Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I just finished sending a couple letter. One was to the News. More people need to know about this.
First they need to know... why are you mounting that cat from behind...
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Banned

I had 2 thanksgiving dinners to attend this weekend (really put a damper on my moose hunting plans ), nobody from either dinner party knew of the hunt. Obviously it's a silent plan to make a precedent for future benefit plans.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 AM

For most Canadians, if it isn't reported by CBC - it didn't happen.

and surprise, surprise, CBC isn't covering it.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:07 PM

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'd say the writings on the wall for bigger things to come. Unregulated hunting may soon supersede regulated hunting on crown land and things like the moose draws on crown land may be a thing off the past . Organizations like the A.F&G A. and the ABA may want to start stepping up to protect our hunting rights and traditions.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'd say the writings on the wall for bigger things to come. Unregulated hunting may soon supersede regulated hunting on crown land and things like the moose draws on crown land may be a thing off the past . Organizations like the A.F&G A. and the ABA may want to start stepping up to protect our hunting rights and traditions.

They cant even take a stand on preventing paid access from companies like CLAS that provide paid hunting access. If they cant take this easier task on then why would anyone expect them to take on more complicated scenarios.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy21 View Post
They cant even take a stand on preventing paid access from companies like CLAS that provide paid hunting access. If they cant take this easier task on then why would anyone expect them to take on more complicated scenarios.
Someone has to step up especially with JT at the helm.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Gone Hunting

So with this disasterous plains elk deal we were forced to watch, and its now near subsequent demise, will this parks deal now mean that all "native" attention will shift away from the disgustingly AEP ignored, unregulated poaching that our plains based mule deer and pronghorn recieved at the hands of these "native" wildlife abusers/terrorists?

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-11-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
So with this disasterous plains elk deal we were forced to watch, and its now near subsequent demise, will this parks deal now mean that all "native" attention will shift away from the disgustingly AEP ignored, unregulated poaching that our plains based mule deer and pronghorn recieved at the hands of these "native" wildlife abusers/terrorists?
Ya dreaming again pack? hehehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-11-2017, 06:48 AM

It makes me wonder if this is just a red herring for bigger things to come. Years back I was told of huge land claims that were being filed for large tracts of crowned land in the caribou zones.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:59 AM

As a tax paying 40 yr old(European decent )Canadian male it should be my right to hunt in Canada national lands even though i live in Sask.
just kidding im not going out there, though it would be nice.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It makes me wonder if this is just a red herring for bigger things to come. Years back I was told of huge land claims that were being filed for large tracts of crowned land in the caribou zones.
A few years back the two levels of Gov quietly negotiated and expanded the Calling Lake Reserve. Land and cash I believe. Never heard a peep until signs started showing up where they never were before saying your approaching reserve lands. This was in crown land and along 813. F & W officer i met out hunting quietly confirmed it was true back then.

So it don't surprise me this JNP plan was kept so quiet.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:20 AM

I haven't tuned in, but have heard that Ryan Jesperson on 630 CHED is covering the JNP hunt on his show today. Might be worth checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM

It's on 630 ched right now
Old 10-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

A fellow on another site did some digging on this issue.
What he discovered is eye opening to say the least:

"I can find no record or claim that members of the Simpcw band were forcibly removed from Jasper National Park lands.

The closest area where I can find claims of forced removal are from Tete Jaune Cache - well over 100 km west of the area they're currently hunting in JNP.

The Simpcw were not a part of the numbered treaties in the Jasper area, and so were not involved when the Federal Government extinguished aboriginal title on national park land over 100 years ago. Most claims of 'forced removal' stem from the extinguishing of treaty title - clearly this was not the case with the Simpcw.

The Stimcw have been one of the over 20 First Nations, Non-Treaty Nations, and Metis communities that participate in the long-standing Jasper Indigenous Forum. All of these 20+ entities have historical associations with Jasper National Park. Obviously, these associations overlap with each other in traditional land uses. Jasper runs almost all park issues by this forum to see if there are any concerns - as they are required to do by federal mandate.

A few years ago, with representation of the Jasper Aboriginal Forum, JNP commissioned a new Raven Totem, with Haida artists. Late in the process, the Simpcw objected, Chief Matthew said the Simpcw didn't have an issue with the Haida creating the pole, but with Parks Canada and the federal government for ignoring the Simpcw and not recognizing the cultural values their people offer the land. “To deny our presence is a misrepresentation of history." Jasper National Park Superintendent Greg Fenton said he was surprised by the announcement, as the Simpcw First Nation participated in the Aboriginal Forum and were fully aware of the Raven totem announcements during the past year. The Simpcw however, didn't feel that the Aboriginal Forum (with all the other bands) was the correct avenue, and that negotiations should have been 'nation to nation' with them alone.

I raise this event to illustrate that the Simpcw have been very persistent in establishing their claims as the premier indigenous claims to JNP lands. We can expect other bands to make the same claims and expect the same 'rights', or they risk losing their spot!
"

And so as it turns out, this aboriginal group is not even from the area, has superseded those who were in gaining access to the National Park, and did so by "negotiating nation to nation" in secret with the Trudeau government.

I mean WTF???

I'll just bet that the aboriginals that did live there once are now chomping at the proverbial bit...

Nog
Old 10-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad mountain mike View Post
It's on 630 ched right now
not able to listen in, let us know how it goes.

Nothing on Global, CTV, etc.....
Old 10-11-2017, 02:02 PM

The issue brought up was about the 'traditional' hunt. One says its horrible and against it and the next one comes out saying that it's great the First Nation people's are able to pursue their traditions in such an historic manner. Problem is that nobody said what needs to be said in that the 10 animals 'harvested' are pawns in a much bigger game.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:54 PM

A friend of mine used to a Jasper Park Ranger. He says there is bugger all evidence to support any claim that this first nations group made use of this area in the past.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
A friend of mine used to a Jasper Park Ranger. He says there is bugger all evidence to support any claim that this first nations group made use of this area in the past.
No evidence is needed in these types of situations.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
I think you must mean a Jasper Park 'Warden'. There are no 'rangers' employed by the national parks.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:40 PM

Here is CBC link

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...park-1.4350639
Old 10-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Old 10-11-2017, 08:35 PM

As far as the simqcw's go... the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
From what I hear and understand there's been a pizzing contest going on between nations as to getting in on the JNP gravy train.
The sad part...and what I interpret from this is that the group that was ousted from here and really should be here are not happy about these distant tribes that are laying claim to the land.. and their basically boycotting the whole thing.
For now anyway...
Old 10-11-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Ahh yes...... the future looks bright.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
CBC recently ran an article on the Banff hunt.

This was not just for buffalo, not just for hunting.
Don't be surprised if you come across an active native village that hasn't existed for many moons.

Our National Parks are accepting that Aboriginal people are part of the natural landscape, they are to be re-introduced just as buffalo were.

Sorry Hooter, According to Parks Canada, if you don't have a Treaty card you are Not part of Nature.
No access for you.
One thing about a buffalo is that there always on the move in order to survive,it's a full time job and they work at in steady to keep themselves alive looking for food.There's a lot to learn from this animal.They don't just walk around doing nothing.

Last edited by JD848; 10-11-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:02 AM

Here I thought that those of us born here would be First Nations.

Its the only Nation I was born in, and where I grew up,,, this must be true.

They say those of us from the Eastern European are not from the Americas, how can this be true if all the continents were joined at one time.

I'm sure my grate grate grand Pappy "Ugg" was here long before the natives came here over the ice bridge from Europe,,, hey wait a minute,,, somethings not adding up here if history tells me so.

Home folks from Africa are not the First Nations People since they were the first of the first.

Oh boy, my pumpkin hurts trying to sort this one out.

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to my little hole in the wall and try to make a go of it.

Tonight I plan on starting a movement of Second Nations of People,,, we will be responsible for everything bad and foot the bill for everything.

Hopefully we can have our own flag with a maple leaf and our national symbol will be a beaver.

Hey wait a minute,,, dam,,,, looks like another country called Canada beat us to it.

Hoo Hummm...

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Don
Old 10-12-2017, 05:52 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Here I thought that those of us born here would be First Nations.

Its the only Nation I was born in, and where I grew up,,, this must be true.

They say those of us from the Eastern European are not from the Americas, how can this be true if all the continents were joined at one time.

I'm sure my grate grate grand Pappy "Ugg" was here long before the natives came here over the ice bridge from Europe,,, hey wait a minute,,, somethings not adding up here if history tells me so.

Home folks from Africa are not the First Nations People since they were the first of the first.

Oh boy, my pumpkin hurts trying to sort this one out.

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to my little hole in the wall and try to make a go of it.

Tonight I plan on starting a movement of Second Nations of People,,, we will be responsible for everything bad and foot the bill for everything.

Hopefully we can have our own flag with a maple leaf and our national symbol will be a beaver.

Hey wait a minute,,, dam,,,, looks like another country called Canada beat us to it.

Hoo Hummm...

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Don
You got that right...wishy washy ohhhhh poor poor others...how is it that we can and have gone to other countries and put our foot down ending bs and yet we walk neck high in it on our own soil....

Here here for second, third, fourth nations....we are all Canadians equality for all...I wish but better than many other countries...eh....er I mean sorry.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-12-2017, 05:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
You got that right...wishy washy ohhhhh poor poor others...how is it that we can and have gone to other countries and put our foot down ending bs and yet we walk neck high in it on our own soil....

Here here for second, third, fourth nations....we are all Canadians equality for all...I wish but better than many other countries...eh....er I mean sorry.
We sit back and let it happen in fear of being politically incorrect or looked upon as being racist. It's how we've been trained by left brain.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

We are not equal in Canada, and we likely never will be, because it seems that everyone wants special privileges because of their race, their religion, or even the province that they live in. And of course our government uses this fact to keep us from ever uniting against their stupidity. And what else would you expect in a country whose charter of rights allows different treatment for different people?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
We sit back and let it happen in fear of being politically incorrect or looked upon as being racist. It's how we've been trained by left brain.
Couldn't have hit the nail any more square. This is exactly the problem and with more than just First Nations people hunting in JNP. The sad thing will always be the silent majority sitting by and letting these things happen. History has shown this to be true over and over again.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
Couldn't have hit the nail any more square. This is exactly the problem and with more than just First Nations people hunting in JNP. The sad thing will always be the silent majority sitting by and letting these things happen. History has shown this to be true over and over again.
And at some point, this silent majority will be the silent minority.
The one x factor I wonder about is what all these voting age new immigrants think of this. Many of them come here wanting things to be equal - so they can continue their traditions too. So I wonder what they'll think of their tax dollars going to the privileged with reckless abandon. Apologize for this apologize for that. Something we didn't do but we pay for. Apparently the only way to apologize is to give more privilege and money. The current system is broken
Closed Thread