Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 02:13 PM

Default Keeping walleye

So I never fish for walleye and caught my first one in probably close to 10 years last weekend. I thought you can only keep them if you have a tag is that still the case? Didn’t see in the regs that is says only with tags. But seams like people keep a lot more these days and a lot of lakes limits that didn’t used to? What’s the rules?
Old 05-21-2020, 02:20 PM
Banned

Why are you fishing if you don’t even know the regulations? Is the water body you’re fishing in even open to angling? Smh.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lds View Post
So I never fish for walleye and caught my first one in probably close to 10 years last weekend. I thought you can only keep them if you have a tag is that still the case? Didn’t see in the regs that is says only with tags. But seams like people keep a lot more these days and a lot of lakes limits that didn’t used to? What’s the rules?
It depends on the lake. Some have take home, some don't.

I can't speak for the tags.........I haven't drawn for a fish yet....may never. The lake 30 miles north of me has a 1 walleye take home limit so I don't need tags.

Go here:

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/

Click on the fishing reg's. Look up the info on the lake you're fishing in and you'll find out if you need tags or not.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 05-21-2020, 02:50 PM

Default The rules are easy to find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lds View Post
Follow CptnBlues63 advice.

Its 2020. The rules and regulations are readily available online digitally and in hardcopy at every place that sells fishing tackle.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Lightbulb

Please get and read the fishing synopsis before you go again
Old 05-21-2020, 05:48 PM

Ya I read the regs. So I’m going to sylvan and says one walleye no size limit I didn’t know if I need a tag for that fish or just means I can keep one each time I go without a tag. I was just under the impression that you needed a tag to keep any walleye in alberta
Old 05-21-2020, 06:01 PM

I don't even have to activate my spidey senses to know that this thread is gonna take a hard right in a bad direction right about the time AO Happy Hour starts, and then we all know what happens...::
Closed Thread