Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default Great news, 1022 mag well adapter

Accepts rem 597 clear 30 rounders, made by sbi
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM

How incredibly rediculous that this is acceptably legal or even that somebody felt compelled to design it based on an errant call by the jackbooted thugs in Ottawa.😢
Thanks anyway,but I’ll just continue to use my 25rd Hotlips and GSG 100 drums.....LEGALLY and in blatant defiance of RCMP’s “opinion”.
RCMP’s mandate is to enforce existing laws,not create them,that is the job of Parliament,and not interpret laws,that is the job of the courts.
They can have all the “opinions” they want,it doesn’t make it so.

Last edited by West O'5; 01-16-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the info

https://spectreballistics.com/1022/5...e-adapter.html
Old 01-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
How incredibly rediculous that this is acceptably legal or even that somebody felt compelled to design it based on an errant call by the jackbooted thugs in Ottawa.😢
Thanks anyway,but I’ll just continue to use my 25rd Hotlips and GSG 100 drums.....LEGALLY and in blatant defiance of RCMP’s “opinion”.
RCMP’s mandate is to enforce existing laws,not create them,that is the job of Parliament,and not interpret laws,that is the job of the courts.
I have no intention of losing my rights as a gun owner over a 100 or 25 rd pistol magazine lol. Pick your battles.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:37 AM

But eventually someone has to challenge this in the court system, so yeah, I say good on you for using them, and offering to be that guy.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:56 AM

I believe the NFA or CSSA has challenged it already.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:29 PM

saw these at edmontons last gun show. sounds like they are already approved with documentation.

Very cool Canadian product. Made in Spruce or Sherwood
Old 01-26-2019, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Pistol mags are limited to ten, using those would be no different than using an AR 30 round mag with the rivet drilled out, the law is pretty black and white, you wanna post on a public forum talking about using prohibited devices (which in violation of the forum rules no less) I would be very careful.
I know I’m not willing to risk jail time.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Pistol mags are limited to ten, using those would be no different than using an AR 30 round mag with the rivet drilled out, the law is pretty black and white, you wanna post on a public forum talking about using prohibited devices (which in violation of the forum rules no less) I would be very careful.
I know I’m not willing to risk jail time.
That's for CENTERFIRE pistols and rifles. Rimfire is a completely different deal. These as well as many other 25 round mags are perfectly legal.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 01-28-2019, 09:07 AM

Bill you cost me $400. While ordering the adapter I noticed the 10/22 chassis. It's really nice. Machining is good, finish is very nice. Fit is perfect. It's really light, will be great for my son. I am going to get a decent grip and a red dot on it but what's here is what I had on hand.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:42 AM

I got my 2 adapters last week and tried them out on the weekend. Feeding was rough, lots of FTF and a few FTE, will need to work in these mags.

GOOD news is the adapters fit in both the 10/22 and Ruger American Rimfire, and the bolt gun fed better than the semi auto.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM

you also need to check your mags, remington installs the magazine spring backwards so the feed angle isnt right. I had to turn mine around and reliability increased greatly after that.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:21 AM

I got my adapter a couple of weeks ago.
I only shot a couple hundred with it so some more testing is required but I didn't find it worked too bad. ProMag magazines worked quite a bit better than the actual Remington ones which was surprising. Guess I will have to check the springs in the rem mags, thanks for the info.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
That's for CENTERFIRE pistols and rifles. Rimfire is a completely different deal. These as well as many other 25 round mags are perfectly legal.
Nope,

For handguns the magazine limit of 10 is for both centerfire and rimfire.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
How incredibly rediculous that this is acceptably legal or even that somebody felt compelled to design it based on an errant call by the jackbooted thugs in Ottawa.��
When a new drug hits the street and is seized by the police for the 1st time, who makes the decision which drug schedule it should be entered on within the CDSA? Should the Politicians, Judges, and Lawyers all get together and review the medical information or do a hit and try to decide? Or is it more reasonable that experts in the field would analyze the substance and determine it's classification within the drug schedules.

Like it or not the "Lab", which falls under the umbrella of the RCMP, are the recognized firearms experts for the country. Their whole purpose and mandate to provide technical expertise and "opinions" in relation to the classification of firearms and devices (magazine, suppressors, knives... etc). Those opinions are then forwarded to the Public Safety Minister for approval, and if approved results in enforcement.

The difference between the Harper government and the current government is that Harper's Public Safety minister refused to approve several opinions put forward by the Lab, but Goodale has basically approved everything.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Nope,

For handguns the magazine limit of 10 is for both centerfire and rimfire.
BD is correct, ALL handgun magazines, whether center fire or rimfire have a limit of ten rounds in Canada.

With semi automatic long guns, of the center fire variety, the magazine limit is 5 rounds. With rim fire long guns, there is no magazine limit (hence the 25, 30, and even 100 rounds magazines available and formerly legal for the 10/22). The problem came when the Ruger Charger handgun was imported to Canada, and accepted the same magazines as the Ruger 10/22....and the 10/22 mags over 10 rounds became prohib status overnight because they would fit the Charger hand gun. My understanding is so far the RCMP had declined to charge anyone with possession of prohibited devices on these 10+ magazines to date (but they have confiscated some as prohib devices), as I think they prefer not to have it challenged in court and a precedent set on their 'law making' ability. A number of different firearms associations would apparently like to have someone charged so they can challenge it....but I'm not current on whether or not there is anything in the works on it.

Best article on it I could find:

https://calibremag.ca/1022-magazine-update/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Banned

ya... you can keep your jam sticks away from me...

all reports say that they jam like bob marley
Old 02-20-2019, 01:22 PM

Great news indeed....until Remington releases a 597 pistol.🤭
Old 02-20-2019, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Great news indeed....until Remington releases a 597 pistol.🤭
or someone puts an adapter in a restricted
Old 11-29-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
you also need to check your mags, remington installs the magazine spring backwards so the feed angle isnt right. I had to turn mine around and reliability increased greatly after that.
How can you tell if it is oriented correctly?