Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Default Salmon Fishing Trip of a Lifetime (Video)

Well i finally got the footage together from our trip to Langara Lodge. It truly was the trip of a lifetime. The fishing was incredible and a guy couldn't of asked for better weather. The sheer power of these big salmon going on a 400ft run was absolutely insane along with the burning arms of bringing up some big halibut from the bottom. With the amount of bait in the area we constantly got shows from the whales. Hope you guys enjoy the footage!

https://youtu.be/ql9mbs1Er2s
Old 10-06-2019, 10:11 PM

That looked like a blast. I’ve never fished for anything deeper than 30 ft so it was cool to see up close all the tackle I was getting excited just watching the video so I can imagine how cool it would have been in person. You had me wanting to go to Cold lake now you pull this on me.! Thanks for posting and hope you have just as great an outing on your next one.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:44 AM

Some great video. I've been there twice but not for a few years now. Fantastic place!
Old 10-07-2019, 09:58 AM

I was up there Aug long at the North Island Lodge. Great fishing this year, caught my limit and the weather was fantastic. Totally different from last year. Great video as well.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:49 AM

That is just awesome!!

I was relieved to see later in the video when glasses were on, if you can imagine a hook being spit out and landing in your eye....yikes. Thats one hard rule on my boat, glasses of some sort when anyone is reeling in.

Amazing video, make me want to go back today.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-07-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
That looked like a blast. I’ve never fished for anything deeper than 30 ft so it was cool to see up close all the tackle I was getting excited just watching the video so I can imagine how cool it would have been in person. You had me wanting to go to Cold lake now you pull this on me.! Thanks for posting and hope you have just as great an outing on your next one.
The water was extremely warm compared to normal so those big salmon were a lot deeper then normal. With that warmer water there were issues with salmon sharks stealing fish and tackle. Cold Lake/Laker fishing is defiantly one of the next best things to a salmon adventure like this! I have one more trip left to Manitoba to chase lakers this weekend to wrap up my open water season. Then the long wait for Cold Lake to freeze begins...
Old 10-07-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Some great video. I've been there twice but not for a few years now. Fantastic place!
Thanks! Couldn't speak higher about the staff and the lodge itself. Everyone there treats you like family and the food was incredible. This was the second time we had the honor to fish with Ted and we had many laughs on the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronneroi View Post
I was up there Aug long at the North Island Lodge. Great fishing this year, caught my limit and the weather was fantastic. Totally different from last year. Great video as well.
Thanks! Great weather makes everything so much more enjoyable. Cant go wrong with the scenery up there as well
Old 10-08-2019, 12:03 PM

We started to go to Langara when they had just the OLD paddlewheeler for accomodation. They have always run a first class operation.

In my opinion there isn't a Lodge running on the West Coast that can compare to their quality.

Great video!!
Old 10-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Looks like a great time.
Nice video

RD
Old 10-14-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
We started to go to Langara when they had just the OLD paddlewheeler for accomodation. They have always run a first class operation.

In my opinion there isn't a Lodge running on the West Coast that can compare to their quality.

Great video!!
Thanks! I've never been to the others but why mess with something that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
Looks like a great time.
Nice video

RD
Thanks, it was a blast!