Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 09:42 PM

Default Another Shady Sole Source Contract, $133M

And, it was given to another company in Quebec. And it involves SNC Lavalin as well, as they got the contract to build a factory in QC to make PPE. And it is under the pretext of 'unprecedented circumstances' of Covid-19. But, probably nothing to see here. Or just the same old same old. I'm sure no other company in Canada could have done it, so no point in tendering the contract.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...ct-to-make-ppe

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-04-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
And, it was given to another company in Quebec. And it involves SNC Lavalin. And it is under the pretext of 'unprecedented circumstances' of Covid-19. But, probably nothing to see here. Or just the same old same old.

Well with 133 million I could also build a factory and make masks for everybody in Canada.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Well with 133 million I could also build a factory and make masks for everybody in Canada.
I would have roped Bessie in, we could have done it for $132M and saved the taxpayers a million.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-04-2020, 11:37 PM

They don't even try to hide the obvious corruption anymore, they just accept that Liberal voters will accept it and think "Well, its better than the alternative!" simply because the media and post-secondary education tars Conservatives as though they're the antichrist.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They don't even try to hide the obvious corruption anymore, they just accept that Liberal voters will accept it and think "Well, its better than the alternative!" simply because the media and post-secondary education tars Conservatives as though they're the antichrist.
Pretty much eh? There is such distrust for conservatives.. I guess the liberal machine has done its damage over the generations.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
And, it was given to another company in Quebec. And it involves SNC Lavalin as well, as they got the contract to build a factory in QC to make PPE. And it is under the pretext of 'unprecedented circumstances' of Covid-19. But, probably nothing to see here. Or just the same old same old. I'm sure no other company in Canada could have done it, so no point in tendering the contract.

Read that in the news this morning. Bull crap liberal cronies greasing liberal cronies. Same old same old same old.

In other news this morning a Canadian drug manufacture has developed a vaccine for covid, that stops the virus in mice. Last May they asked the Feds to approve this for human testing and for funding to the tune of 35 million. Haven't heard squat, kiss my azz, go **** up a rope, nothing from the feds. I'm guessing this company isn't in le belle province! Link below

https://edmontonsun.com/news/nationa...8-f1d0f10d5c91

BW
Old 08-05-2020, 03:41 PM

It was brought up quite a while ago about SNC Lavalin. The bull, deceit and corruption would be swept under the big rug and they would be awarded another big money contract. Who really expected anything different. I didn't and lots on here seen it coming. Surprise surprise surprise.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
They are confident that the same people in central in eastern Canada that elected them twice, will vote for them no matter what they do. And I fear that they are correct.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:53 PM

Its like our leaders are taking notes from the American Leaders Handbook!!!

Last edited by morinj; 08-05-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:16 PM

Default You bet!

Quote:
I would have roped Bessie in, we could have done it for $132M and saved the taxpayers a million.....
Build that factory on the Aga Kahn’s island...!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 08-05-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
Its like our leaders are taking notes from the American Leaders Handbook!!!
Don’t kid yourself Libs wrote the book on shady crooked deals.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Don’t kid yourself Libs wrote the book on shady crooked deals.
Conservatives wrote the forward.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:50 PM

Nothing about this on the CBC or other bought and paid for media, hence the sheep in the east will continue to vote for him.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:18 AM

I would have taken a shot at it for $120 million.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
100%-- they have gotten away with it so many times now with zero repercussions. To take it a step further, this company borrowed $4 million from the Quebec government to build a production facility that can fulfill the contract. Guess who got the contract to build said facility-- I'm sure we all know the answer to that one. SNC-Lavalin!!!!!

What is happening in the background that they are still trying to hide?
Old 08-06-2020, 09:02 AM

QC had far more Cerb illegal claims than Any other province, wonder if their is not a systemic problem in that province.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
QC had far more Cerb illegal claims than Any other province, wonder if their is not a systemic problem in that province.
There is a systemic problem in Ottawa. The feds shun every other province. Le Belle Province gets it all!

BW
Old 08-07-2020, 08:25 AM

The LPC is a perfect fit for eastern Canada. (Quebec and the Maritimes). (Ontario always seems to sit on the fence, I think). They do that part of the country well. The reason they can do this is 100% due to the fact that the rest of the country pays for it, whether they like it or not.
There are two Canadas, with those who sow on one side, and those who reap, on the other.
Under the LPC Canada will always be divided. Under another party, there will still be those who want to be divided. The solution? Divide.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:31 AM

I brought this up with IncrediGirl last night - She hadn't heard about this at all. None of the news sources she reads/watches carried this.