Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-14-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
For sure, there is strength in numbers.
The main ones are CCFR, NFA, and CSSA.
Anyone have any thoughts on which of these organizations would be best to support when it comes to defending and promoting gun owners rights?
Old 02-14-2019, 10:58 PM

CBC is cranking up the anti gun rhetoric right on time. just prior to the election...The MSM will play their part as will many so called gun owners. This fight is far from over but we can slow the tide if we all just join together. But alas...many sheepel will be lead willingly to the slaughter..
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have no use for some types of firearm, and I believe that some of the users of some types of firearms actually hurt the image of shooters , but I still support Canadians being able to own these firearms. The anti gun crowd is counting on firearms owners to not support each other, so they can ban one type of firearm at a time, with minimal opposition from the firearms owners.
Coincidentally,Rod Giltaca mentions this very attitude on the CCFR spots on WildTV,that being that restricted firearm users are sometimes perceived as actually bringing the heat onto the firearms community.
So just because you believe that 3-Gun enthusiasts are a bunch of wannabe Operator Rambos,and that “nobody needs an AR to hunt” Fudd mentality,acknowledge that the sport shooting community is the most vocal and most heavily involved group per capita with a vested interest in defending your rights to own an O/U shotgun.
By and large,restricted owners and shooting sport enthusiasts are far more likely to be members of CCFR,CSSA,NFA etc.....and when Fudds throw them under the bus,they are shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended) because these are the very people that are fighting the good fight every single day against the antis that work hard every day to take your deer rifle away,while the vast vast majority of hunters are apathetic and only butch and whine on social media but won’t get off their wallet to support groups like CCFR.
Acknowledge also that the antis (and current government) going after handguns and semi auto sport rifles is just the tip of the iceberg,next they go after all repeaters,then all guns eventually.When we throw the sport shooters under the bus,we are cutting off the tip of the spear and alienating the very people that are most vocal and financially supportive of our collective cause.Who is gonna fight for you when the “Rambos” no longer have a dog in this fight?
If I remember correctly,in one of the the CCFR ads,Rod states that less then 2% of licenced CDN gun owners are a member of any of the big 3 national firearms advocacy groups....and THAT is pathetic!!

There are over 2 million licenced gun owners in Canada,if we all paid $40/year membership to CCFR we would be a serious force to be reckoned with in Ottawa with a crack team of legal experts and lobbyists ensuring that Canadians continue to own and enjoy firearms and our hunting heritage for generations to come.
$40/year is about the average cost of 20 rounds of rifle ammo...less then the cost of 24 beer or 3 packs of smokes.......pathetic.

Quote:
And that is likely about as accurate as most second hand info is. More like the database is consulted when a firearm changes hands, or is found or recovered, or when someone is arrested, or is suspected of a crime involving firearms. With over two million licenced firearms owners in Canada , there would likely be a million RPAL holders, so that would mean a million inquiries every day, while even the RCMP only claimed a maximum of less than 10,000 inquiries to the firearms database on a daily basis, when they tried to justify the long gun registry.
It’s not second hand info,it is fact.
It’s known as continuous eligibility,and it’s not just RPAL holders but PAL holders as well.
It’s a computer program that links CPIC with CFC and screens all PAL/RPAL holders on a daily basis checking for criminal charges or any CPIC reported incident.
In a nutshell,the CFO can revoke your PAL/RPAL at any time,and continuous eligibility program alerts if you have been charged with a crime or even not charged but a report filed with CPIC(domestic violence for instance)
......or let’s say you are at the local pub and some loudmouth grabs your girl’s butt and you break his nose and get charged with assault....guess what....you could lose your PAL.
Not a rumour...not second hand info...thas a fact Jack!

Last edited by West O'5; 02-15-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Coincidentally,Rod Giltaca mentions this very attitude on the CCFR spots on WildTV,that being that restricted firearm users are sometimes perceived as actually bringing the heat onto the firearms community.
So just because you believe that 3-Gun enthusiasts are a bunch of wannabe Operator Rambos,and that “nobody needs an AR to hunt” Fudd mentality,acknowledge that the sport shooting community is the most heavily involved group per capital in defending your rights to own an O/U shotgun.
By and large,restricted owners and shooting sport enthusiasts are far more likely to be members of CCFR,CSSA,NFA etc.....and when Fudds throw them under the bus,they are shooting themselves in the foot (no pun intended) because these are the very people that are fighting the good fight every single day against the antis that work hard every day to take your deer rifle away,while the vast vast majority of hunters are apathetic and only butch and whine on social media but won’t get off their wallet to support groups like CCFR.
If I remember correctly,in one of the the CCFR ads,Rod states that less then 2% of licences CDN gun owners are a member of any of the big 3 national firearms advocacy groups....and THAT is pathetic!!
There are over 2 million licences gun owners in Canada,if we all paid $40/year membership to CCFR we would be a serious force to be reckoned with in Ottawa with a crack team of legal experts and lobbyists ensuring that Canadians continue to own and enjoy firearms and our hunting heritage for generations to come.
$40/year is about the average cost of 20 rounds of rifle ammo...less then the cost of 24 beer or 3 packs of smokes.......pathetic.

It’s not second hand info,it is fact.
It’s known as continuous eligibility,and it’s not just RPAL holders but PAL holders as well.
It’s a computer program that links CPIC with CFC and screens all PAL/RPAL holders on a daily basis checking for criminal charges or any CPIC reported incident.
In a nutshell,the CFO can revoke your PAL/RPAL at any time,and continuous eligibility program alerts if you have been charged with a crime or even not charged but a report filed with CPIC(domestic violence for instance)
......or let’s say you are at the local pub and some loudmouth grabs your girl’s ***** and you break his nose and get charged with assault....guess what....you could lose your PAL.
Not a rumour...not second hand info...thas a fact Jack!

So they individually review over two million PALs every day, or do they have a program that only checks PALs that have charges or reports against them? There is a huge difference between the two. If they individually reviewed over two million PALs every day, why did the RCMP only claim 9500 inquiries to the firearms database every day, when they tried to justify the long gun registry, before it was done away with?

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
So they individually review over two million PALs every day, or do they have a program that only checks PALs that have charges or reports against them? There is a huge difference between the two. If they individually reviewed over two million PALs every day, why did the RCMP only claim 9500 inquiries to the firearms database every day, when they tried to justify the long gun registry, before it was done away with?
Every PAL/RPAL holder in Canada is screened through a computer program for any new criminal charges or activity every single day for continued eligibility to hold a PAL/RPAL.
I would assume that this program alerts the CFO or other relevant law enforcement if you as PAL holder are charged with a crime.
I don’t know,I’m not a cop,I only know that this program exists.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Every PAL/RPAL holder in Canada is screened through a computer program for any new criminal charges or activity every single day for continued eligibility to hold a PAL/RPAL.
I would assume that this program alerts the CFO or other relevant law enforcement if you as PAL holder are charged with a crime.
I don’t know,I’m not a cop,I only know that this program exists.
A program that flags all PAL holders charged, or reported, I can understand, but I don't see anyone individually reviewing every single PAL every day.

I see many people come out to the range every week, and to be honest, the guys dressed in full tactical gear , spraying bullets at the targets as fast as they can shoot , hitting the overhead baffles, and showering other members with ejected cases, actually make some of the other members uneasy. I have seen people pack up and leave, because they didn't want to be there with certain other shooters. Some people, don't even want to belong to a range because of these people. Yet another person can show up with the same firearms, firing with control, and actually hitting the backboard instead of spraying the overhead baffles, being considerate of their ejected cases, and everyone feels far more comfortable. Behavior either unites firearms owners, or divides them, but certain types of firearms do seem to attract the owners that make the other shooters uncomfortable. But as I posted, I have no issues with people owning any type of firearm, as long as they act responsibly.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-15-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:53 AM

Obviously not,there is no team of 5000 people manually reviewing 2M+ gun owners daily,it’s a computer program which alerts I assume the CFO if you are charged with a crime,and depending upon the nature of the crime(violent/non-violent/misdemeanour etc)your PAL can be revoked at any time.
Just because you had a clean record yesterday and received a PAL doesn’t mean you are Golden for 5 years,there’s a whole host of reasons it can be revoked at any time including unsubstantiated reports of threatening,domestic violence,mental health issues etc.
Your doctor,ex-wife,vengeful neighbor,or loudmouth at the bar that you knocked out can screw you over pretty quick and easy with nothing more then a phone call and literally ZERO substantial evidence.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on which of these organizations would be best to support when it comes to defending and promoting gun owners rights?
CCFR has the largest presence it seems. Having said that, I have had memberships in all 3 at one time or another. NFA has a pretty good insurance policy covering any shooting related incidents with it's membership. Others may now as well.
Check out their websites for more details.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
The U.N. has a mandate to eliminate all personal firearms....worldwide.
Yup...the larger agenda..
Old 02-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Obviously not,there is no team of 5000 people manually reviewing 2M+ gun owners daily,it’s a computer program which alerts I assume the CFO if you are charged with a crime,and depending upon the nature of the crime(violent/non-violent/misdemeanour etc)your PAL can be revoked at any time.
Just because you had a clean record yesterday and received a PAL doesn’t mean you are Golden for 5 years,there’s a whole host of reasons it can be revoked at any time including unsubstantiated reports of threatening,domestic violence,mental health issues etc.
Your doctor,ex-wife,vengeful neighbor,or loudmouth at the bar that you knocked out can screw you over pretty quick and easy with nothing more then a phone call and literally ZERO substantial evidence.
This is the second hand info I was talking about.....thanks..
We do have computers that dont sleep, dont need breaks and I imagine would make short work of a few million people on a list vs any convictions they may have been charged with to make them ineligible..
Old 02-15-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
This is the second hand info I was talking about.....thanks..
We do have computers that dont sleep, dont need breaks and I imagine would make short work of a few million people on a list vs any convictions they may have been charged with to make them ineligible..
Gosh don't confuse anyone with facts....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Gosh don't confuse anyone with facts....
Do us all a favour...enlighten the rest of us with your facts lol...?

I for one didn't spend a whole lot of time researching the subject, I dont really care to..dont break the law and you have nothing to worry about EH...
Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
Do us all a favour...enlighten the rest of us with your facts lol...?

I for one didn't spend a whole lot of time researching the subject, I dont really care to..dont break the law and you have nothing to worry about EH...
Your original statement was that every single person with a RPAL had their name run every day, whereas it's more like anyone charged or being investigated has their name run to see if they have a PAL. That is a difference of running thousands of names every day, versus running a million names every day. Even the RCMP specified a maximum of around 18,000 queries to the firearms database on a daily basis, when they tried to justify the long gun registry, and that number has dropped since. Below are the actual number of queries to the database per year through 2016. This is directly from the RCMP, not second hand.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/2016-co...irearms-report

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-20-2019 at 08:31 AM.