Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-14-2003, 02:02 PM
ATA membership fees

Default ATA membership fees

Hey! just wondering what youall think about the Alberta trappers association puting their membership fees up? Personally i think $20 is not enough at all. I hear that $50 is what they are looking at. This sounds good to me what about you?
Old 03-16-2003, 01:06 AM
Fees

Default Fees

Where do these fees go?
Old 03-16-2003, 01:14 AM
Too High

Default Too High

I am a member but if fees jump that high, I won't be any longer! Maybe $25.00!
Old 03-17-2003, 05:08 PM
too high

Default too high

I don't have any problem with an increase, you don't get much for $20 anymore. I'm not sure of everything they do but if nothing else they are a voice for us to continue to enjoy our pursuit of trapping. I took my coyotes to Westlock last Sat. and bought some supplies for next year. Staff is friendly, helpful and they run a nice store!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:45 PM
not too high

Default not too high

I'm with bushmaster- you don't get much for $20. I have no problem with a fee increase. Those folks at the store work hard and are wonderful to deal with. If it takes a bit more to keep things running, I'm all for it. That said, the focus of the Ass'n seems to be the problems of the Registered trapper as opposed to us residents, but then again, we all benefit.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:14 AM
ATA Fees

Default ATA Fees

The fees need a slight increase in these trying fur price times to kep us a float.The ATA has approx. 1300 members in the province.Some of the benefits are: 4 magazines a year,a store with trapping supplys reasonably priced(until lately members recieved a 7% discount) trapper education and workshops and a place to ship your furs....just to name a few benefits.B.C.trappers assoc. is 30 bucks a year.One thing you don t see when you visit the store is all the volunteer hours we spend attending meetings with government and industry protecting your trappin rights.Just a few thoughts....Zepf.Zone 5 director and lifetime member of the Alberta Trappers Assoc.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:53 AM
ATA fees

Default ATA fees

All the benifits mentioned above for $20? what! How do you people think that the ATA can keep going at that price? All costs are going up, even to heat their store! They are non-profit but that doesnt mean that they should lose money to provide services to trappers. trapping is a dieing sport we need to help out in every way we can. Have you seen the terrorist postings? all the ones i have seen where in trapping disscusion.
Trappers we need to stand toghether and fight for our right!
Old 03-26-2003, 12:38 AM
Back to you Mad Trapper

Default Back to you Mad Trapper

Hey Mad Trapper,

I can sympathize with your stance on this issue however I also noticed on another note you are a young man starting out in this industry, which I support 100% and wish you good luck. However, many of us simply can not afford to pay $50.00 to join each membership which we are encouraged to join and a just from $20.00 to $50.00 dollars is a 150% increase.

I am a member of Alberta Fish and Game Association
I am a member of our local gun club
I am a member of our local fish club
I am a member of half a dozen other community organization who ask for my support, and I give it willingly both in $$$ and time,:rollin
etc, etc, etc.

I am not made of money and I work very hard to earn a buck and I have to make tough decision every day just like every other wage earner on this site. If ATA increases fees by 150% I can not nor will I support it. 10 % increase yes , 25 % increase, probably , 50 % increase maybe >D , anything above this, you have just lost another supporting member!:eek
Old 03-27-2003, 02:31 PM
ATA

Default ATA

I am not made of money ether P&P however $20 a year is not much at all! I agree that perhaps they shouldnt raise it 150% all at once. I am a member of the Alberta Fish and Game Association, The Alberta trappers association, and Trout unlimited. I am a student so i have very little money i also have projects of my own Truck, other hobbies ect. i want the enviroment to be good when iam old so i can enjoy it forever. Trapping has very little support these days so every bit helps. Give what you can. $$ or time or efforts.
Thanks.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Thanks

Default Thanks

I like that P&P. I will adopt that for this forum. And thanks for the quick reply, good luck in school and I will continue to lend support both in $$$ & time. Take care! Predators and Prey
Old 03-28-2003, 02:10 AM
Turney

Default ATA fees

I know right now there isn't any fees to junior partners on reg. trap lines. Most junior partners sell there fur under the senior licence of the traplines, so the junior partners don't pay any trap fees to the government or to the ata. What if the ATA has a junior partner licence and charges say $10 to all the junior partners. Just a thought, it might be a way for the Ata to to come up with more funds.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:05 PM
ATA

Default ATA

Good idea!
I am a resident trapper so that doesnt apply to me but i am sure juniors(i know of a junior partner who is pushing 50) on a trapline wouldnt mind a small fee.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:29 PM
ata fees

Default ata fees

just got my latest copy of alberta trapper. so it looks like the fee is going up to $25 eh!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
ata fee increase

Default ata fee increase

there was a misprint in the magazine. The proposed fee increase is $35. This will be voted on at the annual general meeting this month.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:43 AM
ATA

Default ATA

i think thats good!! i wont be able to vote but if i could i would vote yes.:rollin