Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2020, 09:18 PM

Default BRP to discontinue manufacturing Evinrude ETEC's

Company discontinues the manufacturing of outboard engines and agrees with market leader Mercury Marine to support boat packages.

Valcourt, Quebec, May 27, 2020 – BRP (TSX: DOO; NASDAQ: DOOO) announced today it has re-oriented its marine business by focusing on the growth of its boat brands with new technology and innovative marine products. We will discontinue production of Evinrude E-TEC and E-TEC G2 outboard engines. Our Sturtevant, WI, facility, will be repurposed for new projects to pursue our plan to provide consumers with an unparalleled experience on the water.
Discontinuing outboard engine business and signing an agreement with Mercury Marine

Following our decision to discontinue E-TEC and E-TEC G2 outboard engines, we have signed an agreement with market leader Mercury Marine to support boat packages and continue to supply outboard engines to our boat brands.

We will continue to supply customers and our dealer network service parts and will honour our manufacturer limited warranties, plus offer select programs to manage inventory. These decisions will impact 650 employees globally.

Wow !!!!!!! That's Crazy . I love my E-tec HO
Old 05-27-2020, 09:21 PM

That really is crazy.

When way from Merc never planning to go back.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:56 PM

I personally think Evinrude makes the worst motor going, but a lack of competition is really bad for us as buyers. Honda-Yamaha-Suzi-Merc. Those are the best going (in that order) but that's ALL we're left with now...
Old 05-28-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I personally think Evinrude makes the worst motor going, but a lack of competition is really bad for us as buyers. Honda-Yamaha-Suzi-Merc. Those are the best going (in that order) but that's ALL we're left with now...
i have Evinrude's that are over 40 years. they start first pull on the trolling motors and first crank on the 150 hp , great units never a problem
Old 05-28-2020, 02:16 PM

Must have run out of federal grant money!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:38 PM

Its ******ing Avro Arrow all over again!!! Engine was just to Damn good, so big money forced it out! Buggers!