Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 07:59 PM

Local Meats in Leduc great cuts and lots of different unique out of the ordinary things. Great spot to stop for different things to try out on the smoker. Check out their website or Facebook page.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
The "Butcher Block" in Dawson Creek is my favourite butcher shop. Great variety, the products are local, and great meat quality.

Also Acme meat is a great one in Edmonton. Where they sell the more rare cuts and varieties of meat... wagyu beef, skirt steak, hanger steak, picania... mmm.

Although I have to say that I prefer eating elk and moose over anything from the butcher.
Just checked out Acme meats, picked up some wagyu striploin, sausages and bacon, definitely a nice spot, I like that you can grab everything you need for a premium meal right in that little area, with Little Duchess bakery right beside it, and Kind ice cream (could very well be the best ice cream ever) right across the street!!! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-07-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The best in the city if you are looking for a butcher not a wild game sausage maker.
I second Acme Meats. They're one of if not the oldest in Edmonton too - opened up in 1921. They get their beef locally, all short grass fed.