Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2018, 11:49 AM

Default Anyone in Calgary have a fresh fish guy?

Just looking for a good connection for some fresh fish and seafood. We used to have a local neuf with good connections but he moved back to the rock a few years ago now.

Anyone have a guy that delivers fresh fish in Calgary? I talked with City Fish but they require a pretty big order each time.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM

Try Billingsgate Seafood Market. I shopped there often when I lived there.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-14-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Try Billingsgate Seafood Market. I shopped there often when I lived there.
They are down to a stall at the Crossroads market now. A few other seafood markets in town. The only guy I know that delivers has frozen product only and it's pricey!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:25 PM

Default Fish Monger

There is a fish truck that hits the small rural towns and farmers markets around Calgary, I think they are from NFLD, I will get you a name next time I see him.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
They are down to a stall at the Crossroads market now. A few other seafood markets in town. The only guy I know that delivers has frozen product only and it's pricey!
Really? Well, it's been probably 5 years or more since I stopped in...kind of too bad.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-14-2018, 05:46 PM

lobster mobster on face book
Old 06-14-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Really? Well, it's been probably 5 years or more since I stopped in...kind of too bad.
There was a fire in the complex they were in a few years back.

I believe North Sea Fish will deliver as well, but it will likely be a $200-250 min order. They do have a retail market in Willowpark.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:06 AM

North Sea Seafood company
Old 06-15-2018, 09:26 AM

You could try Plunkett.
http://marketseafood.ca/about/
Negotiating delivery could be an option if you make it worth their while, But you did mention that you found the minimums at City Fish too high. Back in the day David at City Fish used to deliver to us at midnight in an emergency. Richard at North Sea also went out of his way.
So it is hard to tell from your post how many tons of fish you require. and why delivery is important to you
Old 06-16-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresrod View Post
Absolutely
Old 06-16-2018, 01:09 PM

There is a fresh sea food place in Willow Park mall in the SE. A little pricey but everything is fresh.
JH
Old 06-16-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
There is a fresh sea food place in Willow Park mall in the SE. A little pricey but everything is fresh.
JH
That would be North Sea Fish that a few have mentioned. I drove past it this morning and popped open the thread to mention it but here it has already been noted. It's adjacent the Willow Park liquor store
Old 06-16-2018, 03:37 PM

Default Anyone in calgary

I tried Mobster Lobster. They had a food truck, and I found them to be a huge rip off!
Old 06-18-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
There is a fish truck that hits the small rural towns and farmers markets around Calgary, I think they are from NFLD, I will get you a name next time I see him.
Thanks you....this is pretty much what I'm looking for
Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry View Post
JH
Ya, I've tried North Sea and Billingsgate....both good but just too pricey to hit regularily. I'll check out the lobster mobster and see if hes reasonable.

Just thought I'd get lucky and find a guy who makes trips to the coast and sells his salmon, halibut, crab, shrimp etc....maybe even the odd bit of tuna ....but maybe I'm just dreaming hahaha

I'm married to a bluenoser who's a real fish snob.....when they grew up in Nova Scotia they didn't just have a 'fish guy' had a 'guy' for every species of aquatic treats. Meanwhile in Alberta, I was pumped when Mom bought the 'good' fish sticks that actually resembled fish
Old 06-18-2018, 11:10 AM

After living alot of my life on vancouver island the seafood is one thing i could never give up lol. Port albernie has a dock market that will catch and ship, on request the day of. Pending if season is open.
They ship it to sobeys last year i got 5 sockeyes whole for 63$ and a 51 pound hali for 165$ all packed on ice and fresh
I will post number and contact when im home.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:15 PM

Plunkett owned the North Sea one at Willow Park if I recall correctly. He sold it and opened Blu's by the Brick off Macleod. He then sold that one before opening up at the Farmers Market. He just expanded his offerings there. Maybe getting ready for another sale!

I usually go to Boyd's because it's close. None of them are cheap.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somehunter View Post
After living alot of my life on vancouver island the seafood is one thing i could never give up lol. Port albernie has a dock market that will catch and ship, on request the day of. Pending if season is open.
They ship it to sobeys last year i got 5 sockeyes whole for 63$ and a 51 pound hali for 165$ all packed on ice and fresh
I will post number and contact when im home.
YES....please do...thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Huntnfish View Post
Ya, I've tried North Sea and Billingsgate....both good but just too pricey to hit regularily. I'll check out the lobster mobster and see if hes reasonable.

Just thought I'd get lucky and find a guy who makes trips to the coast and sells his salmon, halibut, crab, shrimp etc....maybe even the odd bit of tuna ....but maybe I'm just dreaming hahaha

I'm married to a bluenoser who's a real fish snob.....when they grew up in Nova Scotia they didn't just have a 'fish guy' had a 'guy' for every species of aquatic treats. Meanwhile in Alberta, I was pumped when Mom bought the 'good' fish sticks that actually resembled fish
I got a guy that comes out from NB and brings me lobster, only problem is that its my step Dad and only makes it west a couple of times per decade. haha
Old 06-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresrod View Post
X2

Look them up, located in Brooks but they do a southern AB circuit. As fresh as ive ever had on the prairies. Ive had plenty of lobster from them that's been caught, flown out and eaten in the same day.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:37 PM

Default Fresh Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Huntnfish View Post
Just looking for a good connection for some fresh fish and seafood. We used to have a local neuf with good connections but he moved back to the rock a few years ago now.

Anyone have a guy that delivers fresh fish in Calgary? I talked with City Fish but they require a pretty big order each time.
Try Kingfisher seafood. Used to deliver in Calgary. Don,t know if they still do. Worth a try