Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2024, 02:40 PM

Default CBC seems to love Alberta trashing stories… however

It appears people want to move here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...data-1.7157110

Given the heart of Canada in CBC’s mind is Ontario and Quebec… it must be galling them to see people fleeing to Here.

Draw back is its driving our home prices up.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-29-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It appears people want to move here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...data-1.7157110

Given the heart of Canada in CBC’s mind is Ontario and Quebec… it must be galling them to see people fleeing to Here.

Draw back is its driving our home prices up.
Hope they remember that they’re moving here to escape the policies that turned their previous provinces/countries into heck holes. Don’t turn Alberta into one.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:54 PM

If more right leaning voters want to move to Edmonton I am all for it.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Hope they remember that they’re moving here to escape the policies that turned their previous provinces/countries into heck holes. Don’t turn Alberta into one.
This is what worries me most. The last provincial election was so close that it wouldn't take much.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:14 PM

Yep their "award" winning writers stay up 24/7 looking for ways to trash us. Still waiting for them to report on the seniors discount on registrations, wonder if I will live long enough. Mind you soon they can let go their "reporters" and just use AI generated obfuscations, you know just type in UCP and hit the write fake news key.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:03 PM

Why would a liberal, NDP even live in this province?
Old 03-29-2024, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Because they will try to change wherever they go to suit them, just like many immigrants.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I’m sure there’s some lefty members here that can chime in.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:05 PM

mainly due to people moving to the province from across Canada and around the world

Who'd have guessed.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-29-2024, 06:28 PM

People don’t generally try to adapt to their surroundings. Quite the opposite actually they try very hard to make their surroundings adapt to themselves.

When Europeans came to. North America they didn’t say “ Oh my what lovely people here , we should get to know them and what they are all about”
nope they said …
“ These poor heathens need to be saved from themselves, so they can fit into our core belief system”
Old 03-29-2024, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
People don’t generally try to adapt to their surroundings. Quite the opposite actually they try very hard to make their surroundings adapt to themselves.

When Europeans came to. North America they didn’t say “ Oh my what lovely people here , we should get to know them and what they are all about”
nope they said …
“ These poor heathens need to be saved from themselves, so they can fit into our core belief system”
We came as refugees in 1955, we have a heritage we believe in, but people of that generation had no inclination to bring their problems with them. On the contrary, we did our best to integrate and on the whole, did that very successfully.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-29-2024, 06:46 PM

Quote:

nope they said …
So the most advanced societies of the world came to North America and should have embraced the stone age? Not bronze age, stone age.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
So the most advanced societies of the world came to North America and should have embraced the stone age? Not bronze age, stone age.
I wasn’t talking about technology.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I wasn’t talking about technology.
Gotcha.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:54 PM

I guess I’m not invested enough in the conversation to explain my point. Figure it out or don’t. It matters not to me .
Old 03-29-2024, 09:47 PM

The number of Ontarians looking for work in Alberta is sobering. It’s usually people from further east looking to come work here. Their economy is in tatters, there’s no jobs. That’s what happens after enough years of allowing that lunatic prime minister “look after things.”
Old 03-30-2024, 02:23 AM

Quote:
I guess I’m not invested enough in the conversation to explain my point. Figure it out or don’t. It matters not to me .
Nope. I understood. That is not what I took from my original response.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:26 AM

With all these Immigrants flocking to Alberta, no wonder our hospitals are full, no family doctors, our healthcare just can’t keep up.
Same with schools, not enough teachers, and schools bursting at the seams.
And then the housing is another issue.
It all snowballs!

And if they are immigrating from the East please leave your Liberal BS behind!
Old 03-30-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Don't count on that. Look what the Californian plague of leftie locusts is doing to the states being invaded. Colorado was the first, happening to more
Old 03-30-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Don't count on that. Look what the Californian plague of leftie locusts is doing to the states being invaded. Colorado was the first, happening to more
It would be the exact same thing in reverse if suddenly rural Albertans were to move to Edmonton and Calgary or Toronto. Do you think they would suddenly make a political left turn? Nope they would vote as they always have.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:53 PM

Was curious about this CBC article, so I ventured onto their website. Their other headlines for the day were:

‘Is there really a competitive advantage?’ Questioning whether transgender males to females have a sports advantage, or is it all evil white male, anti-gay propaganda.

‘Niagara Region (Niagara Falls), declares ‘State of Emergency’. As an ‘abundance of caution, to protect people and property from an anticipated surge in visitation to view the April 8th solar eclipse’. And the ‘experts’ wonder why people ignore these emergency crisis claims.

And an obligatory slam against Alberta and Danielle Smith’s government for spending $160,000 to attend the COP24 climate conference. No mention of what the federal government spent of course. Or mentioning that Alberta wouldn’t have to attend at all if the feds represented Alberta interests fairly.

So with their usual poor sensationalist reporting, I’ll continue to treat anything that comes out of the CBC as more, liberal, manure.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:31 PM

QUOTE=calgarychef;4713022]The number of Ontarians looking for work in Alberta is sobering. It’s usually people from further east looking to come work here. Their economy is in tatters, there’s no jobs. That’s what happens after enough years of allowing that lunatic prime minister “look after things.”[/QUOTE]

It used to be 50 years ago that Ontario was the place to go for a good life.
Atlantic Canada or maratimes basically owned by Irving and McCain's.
A lot of voters used to think and probably rightly so in that area that without government they are screwed. Most regulated place where everything is against some type of law.
In 80s Nova Scotia at one point unemployment was officially 17% but that only counted people who qualified for insurance bennifits. Doesn't count people who moved away ,retired or on welfare.
Guys working there for $5 an hour and having half there paychecks gone with deductions. Then paying a 12% sales tax and 7% gst on every dollar the spent.
Having a mortgage on a house and paying property taxes that were astronomical and having your house depreciate in value over time.
Some Realtor's and contractors used to advertise only in German because only people from Germany could afford to buy property and build new homes. I'm sure irony of this was not lost on maritime veterans who literally faught against Germany years before.
I'm talking about rural Nova Scotia. Provincially Halifax had all the seats or determined the government. Rural and urban much different but most with ambition got out of there.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Was curious about this CBC article, so I ventured onto their website. Their other headlines for the day were:

‘Is there really a competitive advantage?’ Questioning whether transgender males to females have a sports advantage, or is it all evil white male, anti-gay propaganda.

‘Niagara Region (Niagara Falls), declares ‘State of Emergency’. As an ‘abundance of caution, to protect people and property from an anticipated surge in visitation to view the April 8th solar eclipse’. And the ‘experts’ wonder why people ignore these emergency crisis claims.

And an obligatory slam against Alberta and Danielle Smith’s government for spending $160,000 to attend the COP24 climate conference. No mention of what the federal government spent of course. Or mentioning that Alberta wouldn’t have to attend at all if the feds represented Alberta interests fairly.

So with their usual poor sensationalist reporting, I’ll continue to treat anything that comes out of the CBC as more, liberal, manure.

I notice to that if global or CBC shows a picture of Danielle its bad one with a funny or bad facial expression
Old 04-01-2024, 09:53 AM

Anyone who objectively reads the corporate gov funded "news" knows its incredibly biased on behalf of their funders who they couldnt continue without. I have zero faith in any politician but i am hoping Pierre has just enough of a spine to follow through with defunding the CBC and all other state funded media.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatmewolf View Post
Anyone who objectively reads the corporate gov funded "news" knows its incredibly biased on behalf of their funders who they couldnt continue without. I have zero faith in any politician but i am hoping Pierre has just enough of a spine to follow through with defunding the CBC and all other state funded media.
Not just defunding. CBC needs dismantled, and parted out. If they want public broadcasting. Follow PBS blueprint. Have citizens give contributions.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Because they can't afford to live in Toronto or Vancouver.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:23 PM

The Republic of Alberta. That's what's needed. We'd get only the good people from the rest of Canada join us.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
Because they can't afford to live in Toronto or Vancouver.
I hear Nunavut has plenty space & is relatively affordable. Maybe they should look there.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:30 AM

CBC story covering Ontario sunshine list. Public Ontario wages. Does cbc publish cbc wages. High wages for public sector. Makes premier fords $200 look minuscule.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...2023-1.7158278
Old 04-03-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
CBC story covering Ontario sunshine list. Public Ontario wages. Does cbc publish cbc wages. High wages for public sector. Makes premier fords $200 look minuscule.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...2023-1.7158278
Want to see where your tax money goes? Just don’t cry.
https://globalnews.ca/news/10158295/...utive-bonuses/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin