Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Most of my research says basically forget about calories and just focus on keeping carbs as low as possible. If you are hungry, eat...< the general jist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
I’ve been eating Keto for about 4.5 months now. I weighed 265 pounds when I started. And I now weigh 216lbs. I feel amazing! I’ve dropped my blood pressure about 15-20 points on both the systolic and diastolic. I no longer suffer through heartburn, most of my aches and pains have disappeared. Cravings for sugar and carbs are pretty much gone. I also use intermittent fasting almost daily, and most days I have to force myself to eat my first meal. It’s not a “diet” it’s a lifestyle change. If you make sure you’re getting all the proper nutrients and minerals, you can eat this way forever. I plan to! I mean obviously there will be a day every so often when I may cheat. Like birthdays, or Christmas, etc. But I actually enjoy this way of eating much more than a standard North American diet!
That’s basically what I’m doing. Just making sure I don’t go over my calorie goal for the day. The goal being set that I lose 2lbs/week. I do keep the carbs low but I wouldn’t say I’m in Ketosis. If I want to eat something with carbs but it fits into my daily range I do it. I’m never starving and feel satisfied when I do eat. My way works, I just want to make sure there isn’t something out there that is way better. Maybe what I do is considered Keto Lite
Old 02-07-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
That’s basically what I’m doing. Just making sure I don’t go over my calorie goal for the day. The goal being set that I lose 2lbs/week. I do keep the carbs low but I wouldn’t say I’m in Ketosis. If I want to eat something with carbs but it fits into my daily range I do it. I’m never starving and feel satisfied when I do eat. My way works, I just want to make sure there isn’t something out there that is way better. Maybe what I do is considered Keto Lite
It’s not Keto anything if you don’t get yourself into a ketogenic state. It would just be a low carb diet.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
It’s not Keto anything if you don’t get yourself into a ketogenic state. It would just be a low carb diet.
Ya you’re correct. Thanks for all the advice and links. I’ll do some more research and see if it’s right for me. For now, I’ll stick to the low carb diet and see if it will continue working for me.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:34 PM

So 4th day in on Keto plan. Had made dinner tonight and I couldent finish. Not hungry? First time in a lot of years that happened.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
So 4th day in on Keto plan. Had made dinner tonight and I couldent finish. Not hungry? First time in a lot of years that happened.
Its great!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 PM

https://www.dmarge.com/2018/07/keto-diet-risks.html
Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 AM

Any need for any supplement vitamins or minerals?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:55 AM

Should get most from what you eat as long as you include leafy greens (cruciferous) veg in your diet (7-10cups daily).

Magnesium, Potassium and electrolytes are the key ones to watch as without carbs your body isn't "holding onto" these. Be careful w/potassium though, best to consult your doc.

Cheers,

Scott.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwahkly View Post
Any need for any supplement vitamins or minerals?
Yes. It’s mentioned earlier....
Old 02-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Day 8, 12 pounds down. I really don't have persay a goal in mind, I used to follow this eating lifestyle, hardcore first years ago, and slowly reverted back to eating poorly.

Now that I am once again back on track, I truly realize what crap I was back to eating, and putting back into my body.

Years ago when I went hardcore, I lost 40 lbs in four months. Maintained the lifestyle for probably 2 years or more, then life changes abit, so does eating habits I guess.

I never gained all 40 lbs back, but slowly gained weight, lost energy, too many beers.. list goes on.

So, 8 days ago, I said self?? Time for a change, so lets dance.
Reopened that door that I had closed, and haven't felt this great in years!!

I enjoy reading the success stories, good luck to all !!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Day 8, 12 pounds down. I really don't have persay a goal in mind, I used to follow this eating lifestyle, hardcore first years ago, and slowly reverted back to eating poorly.

Now that I am once again back on track, I truly realize what crap I was back to eating, and putting back into my body.

Years ago when I went hardcore, I lost 40 lbs in four months. Maintained the lifestyle for probably 2 years or more, then life changes abit, so does eating habits I guess.

I never gained all 40 lbs back, but slowly gained weight, lost energy, too many beers.. list goes on.

Awesome!!!!
Old 02-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:

X2

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Question. I get sick of water. Those mio squirt in the glass juice things, zero calorie and carbs, good for Keto?
Old 02-08-2019, 12:45 PM

I’m down 13 lbs in 2 weeks btw....
Old 02-08-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Question. I get sick of water. Those mio squirt in the glass juice things, zero calorie and carbs, good for Keto?
I have no carb drinks for keto, however, not sure the aspertane is good for the brain and the tummy....The jury for me on this one is out for me..Not sure...
Old 02-08-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
The largest weight loss is the first few weeks...After that, the pounds come off more slowly...

I lost 30lbs since September and then xmas came and stayed consistent ( up a few and down a few pounds)

Once you have lost a good amount of weight, look at more of a lifestyle change and slowly lose more weight.....

Still need a balance and a couple cheats days along the way..LOL
Old 02-08-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
We really started to add lemon to our water . Even now we have hot lemon water instead of coffee.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Atta boy. I lost 26 lbs in the month of January. I also hit the stationary bike and weights pretty hard so pretty sure I gained a little muscle as well so probably lost more fat than I think. Was usually 4-6 grams of carbs per day.

The weight loss leveled off after 5 weeks. I decided to go back to a moderate carb diet and have been able to maintain.

I used the 0 carb water enhancers every day with no adverse effect.

If you find the weight loss stops search up carb cycling. Might help.

Looper
Old 02-08-2019, 01:42 PM

Awesome,amazing way of eating -for someone else

Me-my body acidifies too quickly and I have next level nuclear Gout Attacks.

But the weight loss is undeniable
Old 02-08-2019, 06:29 PM

Anybody use MTC powder ?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:58 AM

Hey, well I am not on Keto diet but my mother is for a month now. She cant tell if she is feeling better but she says she burns fat pretty quickly which she wanted also. I dont need to be on this diet because I havent this kind of problems but maybe I will when I will have these kind of complications in m life
Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaterfa View Post
Hey, well I am not on Keto diet but my mother is for a month now. She cant tell if she is feeling better but she says she burns fat pretty quickly which she wanted also. I dont need to be on this diet because I havent this kind of problems but maybe I will when I will have these kind of complications in m life
You do not need to have any complications to do this. I know many people who do it for the health benefits and the energy it gives you. Alot of people got blood work the first week. Then a couple months later got it again and everything was much better.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
You do not need to have any complications to do this. I know many people who do it for the health benefits and the energy it gives you. Alot of people got blood work the first week. Then a couple months later got it again and everything was much better.
How about cholesterol levels with the high fat?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
How about cholesterol levels with the high fat?
You have good and bad cholesterol. This explains a bit about keto and cholesterol

https://www.ruled.me/the-ketogenic-d...d-cholesterol/

Also the biggest misconception on Keto is you have to stuff your face with fat.

No you do not, fat is a lever to help you feel satiated. People go to the Keto Gains website and use the macro calculator. https://www.ketogains.com/calculator/

This Dr is by far one of the better ones to follow.
https://www.facebook.com/kendberry.m...y_drg7PR77czaU

Here is one of the better groups to follow.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901906003411152/
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
You have good and bad cholesterol. This explains a bit about keto and cholesterol

https://www.ruled.me/the-ketogenic-d...d-cholesterol/

Also the biggest misconception on Keto is you have to stuff your face with fat.

No you do not, fat is a lever to help you feel satiated. People go to the Keto Gains website and use the macro calculator. https://www.ketogains.com/calculator/

This Dr is by far one of the better ones to follow.
https://www.facebook.com/kendberry.m...y_drg7PR77czaU

Here is one of the better groups to follow.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901906003411152/
Exactly. Why put more fat in your body, when what you want to shred...well.. is your own fat.

Having said that though, you still need fat in your diet, but need more protein than fat or carbs.

Troutbug has posted some really good info and links above.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Why put more fat in your body, when what you want to shred...well.. is your own fat.

Having said that though, you still need fat in your diet, but need more protein than fat or carbs.

Troutbug has posted some really good info and links above.
You want most of your calories to come from........ fat. At least 65%

Generally, the macronutrient ratio varies within the following ranges: 60-75% of calories from fat (or even more), 15-30% of calories from protein, and. 5-10% of calories from carbs.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Default Diabetes II

I've been on keto for almost 2 wks now my Wieght loss is hanging around 10lbs, but with exercising now there may also be some muscle building. I'm a diabetes 2 person and prior to starting the keto diet I was taking 80 units of insulin a day, as my blood sugar drops I have had to decrease my insulin. I am now down to 50 units per day. That's a pretty significant reduction, so far.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:56 PM

This thread inspired me to give it a try. My wife and I started about 10 days ago and I'm down 10 lbs to date. Thanks to those that posted. It got me finally deciding to do something to better my health.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-13-2019, 05:39 PM

Keto + Carnivore = "ketovore"

More meat ( we're hunter's , right?) , more fat , only minimal carbs from good stuff. (5% D.V.)

If you really want a wake up call on processed foods , research Senomyx.
Corporations are killing us and worse.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
This thread inspired me to give it a try. My wife and I started about 10 days ago and I'm down 10 lbs to date. Thanks to those that posted. It got me finally deciding to do something to better my health.

SS