Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Default Who here has hunted 410?

I've hunted 410 couple of times a number of years back when i first started hunting By Mount yamnuska. The amount of people was insanity and the animals seemed almost non
Existent but I have been looking over a few different areas in that zone that look promising for Elk. What's it like hunting elk in 410? How much human traffic is there? Anybody get into any good bugle battles? Have any idea of numbers and age class? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:59 PM

Who hasn’t hunted 410. There was probably 1000 guys out there yesterday and it’s not season yet. The closer you get to the city of 1 million people the more shananagans you will find.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:06 PM

I live in 410, but I don't hunt elk here. There are a lot of elk and a lot of hunters. You can avoid human traffic, but the elk determine where you go and there are plenty of safe spots for them to hang out. If you can hunt during the week you can avoid people, if you have a trail cam with cellular service that can text you when they are passing by then you're on par with some of the others chasing elk around here. I helped a really dedicated guy haul out a 6*7 elk a couple years ago, so there are chances out there.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:06 PM

Lots of traffic, it’s one place where you can walk off the highway and find elk, the only problem is after about the first few hours of the season the elk go find their hiding spots
Old 08-28-2019, 02:23 AM

Default 410

I live in 410. All the areas that were low key are now filled with young Vanmore kids trying to find a place to sleep for the summer. Up all night with fires and what not. Seems they will have a huge impact on migration of the elk. The Yam elk bed in the day in the park as do the ones closer to the park gates. These communities have cut them off from food in Yam and the areas in Canmore somewhat forcing them to just stay put till late at night. And the deer are already acting as if they have hunting pressure. Kind of a let down.

Tags
archery elk, bow hunting, canmore, elk hunting, wmu 410