Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 07:33 PM
Banned

Love it here Flames fan STILL coming in and chirping? Tell us how well the Flames would be doing if they EVER get to a Conference final
Keep chirping "girls"
Old 06-05-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
[/B]

LOL are you playing woulda, coulda on a game that happened in the 80's, to try and feel better about your current situation?? Awesome.

Read slooooowlyy. Pretty clearly said supposing how the Flames would have fared vs Colo is purposeless. Being that they got poled by the Oilers. They clearly aren't IN the 3rd round because they weren't good enough to MAKE the third round.

Now go back to grieving.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
[/B]

LOL are you playing woulda, coulda on a game that happened in the 80's, to try and feel better about your current situation?? Awesome.
LOL, totally missed that one didn't ya?
Old 06-05-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
No, I think he is trying to show how silly it is for a Flames fan to try and imagine how much before they would have done against the Avs.

Thank you. Glad someone got it.
Old 06-05-2022, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
Well doggie!..this thread gets torn up with the Oil have their backs against the wall, no? Kane got what he deserved I believe and thought he wouldn't be back last night. Too bad he couldn't have inflicted some damage on the scoresheet when he returned.
3rd round losing 4 straight, isn't going to happen. They'll win tomorrow night yet unfortunately this will be it. I've enjoyed the heck out of this year and hope for at least another 2 games.
Speaking of machines, sns. Anyone watch the Tampa/Ranger series? Should the Avs move to the final round they will be hammered by Tampa or the Rangers. Goaltending alone, they are in the next stratosphere. Igor Shesterkin is a robot I'm sure and that kidd line of the Rangers is something to watch.

I know, much of this should have been in the 2022 Playoff thread....sorry mods

GO OIL!!!!!
What you just posted should make you appreciate just how lucky Edmonton was to play in such a soft division. They came out of the division, and yet are outclassed by all three other division champs. Had they been in any other division, they would not have made it to this round.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:17 PM

Oi!!!!!

Who’s the sneaky snivellin Mod dat keeps messin wit MY THREAD!!!

Fix dat title!!!!

Dadgummit!!

Yous bastiches!!

We are soooo not out of this one.

Game of inches. We’ll be victorious tomorrow!!!

Then it’s o e game at a time boys..! This ain’t over!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-05-2022, 08:18 PM

Just messin with you Bessie.

Better?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-05-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
No, I think he is trying to show how silly it is for a Flames fan to try and imagine how much better they would have done against the Avs.
Who did that?
Old 06-05-2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
What you just posted should make you appreciate just how lucky Edmonton was to play in such a soft division. They came out of the division, and yet are outclassed by all three other division champs. Had they been in any other division, they would not have made it to this round.

I actually think they'd have matched up well against the Rangers but with Draisaitl and Nurse running at 60% itd be tough. Colorado is the class of the league by a pretty good margin imo. Have been all year.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:14 PM

Oh hey… BTW

I got told that what Edmonton did to Calgary last week is actually referred to as ‘Gentleman’s Sweep’

We let them have the first game… just to make em feel good bout themselves fer a bit.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I actually think they'd have matched up well against the Rangers but with Draisaitl and Nurse running at 60% itd be tough. Colorado is the class of the league by a pretty good margin imo. Have been all year.
Let the excuses start! You need more than 2 players to win a Stanley cup. You know your in trouble when you think Nurse is a #1 d-man and Smith as a starter.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Oh hey… BTW

I got told that what Edmonton did to Calgary last week is actually referred to as ‘Gentleman’s Sweep’

We let them have the first game… just to make em feel good bout themselves fer a bit.
Think that's a backdoor sweep. Gentlemens sweep is when the series is 4-1, but the order doesn't matter. Some say 3-0, then 3-1, then 4-1 so they can win at home.
Old 06-05-2022, 09:36 PM

No your wrong.. your a Flames fan…. So your naturally wrong,

Gentleman’s sweep

He heeeeee!
Old 06-05-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Let the excuses start! You need more than 2 players to win a Stanley cup. You know your in trouble when you think Nurse is a #1 d-man and Smith as a starter.

Who's making excuses? Said they'd match up well against the Rangers. Series was 1-1.

I'm not in love with Darnell Nurse but you've picked an easy target when the guys injured. Did he play well up until the injury? Yes. Not as well as last year but d3f well enough. And since you're all knowing about hockey maybe you can let me know how many of the 32 #1 Dman in the NHL are heads and tails above him? If you go past 15 teams you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and certainly don't follow advanced stats. Sorry but your eye test won't cut it.

I didn't even mention Smith so you're blathering to hear yourself blather.

Last edited by 270person; 06-05-2022 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Additions
Old 06-06-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Read slooooowlyy. Pretty clearly said supposing how the Flames would have fared vs Colo is purposeless. Being that they got poled by the Oilers. They clearly aren't IN the 3rd round because they weren't good enough to MAKE the third round.

Now go back to grieving.
Fair enough, my miss. That will learn me for posting while in a rush while working. Either way Smith scoring on himself, was a beauty, and Nurse popped a nice one past Smith last night also. You guys must be pumped he's making MaKar $$ hey.
Do me a favor and type slower next time.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:24 AM

Its ok guys!

It could be worse, Flamin toilet seats could still be in the playoffs.

But they aren't, oiler fans are sorry flames fans.
Not

And this series isnt over yet.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 06-06-2022 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
That is funny, because Colorado is the only Division Champ left in the playoffs right now.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
That is funny, because Colorado is the only Division Champ left in the playoffs right now.
I wasn't talking regular season, I was talking playoffs. And as we know, once the playoffs start, the regular season doesn't mean anything.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I wasn't talking regular season, I was talking playoffs. And as we know, once the playoffs start, the regular season doesn't mean anything.
How did you come up with the fact that the Oilers are outmatched against Tampa Bay or the Rangers? The Oilers were 1 and 1 against both teams this season.

Now if they actually played 1 of the teams in the playoffs, like let say the Penguins, where the Penguins gave up a 3-1 series lead, then yes you could safely say the Penguins were outmatched by the Rangers.

Right now you are just making unsubstantiated claims about how 1 team might fair against another in the playoffs. You will never know until they actually play the games.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
How did you come up with the fact that the Oilers are outmatched against Tampa Bay or the Rangers? The Oilers were 1 and 1 against both teams this season.

Now if they actually played 1 of the teams in the playoffs, like let say the Penguins, where the Penguins gave up a 3-1 series lead, then yes you could safely say the Penguins were outmatched by the Rangers.

Right now you are just making unsubstantiated claims about how 1 team might fair against another in the playoffs. You will never know until they actually play the games.
No worries, Elk11 is not to be listened to in any regard concerning hockey. He talks like the village idiot. And yes, he's one of my closest friends. Al the more reason for me to say he's clueless regarding the NHL. In his mind, after Bobby Orr hung em up, she's been all downhill. LOL.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:

In case you didn't notice, I quoted Howard Hutchinson , and it was his opinion that New York or Tampa would easily defeat whomever won in the west. I simply pointed out , that if that was the case, then Edmonton was the weakest team to make the third round.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboe8 View Post
No worries, Elk11 is not to be listened to in any regard concerning hockey. He talks like the village idiot. And yes, he's one of my closest friends. Al the more reason for me to say he's clueless regarding the NHL. In his mind, after Bobby Orr hung em up, she's been all downhill. LOL.
Not quite, the NHL started downhill when it became all about making money, and players were no longer playing because they love the game. And as much as the players strike hurt the game, the virtue signaling nonsense, where games were canceled in support of BLM , hurt the game even more. I have nothing but respect for players like Orr and Howe, and many, many more, that played for the love of the game, but when professional athletes become no better than Hollywood celebrities, it's a lot harder to find any respect for them.

But I do understand why you feel as you do, you weren't even born when hockey was at it's greatest, and players played, because they loved the game, and there were no players strikes, or virtue signaling stunts.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-06-2022 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
In case you didn't notice, I quoted Howard Hutchinson , and it was his opinion that New York or Tampa would easily defeat whomever won in the west. I simply pointed out , that if that was the case, then Edmonton was the weakest team to make the third round.
You do realize that if Team A beats Team B, and Team B then beats Team C, there is absolutely no guarantee Team A will beat Team C.

You have no idea who is going to show up in the playoffs and what is their best possible match up. Look what happen to Calgary and Markstrom. Hardly anyone was giving the Oilers a chance to come out of that series, let alone do it in 5 games.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
You do realize that if Team A beats Team B, and Team B then beats Team C, there is absolutely no guarantee Team a will beat Team C.

You have no idea who is going to show up in the playoffs and what is their best possible match up. Look what happen to Calgary and Markstrom. Hardly anyone was giving the Oilers a chance to come out of that series, let alone do it in 5 games.
Tell that to Howard Hutchinson and the other people that share his opinion, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and accepted his opinion of what would happen.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Tell that to Howard Hutchinson and the other people that share his opinion, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and accepted his opinion of what would happen.
Who the hell is Howard Hutchinson? Last time I read my Bible, I never saw his name on any of the books.

Gboe8 was bang on in his assessment of your stupidity where it concerns NHL hockey! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You never said no to a raise in your life, so why would the players? The average NHL career is 4-5 years, so why would they not fight for every penny when the owners are making large coin?

As for the BLM stuff, that was the league that ultimately made those calls.

PS: Before you met him, Gboe8 played hockey at a very high level with numerous current NHLers.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Who the hell is Howard Hutchinson? Last time I read my Bible, I never saw his name on any of the books.

Gboe8 was bang on in his assessment of your stupidity where it concerns NHL hockey! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You never said no to a raise in your life, so why would the players? The average NHL career is 4-5 years, so why would they not fight for every penny when the owners are making large coin?

As for the BLM stuff, that was the league that ultimately made those calls.

PS: Before you met him, Gboe8 played hockey at a very high level with numerous current NHLers.

Try again, the players decided not to play.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoff...sm/c-318784770

Quote:
The NHL announced the four Stanley Cup Playoff games scheduled for Thursday and Friday have been postponed after the players on the eight remaining teams decided not to play as a form of protest against systemic racism and police brutality.
Quote:
Players from each of the four remaining Eastern Conference teams in the playoffs held a joint video news conference in Toronto, and players from the four remaining Western Conference teams did the same in Edmonton, with all the other players from the Golden Knights, Canucks, Stars and Avalanche standing behind them.
As for myself, I never went on strike during my 35 year career.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:37 AM

Okay boys and girls try to contain yourselves and keep this to a friendly discussion Otherwise take it to PM
Old 06-06-2022, 12:22 PM

Holloway is making his NHL debut tonight.

Go Oil Go!
Old 06-06-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Okay boys and girls try to contain yourselves and keep this to a friendly discussion Otherwise take it to PM
JB, Gboe8, Elk, and I are all close friends. Shoulda made that clear.
Closed Thread