Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Hello there. My name is Rod Heeney. I am from Winfield which is about an hour northwest of you. I too am a family man 19 and 15 year old both of which love the outdoors as much as I do. I have been interested in goose hunting but no one around here is in to it. Really looking for someone to show me the ropes. Have the gun but not much else. Not really sure what I neede till I got some help. Willing to travel on weekends and maybe occasional day trip when work allows. Look forward to hearing from you. 780 515 0414
Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Thank you Hilton, I know you always stop by around this time of year.
All the best!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 PM

I am looking for hunting partner/mentor for goose hunting. I live in Winfield(Approx 70 kms southeast of drayton valley) but I am willing to travel up to 3 hrs. I have lots of big game experience both gun and bow but I have never goose hunted. I used to go with a grandparent as a young boy but just never have had the chance to go out and try on my own. I have a 12 guage (3") but not much else for water fowl. I am a quick learner and am dying for the chance to try this and get to meet some fellow hunters as well. Either PM me or call me at 780 515 0414
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM

Default sat 17th

I'm heading out to either 330 or 339 on Saturday, probably 330. If anyone is in the area and wants to team up that'd be great. I usually hunt alone, but wouldn't mind some company this time. Looking for whitetail and grouse (with a 22). I'm late 40's, and in ok shape - planning to do some walking - cut lines and blocks, and some sitting in iikely spots. I try to be a safe and ethical hunter. PM me if you're interested.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Default Hunting Partner Near Calgary anyone?

Hi everyone,
i am relatively new to hunting in Alberta, currently living in Calgary. I was wondering if anyone could use a hunting partner? I am just hunting with general tags this year as i was not succesful in the draws this year. Let me know if anyone is interested. You can pm if you want. Thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 10:25 PM

hey everyone well im new to hunting alone and dont like the idea this will be my first year after my dad passed away and am looking to team up with someone i have
mule deer buck
white tail buck
black bear
and 2 doe tags

all for rifle season
would like to find a buddy to shoot my first bear with and well show me around i live in calgary and love to go shooting every weekend
Old 09-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Does anybody know anything about zone 347.

Last edited by MacDonald; 09-20-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Changing message
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 PM

Default help

hey yall i need help. im just starting out hunting and i dont have anyone to go with. i am 28 years old and have a wife with two kids but the wife don't hunt just likes to cook it. im not the one that looks at hunting as a get away to drink and party. i look at it as a way to feed my famliy and enjoy the outdoors. well i live out side stony plain ab and would like to go hunting for elk and deer around Grand Cache. if there is anyone interested in helping me with the ropes of hunting you can please e-mail me at cowboy7777@live.ca and we can do coffee and talk more.
Thanks
Ryan
Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 AM

Hey everyone,

I am looking for someone willing to take me out hunting or shooting in the south edmonton area. I don't have much time to get out and scout or search for permission as I'm a full time student taking corrections and Working part time as a loss prevention officer. I have been hunting for a year, and Loved every minute of it.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could take me out even to shoot at gophers. **I am not looking to steal one's honey hole. I know how hard they are to come by, and I'm just looking to get out of the house. I'd be perfectly okay just coming with and not shooting at anything.

I'll buy beer as well.

Cheers,

-Jeff
Old 09-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Default Hunting permission

I know its a lot to ask but new to the Camrose area, and would like to take my son ( 8 years old) out on a hunting trip. He would not be shooting but is really excited to go out for his first time. It would be much appreciated if anyone would be interested in allowing myself and my son to go hunting on their land. I would only be bringing my son with me and can fill out a sheet with my name , phone number, truck make and plate if that helps any of the landowners.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Default Hunting partner

I am also looking for hunting partners or if anyone knows any good hunting places for big game please let me know know.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 AM

Default New to Calgary love Hunting

Hi
I am new to Calgary , love to hunt but I do not know from where to start , how to get the permission and how to buy the gun , would like to go out with experts , appreciate if someone contact me for advice
Thanks
Dayaaf@yahoo.com
Old 09-27-2010, 10:11 AM

Default If you ask for help! Do you get it?

I guess im not the only person who is new to Alberta and would appreciate a little help. I've been in Alberta for over 2 years and have tried several times to gain some information on where to hunt besides the silly wmu maps that AB Gov distributes with the reg's with no luck. People have the tendancy to apply personal goals and accomplishments in the manner of ( bragging if you will ) to this forum and little to the manner of helping their fellow outdoorsmen. There are a few honest men on here who do help but finding them is difficult; so i've found. I understand that crown land is hard to come by in southern Alberta and for those who know particular areas they do not want to give that information away but in the world we live in theres no time for greed or anything of the sort. More people need to have some compassion or understanding for those who truly want to hunt by the law and just get outdoors and have a great time. If you want to get on this forum and talk about I killed this look how big it is or look at my whatever then go ahead but please taker time and put yourself in others shoes and lend a hand. I hope everybody has a good hunitng season and enjoys what has been given to us.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:33 PM

Default hunting partner

Well rifle season is here . And my wife doesn't like me going hunting by myself . So Iam looking fro somebody to go hunting with on one day hunts or weekend hunts. I have a trailer for weekend trips so if anybody is intrested give me a shout.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 PM

Default Very NEW hunter in need of help

hay fellas im from south korea and new to whole hunting part
i have pal and own a few hunting rifle and looking to make a friend
also looking for some one to guide myself to right derection about
cayote hunting i live in edmonton riverband area thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 PM

thurs oct 14 to thurs oct 21 ill be heading twrds gran cache and so far im going alone im north of edm have quads truck trailer and all the gear i just need a partner who is willing to go for 6 days for elk and deer and maybe pitch in for fuel an food . will build camp and not want to go home if the weather gets rough. if your interested pm me.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Bird Hunting

Hi Everyone.

I am relatively new to bird hunting in Alberta. Was hoping to do some waterfowl hunting and game bird hunting after work near the calgary area. Anyone interested?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Father/young son hunting Partner

I am a family man (47) looking for a responsible ( I am a lawyer) similar type of individual who has a son/daughter similar to my son's age, 8, to go hunting with on the occasional Saturdays and/ or Sundays. My son enjoys shooting our 410 at hanging clays, under strict supervision. I am very busy with work and personal life and am simply looking to meet one or two like minded indiviuduals in like circumstances with similar values to hunt with in the field.

I have hunted since I was young (though I am just getting back into it as my son is now old enough to attend with me in the field) and I am very experienced with waterfowl and upland game hunting which is my principal focus although I have hunted big game in the past.

I prefer a hunting partner who has alot of experience in the field and with firearms and knows safety very well and has a lot of common sense. I am simply not interested in training someone, and as I say, proper field safety of the hunters and youth including the use (carrying it in the field, unloading, checking it, storage of ammunition, placement of the shooters etc.) of the shotgun is critical; first and foremost. I have zero tolerance for the misuse of a firearm under any circumstances in the field or anywhere and that's the way I am teaching my son.

If my standards sound too high; then I am not for you.

I have over 150 geese and duck decoys, vehicle, and access to land south of Calgary.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:54 PM

hey guys i live in peace river with a billet family who are not big hunters just looking for someone who knows the area and can help me out. i am only 17 but have been hunting for 3 years now so i know a lil about what i am doing.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Default Hunting partner

Hey everyone I'm a responsible 30 year old living in Edmonton looking to do some goose hunting in the next few weeks. I have a very flexible work schedule that permits me to hunt during the week and weekends as well. I haunt hunted geese since I was very young and would love to get back into it. I don't have decoys or anything but I have a truck and trailer and don't mind driving and pitching in to setup or whatever needs to be done to help out so if you need someone to go hunting with you let me know.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Default Looking for mentor

Hi all,

I am new to hunting, and am looking for someone in the Calgary area whom is willing to teach and mentor. I am interested in deer hunts this season, and general license as I did not get into any draws.

I am a responsible 31 year old, self employed professional, which leaves some scheduling flexibility for my hunting/range activities.

I have my hunter education course completed, my PAL, and own my own rifle with the scoped dialed in and ready to roll.
I also have my own truck, and am willing to drive some distance to hunt, and am not looking to take anyone's "honey-spot".

Please PM me if you are willing to bring me along.

Todd.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi guys. I can get somebody to duck hunting tomorrow morning. 1 hour from Calgary NW. PM me if you like to go.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default senior

any seniors in calgary who smoke in the truck want to head out for a day with another smokin senior.
Birds for now , deer and elk after the 1st , pm if interested , 50/50 on the gas.
Have quad.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:26 AM

I am an older guy looking to partner up with someone(s) wanting to do some duck hunting.

I have some gear and a couple of spots in mind but am really looking for someone to come with me to find some new duck hunting spots.

I usually hunt weekends but with family commitments not every weekend.

I also hunt upland and sometimes deer but they are not my main focus.

I am in Calgary.

Richard
Old 10-16-2010, 01:48 AM

Default Bowhunter in WMU 248

Hey all,
I am fairly new to bowhunting but love it. I have a 3 year old so its tough to get out for long trips. I live North of Edmonton about 15 minutes looking for someone to hunt the Edmonton Bowzone with. I have a ground blind a pickup and a small 2 wheel drive quad. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out.

thanks
Steve
Old 10-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Hi Richard,

I have been searching all areas around Calgary for Ducks. I'd be interested in going out to check new spots or known places for ducks/geese.

Mark
Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Hello guys/ gals, I have been exposed to excellent pheasant hunting in North and South Dakota, and have hunted in Brooks and down in Vulcan. Sadly, I no longer have a hunting dog which makes this kind of hunt very difficult. I can run but not that fast ...<hee...hee...>. Anyhoo, I would like to try my hand at upland game bird hunting once again, but would like to tag along with someone who has a hunting hound - any takers?

Donna F.
Calgary, AB
Old 10-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Anyone hunting in the WMU 234 area tomorrow for the last couple days of primitive season?? Hunting muzzloader and looking at filling a few supplementals.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Default whitetail for waterfowl?

im willing to show someone the ropes on deer hunting,if your willing to teach me about waterfowl hunting.if 420 is your favorite # and you hate liberal scum we will get along just fine.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 AM

Default 25 year old red deer man looking for a hunting partner

Like the title says. Have land out between breton and winfield and a field or two by rimbey. Looking for a partner as i ahte hunting by myself. Not looking for a party type hunter but willing to help out a newer hunter. I've been hunting since i was 12 but still consider myself green(you can never stop learning). Hoping to meet osmeone from central alberta who also has some permission so we dont have to hunt the same fields all the time. message me.