Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2018, 08:25 PM

Default Baby it's cold outside

Have a quick google search of the offensive lyrics of most Rap "music" then explain to me why this song is all of a sudden so evil, it is being banned from radio playlists.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Political sway to get the snowflakes milennials potheads and SJW's to stop thinking about whats actually wrong with the country and give them a little victory. "we won they won't play it, yaaaaaaaayyyyy"

Idiots.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-09-2018, 08:44 PM

No kidding. The wife and I were just discussing this. If I could I’d turn back time to pre 1980. The stupidity factor is totally out of control.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:16 PM

Never really liked the song anyways, the lyrics are a little off but compared to many other songs it’s looking good. The main throng that bugs me about this song is people keep calling it a Christmas classic when it in no way mentions Christmas, the holidays, baby Jesus etc... it’s not a Christmas song!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:38 PM

I always figured the lyrics sounded a little rape-y but I just chock it up to the times when it was written. Kinda like Money For Nothing or Brown Sugar. Just treat it like a museum piece, not a statement of modern opinions.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Because a squeaky wheel squeeeeeeked and the powers that be listened

Baby it's cold outside

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Banned

Default Songs

What about the song Gramma got run over by a reindeer
These people hard to take
Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
Never really liked the song anyways, the lyrics are a little off but compared to many other songs it’s looking good. The main throng that bugs me about this song is people keep calling it a Christmas classic when it in no way mentions Christmas, the holidays, baby Jesus etc... it’s not a Christmas song!
My thoughts, exactly. Why is it a "christmas song"?

And, musically, it's kind of boring and lame.

Never liked it. Don't care if it's banned, or why.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Banned

Banning things you find offensive is fascism by way of cultural Marxism.

That said my entire life i cannot stand Christmas music, it's like torture having to listen that nauseating crap everywhere you go for a month...the religious aspect has nothing to do with my feelings, it's just bad music.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:28 AM

It is no more a song of rape than an act of you persuading your girl friend or wife to have sex. Op is right about the double standard thing for sure. There is way worse songs in rap/hiphop talking about "running trains" on women and countless other things. There are songs playing on the radio today singing about girls putting up with abusive boyfriends and that is ok. Songs about killing people too, that's ok. Baby it's cold outside, not ok.

The radio station company can play what they want though. I guess I just won't listen.

Definitely a distraction tactic. What's worse the fact that is a distraction from Trudeau signing the un migration compact or the fact that corporations are essentialy controlling our eyes and borderline censoring what we here and see.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
I always figured the lyrics sounded a little rape-y but I just chock it up to the times when it was written. Kinda like Money For Nothing or Brown Sugar. Just treat it like a museum piece, not a statement of modern opinions.

One has to listen to the song in the context of the time in which it was written, it’s pretty far from ‘rapey’. Back then societal expectations were different and a lady couldn’t just be over at a fellows place, kind of a ‘sharia lite’ type of behaviour was expected. The whole song is the guy trying to get her to stay of course, but it’s also her trying to express some plausible deniability, a ‘get out of public scorn free’ card. The line ‘what’s in this drink’ was a running gag at the time, it wasn’t about where a Bill Cosby type preps a woman a beverage with a quaalude or rohypnol (neither even existed yet). It could even allude to the drink being nothing but ginger ale and the line was an excuse to drop the inhibitions that she doesn’t want to have, remember that ‘good girls’ of the time did not have libido’s. The whole song can be summed up in “Stop it, stop it, I love it!”

Much ado about nothing. Of course it’s not a Christmas tune but many aren’t in the most traditional sense anyways. Flying reindeer and Santa have got nothing to do with a story about a kid being born in a manger to a ‘virgin’. Sounds like she might have had to sing the same song to maintain her honour....

Last edited by CaberTosser; 12-10-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panko View Post
Violence on Seniors is still socially acceptable. I'm offended.

Grizz
Old 12-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Or the RODEO SONG,,,, got a heater in my truck and I don't give a xxxx , and I'm off to the Rideo !
Old 12-10-2018, 09:34 AM

I wonder what the Snow flakes think of this tune by Steppenwolf:
God damn, the pusher
God damn, I say the pusher
I said God damn, God damn the pusher man
Well, now if I were president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on the pusher man
I'd cut if he stands,
And I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes, I'd kill him with my Bible
And my razor and my gun...

God Dam, the pusher man.

Seasons Greetings !
Rob
Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 AM

food for thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGWsNPfZWx4
Old 12-10-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Ooh, Treeguy needs a haircut! And a nap.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 AM

I think Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer should be banned, because it's about 'booleying', and nobody can deny 'White Christmas' is racist! "May all your Christmases be white!".
Really?
I'm not even going to touch "Here Comes Santa Claus!"
Old 12-10-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
I think Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer should be banned, because it's about 'booleying', and nobody can deny 'White Christmas' is racist! "May all your Christmases be white!".
Really?
I'm not even going to touch "Here Comes Santa Claus!"

Rudolph finally overcame the bullying when someone showed him acceptance and embraced his unique quality. It starts off with bullying but ends better.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Hit the OFF button if you do not like it.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Rudolph finally overcame the bullying when someone showed him acceptance and embraced his unique quality. It starts off with bullying but ends better.
Well, that's true. Maybe if they'd given that lady in "Baby it's Cold Outside" an opportunity to show her unique talents people would be more understanding.

With all the 'unique talents' you can see on prime time TV nowadays (for which they'd have burned down theatres 40 years ago) you'd think the do-gooders would be a little more lenient with the really old song lyrics.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:52 PM

Some timely comic strips.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
However the only liked him because they could directly benefit from his uniqueness...
Old 12-10-2018, 08:03 PM

Default Really??

So these idjits got to go back 75 years or so and be offended by a radio song?? Maybe they have not heard the last 20 year of crap o the airwaves!!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
What about "The Rodeo Song" ??????
Old 12-10-2018, 08:12 PM

The bugger about all the attention this song is getting is that its been a constant earworm for me for about 3 or 4 days now......
Old 12-10-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
One has to listen to the song in the context of the time in which it was written, it’s pretty far from ‘rapey’. Back then societal expectations were different and a lady couldn’t just be over at a fellows place, kind of a ‘sharia lite’ type of behaviour was expected. The whole song is the guy trying to get her to stay of course, but it’s also her trying to express some plausible deniability, a ‘get out of public scorn free’ card. The line ‘what’s in this drink’ was a running gag at the time, it wasn’t about where a Bill Cosby type preps a woman a beverage with a quaalude or rohypnol (neither even existed yet). It could even allude to the drink being nothing but ginger ale and the line was an excuse to drop the inhibitions that she doesn’t want to have, remember that ‘good girls’ of the time did not have libido’s. The whole song can be summed up in “Stop it, stop it, I love it!”

Much ado about nothing. Of course it’s not a Christmas tune but many aren’t in the most traditional sense anyways. Flying reindeer and Santa have got nothing to do with a story about a kid being born in a manger to a ‘virgin’. Sounds like she might have had to sing the same song to maintain her honour....
That's what I was trying to say. Back then "no" didn't mean "no", just try a little harder she must be playing hard to get. Taken in a modern context however, those lyrics wouldn't fly outside of a rap song.

I get the feeling it wasn't even some SJW making a stink but somebody at a radio station trying to be proactive and pre-empt the SJWs. I don't recall hearing about anybody being offended, just that radio stations up and started banning it.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Political sway to get the snowflakes milennials potheads and SJW's to stop thinking about whats actually wrong with the country and give them a little victory. "we won they won't play it, yaaaaaaaayyyyy"

Idiots.
"Potheads" don't care about social justice issues. They generally just do their thing and wanna be left alone. I guarantee 10 out of 10 smokers could care less about that song.

Nice of you to be inclusive though.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:54 PM

Somehow the progressive 21st century version doesn't have the same ring to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJB9GP5gyAw
Old 12-11-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
Hit the OFF button if you do not like it.
Yup,or change the station/channel but nope we are going to ban it....

Snowflakes.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Some timely comic strips.

Thx...I actually laughed after the flag upside down crap....thx.