Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2024, 06:30 PM

More, and much much much farther north.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:43 PM

We need Joe Arapaio “Tent City” facilities

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...io-immigration
Old 04-21-2024, 08:44 PM

I think there would be bus loads of lawyers and social activists arguing that we have to many.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Going back in the English legal system. It started that death was the sentence for all crime, no thought of rehabilitation. After a while, they tried "transportation" that's how Australia got its first population and then we got jails which were supposed to rehabilitate criminals.

I hear from our experts that they don't work, BTW our expertise for the forensic mentally ill is not very good either.

So going forward, what should be the plan? We have heard capital punishment for all crimes the people supporting the idea aren't accused of. Work camps have also got some supporters.

Sending them back where they came from, this was a popular idea after the first Irish immigration around 1900.

The Muslims cut the hands off of thieves, usually children I'm told to discourage the behaviour.

It seems to me that after thousands of years of "Thou shall not steal", "Thou shall not kill" we haven't got very far.

Attempt's to make crime less profitable, has there been any success there?

I hate to think that capital punishment is the best that we can do to fight crime. It didn't work either, and killed some innocent people.

I appreciate the answers from those who work in the field.
I believe we overcome evil with good. But we can't live with heroin, fentanyl,meth addict's.
Do we allow them to spread the drugs to more and more people? At some point if we keep giving them money and allow them to steel are we not just enabling them?
If we export them or keep them away then they are not destroying our lives and spreading the misery.
Free needles and legalized drugs just have made it worse.
It used to be years ago that police would kind of create ghettos. Example you stay on this side of railroad tracks and we will not arrest you. This seems better than therm living amongst us but now the woke cops are more likely to arrest or ticket you than a bad guy.
What is your solution?
Old 04-22-2024, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
I think there would be bus loads of lawyers and social activists arguing that we have to many.
Better yet, build them in the communities where lawyers & “activists” live.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:52 AM

Stop administering Narcan for a start

That will start to thin them out
Old 04-22-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
but now the woke cops are more likely to arrest or ticket you than a bad guy.
What is your solution?
Why would they ticket someone that's not going to pay anyways?
Old 04-22-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Make all drugs free.
Same people are gonna be addicts anyway.
Only now crime is cut down a huge percentage because there will be no dealers and addicts don’t have to steal and rob to get their fix.
Save billions.
BILLIONS
Have you seen the videos from Portland? Free dope might stop them from stealing, maybe, if you give them free everything else too. Like a mansion, 4x4 trucks, food and clothing, tropical holidays.

Google those Portland street videos, I'm sure there is lots of this in Canada too. Those people are zombies, and you know what zombies are like.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Have you seen the videos from Portland? Free dope might stop them from stealing, maybe, if you give them free everything else too. Like a mansion, 4x4 trucks, food and clothing, tropical holidays.

Google those Portland street videos, I'm sure there is lots of this in Canada too. Those people are zombies, and you know what zombies are like.
Portland isn’t free dope. It’s decriminalized dope. Still gotta steal and rob to get it in Portland.
Even an hour north of you has the zombies.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Save billions.
BILLIONS
Yes, and those billions can be used for free sex change surgeries or if they are already free I'm sure the government will find a way to use them on something useful or even better: give them to some foreign country.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Make all drugs free.
Nothing is free. Not even the air that we breath.

I want free beer.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Those bums and druggies live a dozen in a shack now, bunk beds, 4 per cell, stack them up like cord wood, if the kill each other oh well less expense to the tax payer.
Exactly! Make prison a deterrent. And bring back capital punishment, it's a proven fact that executed criminals don't reoffend.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Those bums and druggies live a dozen in a shack now, bunk beds, 4 per cell, stack them up like cord wood, if the kill each other oh well less expense to the tax payer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly! Make prison a deterrent. And bring back capital punishment, it's a proven fact that executed criminals don't reoffend.

More prison space is needed as are mental institutions, because some people cannot ever be rehabilitated or integrated into society. They should be locked up and looked after in a proper facility instead of left on the streets to die or for the general public to look after.

Unfortunately it's not just bums and druggies. Plenty of other hardcore prolific offenders that rape, assault, kill, steal, molest............... that are in and back out in short order, often not even remanded in custody. Many of the addicts/criminals are in and out so quickly that the system doesn't even have a chance to try out any sort of rehabilitation.

The revolving door needs to stop, lawmakers/judges/defense lawyers need to steer far away from the current path that is constantly saying "they weren't responsible for their actions". B.S. they were responsible, they did it and nobody else did hence there should be real consequences.

No more Gladue principles for prolific dangerous offenders either, that excuse is getting old too and it has encouraged the system to become complacent and lazy. It has done absolutely nothing to curtail the number of crimes committed by indigenous people. If nothing else it's caused a significant increase in the number of prolific indigenous criminals, they have no reason to respect or fear the law anymore.

Drug traffickers here should receive the same treatment that they do in Singapore. Right on the entry Visa is stamped "Warning, Death for Drug Traffickers Under Singapore Law", I was okay with that. That should go for the lying pharmaceutical companies executives, over-prescribing physicians or criminal pharmacists too.