Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Shooting Xs

Default Guns turned out to be not so scary...Liberal MP Marco Mendicino

Political Blind Date series on TVO deals with Gun debate on C-71 with MP Glen Motz and MP Marco Medicino.

First part of this was done in MP Motz's riding at The Medicine Hat Rifle and Revolver Club,second part in MP Medicino's riding in Toronto.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/201...star_web_ymbii
Old 02-20-2019, 04:14 AM

Pretty neat to see they both desire to get away from the political rhetoric. Marco even alludes to how respectful the gun owners he talked to were.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-20-2019, 06:10 AM

Default hearts and minds

That's the way to do it.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:14 AM

This article differs from another I read of the same event. Mendicino refused to even so much as touch a firearm during the education session, indicating his rabid fear of an inanimate object. It’s not as though firearms are made of carfentanyl for Pete’s sake. Another probability is that he was mortified about being photographed holding one, fearing what that would mean to his current supporters who have the same compulsive phobia about firearms that he does if the photos were published. In or out of context, it wouldn’t really matter to these people of they saw him holding a rifle, shotgun or pistol.

His constant changing the subject to basketball was also rather bizarre. Sure, maybe mention it once for lighthearted humour, but try to stay on the topic at hand. The guy is slippery, he reminds me of how Trudeau will babble on when asked a specific question about the economy and completely change lanes to talk about diversity and insinuate that others are racists or misogynists, etc.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
This article differs from another I read of the same event. Mendicino refused to even so much as touch a firearm during the education session, indicating his rabid fear of an inanimate object. It’s not as though firearms are made of carfentanyl for Pete’s sake. Another probability is that he was mortified about being photographed holding one, fearing what that would mean to his current supporters who have the same compulsive phobia about firearms that he does if the photos were published. In or out of context, it wouldn’t really matter to these people of they saw him holding a rifle, shotgun or pistol.

His constant changing the subject to basketball was also rather bizarre. Sure, maybe mention it once for lighthearted humour, but try to stay on the topic at hand. The guy is slippery, he reminds me of how Trudeau will babble on when asked a specific question about the economy and completely change lanes to talk about diversity and insinuate that others are racists or misogynists, etc.
Where was your article from...I'm betting it was right wing biased new source that of course wants to make him look bad.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:27 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Where was your article from...I'm betting it was right wing biased new source that of course wants to make him look bad.
MP Mendicino did opt out of the firearm shooting portion at the Range,I can't say he was mortified,it may just be a personal thing.Not every one is comfortable around firearms,but photo's of a Liberal MP holding a firearm never mind firing one may not be sit well with the Party or his constituents.One of the Video crew participated though,she enjoyed it, I believe Glen Motz did although it was edited,he has shot at Med. Hat Range previous.
Here is the Link for the entire show on TVO..You can form your own opinion.
The first half is shot at Medicine Hat Rifle Club,second part in Toronto.

https://www.tvo.org/video/documentar...ate/ep-1--guns
Old 02-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
MP Mendicino did opt out of the firearm shooting portion at the Range,I can't say he was mortified,it may just be a personal thing.Not every one is comfortable around firearms,but photo's of a Liberal MP holding a firearm never mind firing one may not be sit well with the Party or his constituents.One of the Video crew participated though,she enjoyed it, I believe Glen Motz did although it was edited,he has shot at Med. Hat Range previous.
Here is the Link for the entire show on TVO..You can form your own opinion.
The first half is shot at Medicine Hat Rifle Club,second part in Toronto.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2019, 09:54 AM

Oops, I was beaten to the link. Mendicino's refusal to touch a firearm comes at 11:04 in the video. Apologies if the source is not right-wing enough to be able to render it unbelievable.

If the Liberals want to increase the ATT requirements, perhaps they should also have to demonstrate how many ATT violations by licensed individuals have occurred since ATT's have been a thing and how making them more onerous will improve things. I say licensed individuals because this is all that will be afftected by legislation, gang bangers will continue doing their thing regardless.

I was at an event at the Calgary Shooting Center where Glen Motz was a guest speaker, he stuck me as a well spoken, principled fellow. He's a great advocate for licensed firearms owners.

Given the choice between a gentelman who's spent an entire career in front line policing versus a lawyer who would plead out countless criminal cases and send the perps back out among us, I know who I'll side with.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 02-21-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:22 AM

Default Educate, educate, educate

I think all we can do is to educate, educate, educate. ***Respectfully*** And take as many gun haters out shooting as we can. I recently got to take some anti gun friends out shooting clays. They all loved it an 2 of them are actually talking about getting there own shotguns now. A little experience goes a long way in breaking down the lies they have been told.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Oops, I was beaten to the link. Mendicino's refusal to touch a firearm comes at 11:04 in the video. Apologies if the source is not right-wing enough to be able to render it unbelievable.

If the Liberals want to increase the ATT requirements, perhaps they should also have to demonstrate how many ATT violations by licensed individuals have occurred since ATT's have been a thing and how making them more onerous will improve things. I say licensed individuals because this is all that will be afftected by legislation, gang bangers will continue doing their thing regardless.

I was at an event at the Calgary Shooting Center where Glen Motz was a guest speaker, he stuck me as a well spoken, principled fellow. He's a great advocate for licensed firearms owners.

Given the choice between a gentelman who's spent an entire career in front line policing versus a lawyer who would plead out countless criminal cases and send the perps back out among us, I know who I'll side with.
As far as the proposed changes to the ATT's are concerned ,this topic and many others, were discussed at the Senate Committee hearings earlier this week.
The persons representing their respective Gun Orgs. gave a pretty good account of the how the ATT's as they stand now are adequate and the lack of statistical data proving any issue exists to require any additional need for changes as far as ongoing Public Safety is concerned.
As already stated in this thread ,personally I believe these spokespeople did a tremendous job at these Hearings representing Legal Firearm owners in Canada.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:33 PM

Oh....the elephant in the room.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the real scoop,I was “almost” duped by the leftard Star article in the OP into believing that Liberals are almost human and capable of forming a fact based opinion.
His refusal to touch a firearm is either a mental disorder(prerequisite to running for LPC) or just as likely as previously posted his fear of how his constituents and Supreme Leader Turdo might perceive the pics.