Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 PM

Default Wow what a day (anti hunter run in)

So it was a beautiful day in Kananaskis so I decided to go check a trail camera with my mountain bike and my dog. On the way to 406 I saw I piece of ridgid foam on the road so I stopped to pick it up. Wingnut comes screeching to a halt slides his truck up beside mine. I figure he is going to ask me if I needed help. He doesn’t role down the window just stairs. His huge ass dog hung out the back window ready to kill me. He then floors it driving down to the next approach. I start driving west to Kananaskis he flies out of the approach tries to hit me in my truck as I pass. Then proseeds to fallow me 15km to my spot that I am going to start biking. Blocks me in starts whistling at me gesturing me to get over to him. We argue about hunting and regulation and public land he tries to say I’m poaching and there is no hunting season open right now for 7 minutes. He threatens to let his two dogs out to tear my dog apart and my balls off. Then he gets right up in my face and I smell he has been drinking. Once I ask him if he has been drinking he says he has a .375 waiting for me if I come to his house, he says bring it on and drives away like a wingnut. Now I have to drive back out after him to get cell reception to call 911. Anyways RCMP today where solid A+ Gentlemen with my situation. I thank them for there service as they had to respond to a acreage with a guy threatening he had a .357 and was aggressive enough to use it.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:25 PM

Oh man that’s sounds hectic! Did you manage to keep your calm,or did you have to take a knee and think it threw?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:30 PM

Crazy. Idiots out there. Too bad no dash cam.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 PM

I bet this guy hunts the area and thinks he owns the land. I hope the guy gets some help because it sounds like he needs it. Glad you are okay and that nothing worse happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 09:48 PM

I kept as calm as I could be. There where a few choice worlds. No dash cam. I don’t think this guy was ever a hunter he was making no sense with what he was spouting out about no open seasons and there is no bird season in
K-country. He kept repeating the he was trying to save this pristine place from people like me killing animals.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
I kept as calm as I could be. There where a few choice worlds. No dash cam. I don’t think this guy was ever a hunter he was making no sense with what he was spouting out about no open seasons and there is no bird season in
K-country. He kept repeating the he was trying to save this pristine place from people like me killing animals.
What a knob!
Did you get his plate number?
Cat
Old 10-17-2019, 11:00 PM

That's crazy. Nice way to enjoy a trip out.

Hope the RCMP catch up to this goof and you don't have to run into him again.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:29 PM

greta thunberg Effect..
Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 AM

Doesn't sound like an anti...sounds more like a grade A certified lunatic. Hopefully he is sleeping it off in the drunk tank and is in front of the JP in the morning.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:26 AM

Well my thought process is to use their tactics against them. By that I mean get pictures of them their license plates and their vehicles before post them all over social media with their behavior. Write it up for news papers in letters to the editor fashion.shame them for their ridiculous and uneducated behavior!
Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 AM

I am still flabbergasted about yesterday’s events. As he whistled at me and verbalized something as I walked over he was standing in what I would describe as a drunk sailer ready for a boxing match. It clicked in my head that this is a crazy man and this will be interesting, at that point in most cases I guy could have walked back and drove away but he had me cornered into a gated lease road and I was worried he was going to ram my truck as he attempted that once on the highway already. Once the hair stood up on my neck about this guy feeling something was not normal I hit record voice on my phone and stuck it in my bino harness. I recorded everything he said and I said, recorded his plate, got him to tell me where he lived. As he drove away I took a picture of his truck. Never did get a picture of him, but what haunts me is if my 7 year old son would have been out with me as he usually is he would have witnessed this whole thing and that would have been a bad experience for him as a young outdoorsman, thinking he would have to deal with people like that when your just out enjoying a day in Kananaskis. If my family was with me an he was threatening like that I may have handle it differently. When I smelt he had been drinking My first thought was to grab his keys and toss them in the bush but the freekin wolf dogs he had in the truck went bananas when I got close and if I did that then both vehicals would have been stuck in there and no cell service to call 911, so that was out of the question. As I followed him out and he flew around the gravel curves with oncoming traffic I was sure he was going to loose control or collide with somebody and hurt them , thank god he didn’t Because there is no cell service till I get way back out on the highway. MAN WHAT A DAY. I’m headed back out today to check a few more trail cameras that I got interrupted from yesterday, I hope it’s peaceful and quite like normal today.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:01 AM

Nuttier than squirrel poop!

There are no absolutes
Old 10-18-2019, 06:11 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Meth head......only one way to fix it.....imagine now a cop or cops gotta deal with this wanker.....jeepers.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-18-2019, 06:26 AM

You are a cool cucumber, Sir. I tip my hat your direction.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I’m headed back out today to check a few more trail cameras that I got interrupted from yesterday, I hope it’s peaceful and quite like normal today.
Hope it is a good trip for you! On a side note, you do carry bear spray when hunting/scouting those areas, right?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Hope it is a good trip for you! On a side note, you do carry bear spray when hunting/scouting those areas, right?
Yes I always have bear spray. And if it is public land I am out in, I almost always have a shotgun, rifle or a Springfield survival rifle thats both shotgun and rifle. In my eyes and in the law there is nothing illegal about carrying a firearm on public land. It goes to show you it’s not just bear, wolfs, cougars, rutting moose, angry bull elk that could poke a hole in you out there. There are crazy people that have killer dogs you have to watch for.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Reverse look up his address

Get his name and FB check him. People like that normally love to see/hear themselvea on social media.

I would also follw up with cops to ensure he has his PAL revoked if he is threatening to shoot people.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 AM

Isn’t uttering a threat a criminal code offence?
You’ve got audio, so that should be a slam dunk.......

There are no absolutes
Old 10-18-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Yes I always have bear spray. And if it is public land I am out in, I almost always have a shotgun, rifle or a Springfield survival rifle thats both shotgun and rifle. In my eyes and in the law there is nothing illegal about carrying a firearm on public land. It goes to show you it’s not just bear, wolfs, cougars, rutting moose, angry bull elk that could poke a hole in you out there. There are crazy people that have killer dogs you have to watch for.
I haven’t looked up the stats, but I would bet more Albertans are killed by domestic animals than wild animals each year. Sorry your trip was ruined by a cracked out loser and nice work keeping your cool and reporting it.

Gerry Burnie
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I haven’t looked up the stats, but I would bet more Albertans are killed by domestic animals than wild animals each year. Sorry your trip was ruined by a cracked out loser and nice work keeping your cool and reporting it.
You're right take a guess on which domestic animal kills more humans in the world than anything.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 AM

I’d bet horses cripple more people than any other. Cows or dogs would be my first guess for killers.

Gerry Burnie
Old 10-18-2019, 11:52 AM

dogs maybe ? curious now ....
Old 10-18-2019, 12:08 PM

mosquitos
Old 10-18-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
So it was a beautiful day in Kananaskis so I decided to go check a trail camera with my mountain bike and my dog. On the way to 406 I saw I piece of ridgid foam on the road so I stopped to pick it up. Wingnut comes screeching to a halt slides his truck up beside mine. I figure he is going to ask me if I needed help. He doesn’t role down the window just stairs. His huge ass dog hung out the back window ready to kill me. He then floors it driving down to the next approach. I start driving west to Kananaskis he flies out of the approach tries to hit me in my truck as I pass. Then proseeds to fallow me 15km to my spot that I am going to start biking. Blocks me in starts whistling at me gesturing me to get over to him. We argue about hunting and regulation and public land he tries to say I’m poaching and there is no hunting season open right now for 7 minutes. He threatens to let his two dogs out to tear my dog apart and my balls off. Then he gets right up in my face and I smell he has been drinking. Once I ask him if he has been drinking he says he has a .375 waiting for me if I come to his house, he says bring it on and drives away like a wingnut. Now I have to drive back out after him to get cell reception to call 911. Anyways RCMP today where solid A+ Gentlemen with my situation. I thank them for there service as they had to respond to a acreage with a guy threatening he had a .357 and was aggressive enough to use it.
Wow you should have hung him look them straight in the eye tell him God loves him
Old 10-18-2019, 07:41 PM

How would he know you're hunting ?

Grizz
Old 10-18-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I’d bet horses cripple more people than any other. Cows or dogs would be my first guess for killers.

A veteran trauma doc posed that very question (multi choice)to a medical group observing me banging on a set of shoes on a testy draft horse. Only the doc and me gave the right answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 10-18-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
How would he know you're hunting ?

Grizz
He first got it in his head that I was hunting when I was pulled over picking up the stuff off the road. I guess he thought I was shooting at something or looking at something. Then the chase was on for him, he was bound and determined to show me what he thought. Then when I was out of the truck I had kinda natural Colour clothes on and I had my dog, GSP that he was admit that I had Duke the dog trained to hunt down bears. Then he got into why would I want to kill a bear and on and on with all kinds of nonsense that there is no bear season and I am poaching and he is going to report me. Blah blah blah there was no telling him anything a tried to show him the game guide numerous times but he wouldn’t leave his truck because his defence against me doing something was pulling the handle and letting his dogs out. So he didn’t get to far from the back truck door. And he was wrong anyway I wasn’t hunting I was out for a bikeride with my dog to check trail cameras. But a guy is going to talk **** about hunter I am going to let him hear my opinion on him.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
You're right take a guess on which domestic animal kills more humans in the world than anything.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
mosquitos

Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 PM

Press charges
Old 10-19-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Press charges
That has been done not by me but when the RCMP arrived at his residence there was enough evidence to charge him without my help, unless he pleads not guilty.