Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2020, 08:48 PM

Default James'The Real Steal' for Lucic & a Third-Rounder

Neal golfing, did very little other than pout(his specialty), Looch scoring, assisting, hitting, fighting, leading, methinks the Flames want more trades with the Oil.

Brad Richards,Mark Messier, Niklas Lidstrom, Jonathon Quick, Patrick Roy, just a few third rounders to play the game a while.

Treliving for mayor!!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Neal golfing, did very little other than pout(his specialty), Looch scoring, assisting, hitting, fighting, leading, methinks the Flames want more trades with the Oil.

Brad Richards,Mark Messier, Niklas Lidstrom, Jonathon Quick, Patrick Roy, just a few third rounders to play the game a while.

Treliving for mayor!!
That must have been one impressive goal the other night?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Treliving for mayor!!
Wow!
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 PM

Oilers traded a no trade contract which means come the Seattle expansion draft Lucic will either have to waive his no movement clause or Flames have to put him on their protected list and lose a different player they want to keep. He's in the driver seat. Not Treliving.

It was a very good trade for the Oilers. A no movement clause for one that can be bought out and save you $$. You make that deal every day, all day.

Lucic' only plus is he can pull a plow when he's not scoring, which is 94% of the time.

And congrats on the win in a fight with a guy 2 weight classes down.

Did you fall over in yet boat and bang yer head?
Old 08-08-2020, 11:05 PM
Banned

Post season:

Neal - GP 4.....G 2.....A 1.....PPG .75......PM 0

Lucic - GP 4....G 1......A 3.....PPG 1.0......PM 11

At least Lucic took someone with him with 5 of those penalty minutes but he left his team shorthanded for 6 of them. At least one of his penalties lead to a PPG.

But yeah, he’s awesomer.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:16 PM

Fail thread of 2020?
Old 08-08-2020, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Oilers traded a no trade contract which means come the Seattle expansion draft Lucic will either have to waive his no movement clause or Flames have to put him on their protected list and lose a different player they want to keep. He's in the driver seat. Not Treliving.

It was a very good trade for the Oilers. A no movement clause for one that can be bought out and save you $$. You make that deal every day, all day.

Lucic' only plus is he can pull a plow when he's not scoring, which is 94% of the time.

And congrats on the win in a fight with a guy 2 weight classes down.

Did you fall over in yet boat and bang yer head?
4 Points Lucic
3 Points Neal

Lucic is in the bubble
Neal is at his cabin......

Yeah honestly, when the chips were down and it mattered.... AWESOME TRADE. He also had a goal called back on him Fight was proposed by the suicidial defensemen.. Honestly, Lucic took it easy. I didn't think he should have. I think in clinching game you do what you have to..
Seriously, you guys can have James Neal. No character, no personality, no nothing but a whinny little biatch. Seems he cant stick with a team.. Ever wonder why?
Old 08-09-2020, 12:00 AM
Banned

Post season:

Neal - +3

Lucic - +1

Good thing +/- doesn’t count when you’re sitting in the penalty box.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
4 Points Lucic
3 Points Neal

Lucic is in the bubble
Neal is at his cabin......

Yeah honestly, when the chips were down and it mattered.... AWESOME TRADE. He also had a goal called back on him Fight was proposed by the suicidial defensemen.. Honestly, Lucic took it easy. I didn't think he should have. I think in clinching game you do what you have to..
Seriously, you guys can have James Neal. No character, no personality, no nothing but a whinny little biatch. Seems he cant stick with a team.. Ever wonder why?

Probably won't have Neal long, something that can't be said for the Flames and Lucic. Congrats. 5.25M for what...4 goals and some glares? Awesome player 40 years late for his talent.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Probably won't have Neal long, something that can't be said for the Flames and Lucic. Congrats. 5.25M for what...4 goals and some glares? Awesome player 40 years late for his talent.
Both players way overrated. Neal is a fourth line guy who is so soft it’s pathetic. He worries more about his teeth than checking a player into the boards. Hope he is gone soon. Bad outcome for the oil. Lucic at least plays hard
Old 08-09-2020, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Post season:

Neal - +3

Lucic - +1

Good thing +/- doesn’t count when you’re sitting in the penalty box.
So true.. That additional +2 will taste so good as Neal and the oiler faithful salt their summer margaritas with the tears of dreams lost and the knowledge that they perhaps have 2 of the top players in this league and couldn't get by the CHICAGO BLACK HAWKS..... Not only couldn't get by but were dominated like they were dressed as Girly boys at a S&M Convention in Vegas.... Jesus Chicago was the basement team in the central division by a LONG SHOT.. But hey. Enjoy the 2 +/-.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 08-09-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
So true.. That additional +2 will taste so good as Neal and the oiler faithful salt their summer margaritas with the tears of dreams lost and the knowledge that they perhaps have 2 of the top players in this league and couldn't get by the CHICAGO BLACK HAWKS..... Not only couldn't get by but were dominated like they were dressed as Girly boys at a S&M Convention in Vegas.... Jesus Chicago was the basement team in the central division by a LONG SHOT.. But hey. Enjoy the 2 +/-.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Harsh, bro.

True, but harsh....

Game 4 Lucic Dube and Bennett were the best line on the ice, right from the opening faceoff. Two goals, a dozen or more big hits, the opening fight. Jets were staying clear, lucic could stand in crease with impunity. And that makes a huge difference when you can stand in the kitchen of a goalie as good as Hellebuyck. If that line plays like that from here out, they set the tone for the whole team. And that's good.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-09-2020, 11:28 AM

And when the Flames are out in the first round and joining the Oil on the golf course, who cares what Neal and Lucic did in the qualifiers. 2 guys who only show flashes of their former selves now. 2 teams traded dead weight. Both were better with their new teams. Will both be back? Maybe not. I still think Oil got the better of the deal.

We got some upsets in the qualifying round and there will be upsets in the playoff rounds. Unless your team is hoisting the cup at the end, they all sucked lol. I think with Seattle coming, a lot of players will be nervous that they are up for grabs.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
And when the Flames are out in the first round and joining the Oil on the golf course, who cares what Neal and Lucic did in the qualifiers. 2 guys who only show flashes of their former selves now. 2 teams traded dead weight. Both were better with their new teams. Will both be back? Maybe not. I still think Oil got the better of the deal.

We got some upsets in the qualifying round and there will be upsets in the playoff rounds. Unless your team is hoisting the cup at the end, they all sucked lol. I think with Seattle coming, a lot of players will be nervous that they are up for grabs.
And there could be players more than happy to be unprotected in hopes they get to leave a dumpster fire club and go to a club with less expectations and pressure. The cap isn’t budging so there will be good players left unprotected. Could be another successful expansion club on the horizon just like the Knights.

Vegas Knights have been in the league for a whopping three years. 2 division championships and 1 conference championship. They are a better club than the spoon fed Edmonton Oilers who have been getting first rounders over and over..

So tell me, why would a player be scared to go to an expansion club?

Last edited by 1899b; 08-09-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:

How did the Oil get the better deal? Let's talk Talbot and Smith alone? Keep Neal and Lucic out of this.

Smith- Game one! He single handily lost it for the team.
Talbot - Stellar play getting the Flames into the playoffs....
Old 08-09-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
How did the Oil get the better deal? Let's talk Talbot and Smith alone? Keep Neal and Lucic out of this.

Smith- Game one! He single handily lost it for the team.
Talbot - Stellar play getting the Flames into the playoffs....
And I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith announces his retirement this summer.
Talbot still has 3-4 years left in him...
Old 08-09-2020, 01:33 PM

Looch sucks. Neals better.
Smith sucks. Talbots better.
Oilers probably would of been just as happy with Johnny no show as long as they got out of the looch contract. However Neal is more valuable than gadreau is. By far.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I think with Seattle coming, a lot of players will be nervous that they are up for grabs.
It's the opposite in Oil Town!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Looch sucks. Neals better.
Smith sucks. Talbots better.
Oilers probably would of been just as happy with Johnny no show as long as they got out of the looch contract. However Neal is more valuable than gadreau is. By far.
Maybe true, but Neal was trash in the dressing room. Lucic provides a kind of leadership that players like Neal will never have.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Maybe true, but Neal was trash in the dressing room. Lucic provides a kind of leadership that players like Neal will never have.
How do you know? You’ve been in both dressing rooms? Or hear say from a Facebook hockey group?....
This is fact?
Old 08-09-2020, 08:14 PM

I get a kick out of flamers talking down on how Neal performed this series compared to looch. (Basically same).
Yet that 4th line plug has as many points as Calgary’s top super star.....head scratcher.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
How do you know? You’ve been in both dressing rooms? Or hear say from a Facebook hockey group?....
This is fact?
I personally know some of the current & former training staff as I too am in that industry in a different capacity. They didn't say 'trash' specifically, that's my word - they simply shared observational stories that would lead someone to believe he wasn't the greatest team mate. That's all really. I'm yet to hear anything negative regarding Lucic, so that's all I have to go by. Simple as that really.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
I personally know some of the current & former training staff as I too am in that industry in a different capacity. They didn't say 'trash' specifically, that's my word - they simply shared observational stories that would lead someone to believe he wasn't the greatest team mate. That's all really. I'm yet to hear anything negative regarding Lucic, so that's all I have to go by. Simple as that really.
Well then it seems like a fair trade. Ones a cancer in the dressing room, the other on the ice.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Well then it seems like a fair trade. Ones a cancer in the dressing room, the other on the ice.
Yup. Said before both these guys are way overrated and make a ton of money. Just average players and this is one of the problems with this league.
Must say Calgary Dallas is going to be good.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Fail thread of 2020?
Certainly not! For educational purposes only. Poor misguided Oilers fans need some perspective.

Hockey gurus say whoever gets the best player wins the trade, albeit metered slightly in a salary-cap era. Neal can't get it done with maybe 2 of the Top 5 talent on the front end, Looch gets them another round with Johnny & Mony, for Pete's sake.

You capital city boys miss the part about the 3rd rounder?? And who just a few of them were?? I think something like 30% of all 3rd round picks play steady minutes in the show, or hey the pick can be used to sweeten a deal to rid oneself of an undesirable contract. You know...........
Old 08-09-2020, 10:57 PM

Oilers fans got nothing left to cheer for, except maybe another first pick that can be ruined.....and you know the saying. Misery loves company. So they need to take any opportunity to absolutely prove that by any reasonable metric (besides results in the last 30 years)....they are the best team in this solar system.

Next we will be talking about Gretzky and Messier and Anderson and Fuhr and Kurri and Lowe and all the other guys from back when Moses parted the Red Sea. Dynasty.

Fly at er boys. How could it be any other way, with McDavid, and Drai....and Eberle and Hall and RNH and Yakupov and Nurse and all the other talent that has been (and gone) in the last decade..So many I can't remember them all....phew. What a team.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 08-09-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Certainly not! For educational purposes only. Poor misguided Oilers fans need some perspective.

Hockey gurus say whoever gets the best player wins the trade, albeit metered slightly in a salary-cap era. Neal can't get it done with maybe 2 of the Top 5 talent on the front end, Looch gets them another round with Johnny & Mony, for Pete's sake.

You capital city boys miss the part about the 3rd rounder?? And who just a few of them were?? I think something like 30% of all 3rd round picks play steady minutes in the show, or hey the pick can be used to sweeten a deal to rid oneself of an undesirable contract. You know...........
Yes the third rounder part......where if Neal is too good, flames get a 3rd rounder.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yes the third rounder part......where if Neal is too good, flames get a 3rd rounder.
NHL already declared the pick goes to Calgary. And today Neal & Lucic regular season means squat.

The contract discussion in Calgary is now moot, Looch getting them another 4 games minimum pays all his costs plus some more. Neal earns his paycheck how ??
Old 08-09-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
NHL already declared the pick goes to Calgary. And today Neal & Lucic regular season means squat.

The contract discussion in Calgary is now moot, Looch getting them another 4 games minimum pays all his costs plus some more. Neal earns his paycheck how ??
Flames get pick because Neal was too good.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Oilers fans got nothing left to cheer for, except maybe another first pick that can be ruined.....and you know the saying. Misery loves company. So they need to take any opportunity to absolutely prove that by any reasonable metric (besides results in the last 30 years)....they are the best team in this solar system.

Next we will be talking about Gretzky and Messier and Anderson and Fuhr and Kurri and Lowe and all the other guys from back when Moses parted the Red Sea. Dynasty.

Fly at er boys. How could it be any other way, with McDavid, and Drai....and Eberle and Hall and RNH and Yakupov and Nurse and all the other talent that has been (and gone) in the last decade..So many I can't remember them all....phew. What a team.
Yup and we expect the Flames fans to be joining us shortly as usual.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.