Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2020, 12:46 AM

Default Time to do something

I have not posted often here but have been a member for many years but I hope regardless of that fact people will find meaning in this thread.

Our government has gone too far and we all recognize that but what are we going to do. We can no longer sit by watching a party rape and pervert democracy so blatantly. Our country will be ruined and our children and grandchildren will look to us and ask what we did to stop it. We cannot tell them we did nothing.

So let's start a thread with the information of who to write letters to, who to phone, and where we can gather to let our voices be heard and to let democracy shine against these blatant attacks. We have the chartered right to peaceable assembly and if we must we should line the roads 6ft apart from here to Ottowa and fill every parties mailbox full with our voice.

Dont rant, dont argue--give solutions, ideas and action are the only chance we have.

To start I have wrote to each of the parties voicing my concern of our democratic process. It is important to have each party realize the danger so a strong and unified opposition can be brought forward. What are you doing?

CM

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2020, 01:39 AM

Well met.

1) For those who are letter-writing, I am offering printing and envelopes gratis.

Send me a letter, and I will send it to all non-conservative MPs:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en...all&gender=all

2) If you are setup for printing and addressing, Canada Post will deliver your mail without a stamp.

3) We need to start referring to Bill Blair as "Wilhelm Frick", spread it widely, and make it stick. What the Prime Minister has been doing during his tenure is low-level Gleichschaltung, and this lackey of his has committed the greatest offense of it, to date.

4) It is clear that Trudeau is following a "systematic program of persecution (against political opponents) implemented by a modern bureaucracy, enforced by a well-armed police state, and either supported or tolerated by the majority of the Canadian population" (paraphrasing Alan E. Stenweis). Copy and paste THAT and spread it around the social medias...

Old 05-03-2020, 06:01 AM
Banned

Default Enough is enough

One thing we could agree with Canada’s current PM is clear: ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

For too long we have allowed for our rights and freedoms to be trampled with. The writing is on the wall and it is only getting worse for us, at an accelerated pace. From the purposeful destruction of the industries we depend on, to the reversal of the social values, to the continuous attacks on our way of life.

Last friday’s OIC was only the latest step taken by our ruling class towards silencing any potential dissent, but as we were told, it was was not their last.

Despite our differences of opinions on certain issues, we all love this piece of heaven on earth we call home. It is our duty to leave the future generations a place they can grow in free and proud, develop into upstanding members of the society through strong values, morals and hard work.

It would take more than $2000/month for us to be bought in submission with. To the other side’s merit, they are united in their goal of destruction of what we all hold dear. They stand together, are vocal and are not afraid to take action. And that is how they’ve managed to bring the society to where it is today, one step at a time. I guess our course of action should be the same. Fight fire with fire! But the time for action is NOW!

We all know that Canada has been gifted the independence, back then. But if today’s Canada doesn’t want us anymore, the way we are, let’s win our own freedom!

CAN-do
Old 05-03-2020, 07:58 AM

If you are not a member of a Gun Club, join one. Be an active, supportive member. Strong organizations and clubs that promote the shooting sports are more important than ever. Make an effort to take a few non shooters to that club every year and show them how enjoyable sport shooting can be. Let them see first hand how firearms are not the dangerous devices that they some would have them believe. Pick up the tab, but ask them tell people about their experience and challenge others who criticize firearms and shooting.

We need to play the long game because everyone on the other side is saying this ban is just a start. And the long game for us has to be more pro-firearm voters and pro-firearm governments going forward.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
If you are not a member of a Gun Club, join one. Be an active, supportive member. Strong organizations and clubs that promote the shooting sports are more important than ever. Make an effort to take a few non shooters to that club every year and show them how enjoyable sport shooting can be. Let them see first hand how firearms are not the dangerous devices that they some would have them believe. Pick up the tab, but ask them tell people about their experience and challenge others who criticize firearms and shooting.

We need to play the long game because everyone on the other side is saying this ban is just a start. And the long game for us has to be more pro-firearm voters and pro-firearm governments going forward.
Fair enough, but really how do you tell which ones are actively helping and which ones are lining pockets?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-03-2020, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post

Can we do an armed protest on a city
Say 1000 people ?
They- the police , wouldn’t start shooting would they ? Be a bloodbath
Say Edmonton , for Ontario to be inspired and hopefully take it east ?

It could be done, I hope. Count on the support of at least 8 persons from this side. I would strongly advise against the armed part, though. Unless gun replicas. We do not have a second amendment to the constitution yet, and the last thing we would want right now would be to give the antis more reasons to demonize our community even more.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:47 PM

A very nice offer on the letter writing side from Backfield

Curious as to why this incident has brought so many normally non posting members out

This site has discussed matters like this for years.

Now that it has happened, seems to be a lot of interest in posting.

Just asking. Its usually great to hear from members no matter if they contribute regularly or not. Im just asking what changed?
Old 05-03-2020, 12:58 PM

I'm thinking that if Kenney actually firewall the province (our own CFO and Police, maybe pension but that's a touchy subject)....and protected the rights of gun owners, and allowed for continued use of all the banned guns....you would see a migration of like minded Canadians from other provinces to Alberta. That would be good for the province, and would further concentrate that demographic here. It would also make it much more problematic for the feds to further their anti gun agenda here.

Just spitballin' but I can see real benefits to that.

I just doubt Kenney will do it. As they say in Spanish, 'Mucho ruido, y pocas neuces'.....which roughly translates as all talk and no action.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Curious as to why this incident has brought so many normally non posting members out

Just asking. Its usually great to hear from members no matter if they contribute regularly or not. Im just asking what changed?

The whole world has changed in the last few short years, Sir. I would call this last “incident” the straw who broke the camel’s back.
My greatest respect for what you have done and continue to do on this platform and outside of it, from what I understand.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I just doubt Kenney will do it. As they say in Spanish, 'Mucho ruido, y pocas neuces'.....which roughly translates as all talk and no action.

That’s precisely why our time has come to take real action. We have been proven over and over that we can not trust our leaders to have our best interests at heart. The history is full of examples of the kind we are all experiencing today. I’m afraid that if we don’t try to stop the insanity today, we’ll soon come to regret it.

On a side note, It is nice seeing the ‘heavies’ of this platform getting involved with the ‘newbs’!
Old 05-03-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN-do View Post
The whole world has changed in the last few short years, Sir. I would call this last “incident” the straw who broke the camel’s back.

Good to hear!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
That’s precisely why our time has come to take real action. We have been proven over and over that we can not trust our leaders to have our best interests at heart. The history is full of examples of the kind we are all experiencing today. I’m afraid that if we don’t try to stop the insanity today, we’ll soon come to regret it.

On a side note, It is nice seeing the ‘heavies’ of this platform getting involved with the ‘newbs’!
Who are the heavies??? LOL
Old 05-03-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
He's probably talking about me. Both my wife and doctor are nagging me to lose 20 lbs. Or more.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-03-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
well, its not catnthehat.....that dude is a lean mean machine
Old 05-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:

Very valid question,

I have sat quietly on this forum as a relatively inexperienced outdoorsman trying to glean information from the "heavies." I am not an expert in many things and certainly dont have the wisdom and experience consistantly offered on this forum.

That being said, this forum represents one of my greatest passions in life- as it does for many- and that's why I am writing now. I hope we can call to action and organize the heavies as well as the large silent minority in our community. I also believe this fight is more about the democratic process than guns but believe our community has the character to lead the charge. I hope that clarifies a bit.

CM

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
It could be done, I hope. Count on the support of at least 8 persons from this side. I would strongly advise against the armed part, though. Unless gun replicas. We do not have a second amendment to the constitution yet, and the last thing we would want right now would be to give the antis more reasons to demonize our community even more.
I thin Wolf308's post was removed calling for an armed assembly or protest and I agree that's a VERY BAD idea for a number of reasons ....

1) it's illegal and why make ourselves into instant criminals (because they will be at our doors the day after to take our guns)

2) we don't wish violence (particularly gun violence) as that destroys our ENTIRE point and perspective here - we are not violent criminals or crazies we are peaceful, law abiding hunters, sportspeople and sport shooters.

3) there is ZERO need to show up to a peaceful protest armed. We are in no imminent danger from some vegan hippie counter protester.

4) we want the cops on our team, we don't want them our enemies, all of my LEO friends, without exception, support our position - they are not the enemy here.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
well, its not catnthehat.....that dude is a lean mean machine
He's a bloody, moustachioed ninja badass
Old 05-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Just like the plaque says:

A free citizen should have the right to own firearms for the defence of life, propety and Country...

Sad part about the author of that statement was that the Goverment at the time failed to help him after his injuries he subtained in the liberation of Normandy,,, France,,, and Belgium as he walk the full distance to Germany...

I'd like to send this to the members of Parliment in the repect of one of ours who put his life on the line for our freedoms that we should have here today in our country of Canada

Fred Bragg and many of our Fathers,,, Uncles,,, Grandfather's put there lives on the line for Canada to allow """us""" to have the freedoms we have today...

Canada is not a country of dictatorship,,, never was and never will be...

Heres part of the story about Fred for those that haven't read it...
Nosehills Gun Club - Fred Bragg - Alberta Shooting Range
http://www.nhgc.biz/fredBragg.php

Purhaps the less we forget has been forgotten by those that sit in an elected office... sad that they forgot the freedoms they enjoyed while growing up as kids that are now the elected officials that hold the balance of power to take away these values and freedoms...

Sad day for Canada for those that fought for a democratic process... Isn't this the reason why Canada is what it is...

Don
Old 05-03-2020, 11:52 PM
Banned

Default Former introduction

Apparently I should have properly introduced myself, maybe even asked for permission to post, IDK.

Anyways, browsing this and other couple of on-line forums for years. Learned lots but never felt like participating in discussions. There is a greatly appreciated role the better communicators have in educating through any means, including the interwebbed world. I have always been more of a hands on/doer kind of guy, as well as much of my entourage.

The latest events made me get involved on this and the other platforms. I wouldn’t have done it if I felt like they weren’t the right avenues to use in my call for action.

Just because we are not active on a screen, it doesn’t mean we’re not out there. We all have the same interests and passions.

Thanks all,
CAN-do.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfield View Post
What the Prime Minister has been doing during his tenure is low-level Gleichschaltung
Wow, that's one of the best ways to describe what he has done. Great choice of words!
Old 05-05-2020, 11:45 PM
Banned

Default Call to action

Hi all again,

Four days into the “assault type weapons” ban. We’ve seen a lot of in-action from our politicians. We’ve seen and signed maaaany petitions, for what they’re worth. We’ve seen a - more than before - effort from the couple of gun right advocacy organizations. Needed, supported and appreciated efforts!

This May1st. OIC, though, goes beyond the ban on the Javelines and AK-15s. This OIC should worry every freedom loving canadian, every proud, hard working albertan, every parent, every young person. We are seeing a dangerous precedent being set towards dictatorship.

So the few of us, silent folk, decided to take our message to the streets. Every other effort is appreciated and supported. We consider though that the fight has to be fought in the open, not only on on line platforms, not only through petitions which fall over deaf ears usually.

We are planning a peaceful protest against the dictatorship creeping up upon us, a vocal manifestation of our “ENOUGH is ENOUGH!” We are not subjects anymore! This will be a small (so far) public gathering of freedom loving citizens, with no political affiliations expressed. A couple of our children will join us as well. Planning for the next couple of weeks, somewhere downtown Calgary.

CAN-do
Old 05-23-2020, 01:13 PM
Banned

Default Our Canada Day

Mark Friesen, through his Forum for Canadian Sovereignty has been working towards mobilizing an as large as possible rally. I am in! Hopefully at least 20,000 people will show up in Ottawa for Canada Day.

In the meantime, here are a few things every one of us can do to promote the rally and voice our concerns over where Canada is headed towards.

https://ffcs.info/help-promote

In large numbers, we will take our Canada back!

CAN-do.