Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-16-2019, 07:05 PM

Default Who sells non toxic (lead free) primers?

With the colder months coming I've started thinking about indoor or enclosed space shooting, as many of you probably know primers are the main source of lead exposure in such activities. I know that lead free primers are manufactured and sold in the U.S. but don't know of anyone selling them in Canada.
Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Shooting Xs

Western Metal in Edm. sells Fiocchi heavy metal free primers,with shipping I expect them to be pricey.
May be a while yet before the new Federal Catalyst primers are available in Canada,Fed.'s new pistol ammo is here,haven't seen hunting ammo yet.

Shooting at an indoor public range is going to expose you to every one else's ammo fumes,not sure where the advantage would be in that scenario if you're the only one using lead free primers.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
Western Metal in Edm. sells Fiocchi heavy metal free primers,with shipping I expect them to be pricey.
May be a while yet before the new Federal Catalyst primers are available in Canada,Fed.'s new pistol ammo is here,haven't seen hunting ammo yet.

Shooting at an indoor public range is going to expose you to every one else's ammo fumes,not sure where the advantage would be in that scenario if you're the only one using lead free primers.
Depends...sometimes ranges are for one person only
Old 10-20-2019, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the replies! And yes, I was thinking about private range setups with non restricted firearms. Only family most of the time.