Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense
Default Edson area thieves...they got 'em!

Anyone that has had property stolen in west central alberta in the past couple of years should perhaps check in with the Edson RCMP and see if their stuff has been recovered.

Now if they only give these dirtbags the sentences they deserve!
Regards,
Dave.

Here is the link to the news report which has pictures of the stolen property etc. The same report also talks about two stolen Ford F-350's recovered near Drostan Hall which is not far from Long Lake.

http://www.theeagle.ca/index.asp?mn=3&id=7045&cc=1146

As reported by The Eagle news radio station:

Edson RCMP Seizures

Edson RCMP have released details on two separate search warrant executions in Yellowhead County...

From October 28th, 2012 to October 30th, 2012 Edson RCMP, Edson RCMP General Investigation Section with the assistance of K Division Auto Theft Section North, Edson Traffic Services, Drayton Valley RCMP General Investigation Section and Whitecourt RCMP executed a search warrant on the property of Adam Bratiuk near Long Lake, in Yellowhead County.

During this search RCMP members recovered and seized the following:

4 stolen vehicles, 3 stolen ATV's, 1 stolen RV, 1 stolen portable welder on a trailer, 1 stolen portable light plant.

Also seized during this property serach was tens of thousands of dollars of miscellaneous property. This included numerous makes and models of chainsaws, portable generators, saddles and tires.

The search also recovered a quantity of methamphetamine, ecstasy, marihuana and prescription medication. Over 20 firearms have been seized. Six people have been charged in relation to this investigation and are scheduled to appear in Edson Provincial Court. It is anticipated that more charges will follow.

A full list of charges and those charged will be released at a later time. Police are in the process of trying to identify the owners of the over two hundred exhibits seized.

Edson RCMP Sgt Jim Desautels says this particular property has been an issues for years.

Last edited by Whiskey Wish; 10-31-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Add link to news report
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM

The prosecutor better not screw this one up! Could you imagine if they get plead out to serve some half-baked sentence for what's surely over a hundred crimes and easily dozens of victims. The sad thing is I'm not remotely confident they'll see a significant sentence.........

I should add compliments for job well done by the police. I hope it's not futile once the legal systems through with them.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Banned

Be interesting to watch this one to the end. Good on the police for catching these guys, now lets see what these clowns get for a sentence. I'll start the bidding at 15 years...lmao...hey a guy can dream.

In reality I am going to be surprised if these guys even go to jail.

Be nice if they released ALL of the names.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 PM

Default Thieves

Hope they get what is comming to them,im familiar with that area.not far from there is my sanctuary.i pity the sob that gets by me and my dog,cause next in line is my wife.come to think about it ,i would love to watch that.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM

I predict, x amount of community service along with 1 maybe 2 years probation. Sad really.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 PM

Wasn't buckbrushoutdoors hit by them? Aren't the atvs his?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM

Man they better get big sentences for this.

Way to go Leo!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 PM

There in for 2 big slaps on the wrists.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:34 PM

Considering the number of Separate crimes/Victims and the fact that there were hardcore drugs present; these guys are going to get the book thrown at them.

I figure they will get a full SIX WEEKS in the clink. They are going to feel the wrath of our justice system as it descends upon them. While they are watching Donahue, and The Edge Of Night, they will feel the severity of their crimes. When they don't get their steak cooked just the way they like it..... Too Bad/So Sad. What; Lobster only once a week; Sorry about your luck boys!! When they find out that there are only a few pool tables to play at; well let's just say that they are going to know what real Canadian sentencing is all about!!

These losers are going to know real pain when they miss a third of a season of Grey's Anatomy because Thursday night Football will be on every High Definition big screen in the place for the Duration of their six week sentence.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM

Default The community deserves

At the very least.

Names and faces.

That's all I'd want.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM

Hang high in the street " Willie Nelson" and me.
PG
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM
Banned

I expect that proving the items recovered were stolen and then prosecuting the thefts successfully might be hampered if they cannot find the rightful owners or if those folks are not interested in going to court.

They could just say they bought that thingamajig and sealed the deal with a handshake or never got round to registering something.

I sure hope that anyone missing stuff hears about this and makes their way over to see if any of it is theirs.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 PM

I no faith in our legal system, I can't for the life of me understand what crack most judges/lawyers are smoking. Not quite 2 years ago my truck was stolen, rcmp found the guys driving around the next day and went to catch them, high speed chase, spike belts, they kept on driving hit the ditch and took off on foot where they had the canine unit set on them, it was quite the chase, it made the news. They spent overnight in jail when they were promptly released the next day because the DA said since there was 2 of them in the vehicle they didn't know who was driving and who stole the truck so he didn't bother pressing charges... 1 night in jail for all that... I'm saying we will be lucky if the charges even stick with this thing
Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 PM

Default Dig a hole!

Dave, I sold the Track Hoe.
Too bad eh?
It could dig deep holes.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Considering the number of Separate crimes/Victims and the fact that there were hardcore drugs present; these guys are going to get the book thrown at them.

I figure they will get a full SIX WEEKS in the clink. They are going to feel the wrath of our justice system as it descends upon them. While they are watching Donahue, and The Edge Of Night, they will feel the severity of their crimes. When they don't get their steak cooked just the way they like it..... Too Bad/So Sad. What; Lobster only once a week; Sorry about your luck boys!! When they find out that there are only a few pool tables to play at; well let's just say that they are going to know what real Canadian sentencing is all about!!

These losers are going to know real pain when they miss a third of a season of Grey's Anatomy because Thursday night Football will be on every High Definition big screen in the place for the Duration of their six week sentence.
damn right that`ll teach em a lesson, the Canadian justice system ain`t nothing to mess with
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 AM

Good catch.

They will get maybe two years tops.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Be interesting to watch this one to the end. Good on the police for catching these guys, now lets see what these clowns get for a sentence. I'll start the bidding at 15 days...lmao...hey a guy can dream.

In reality I am going to be surprised if these guys even go to jail.

Be nice if they released ALL of the names.
There fix it for ya
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Glad to hear they caught someone. I hope the LEO's did their Due Diligence and covered all their bases and did it by the book. One little mistake and they walk with a huge apology from everyone that wronged them.
At best, the Judge will exclaim his dissapointment in them and give them a stern look. If it's a mean Judge, he might even go so far as to shake a finger at them.

The Legal system is a joke, and the Justice system is something that only our Grandparents can remember existing.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

With this sentiment, I really wonder if the police and/or "justice" system have considered the very real likelihood of people just starting to say screw the whole system we'll look after it ourselves. Of course, these are the people the judges really go after, the people that have grown tired of watching these thugs go free and decide to look after things themselves.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
With this sentiment, I really wonder if the police and/or "justice" system have considered the very real likelihood of people just starting to say screw the whole system we'll look after it ourselves. Of course, these are the people the judges really go after, the people that have grown tired of watching these thugs go free and decide to look after things themselves.

I agree wholeheartedly. The judiciary, 'corrections' and parole systems are largely responsible for the all too common unapologetic recidivist criminals we're inundated with, but they sure take serious offense to anyone caught undertaking the actions they were too impotent and unwilling to do themselves. I think in time we may see a swing to the other direction and it won't be soon enough in my eyes; the governments boss (us) doesn't seem to be taking kindly to the present state of affairs. From what I see regularly, I wouldn't trust them to get my burger & fries order right.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Dave, I sold the Track Hoe.
Too bad eh?
It could dig deep holes.
That IS a shame but I bet we could get enough volunteers with shovels from this web site alone to dig holes deep enough for....ummm...checking for gold....yeah....that's it....checking for gold......

I keep hearing the same sentiment everywhere I go and most everyone I talk to about our legal system. Even the LEO's and Corrections staff are frustrated and saying similar kinds of things.

We all need to phone our MLA's and MP's....repeatedly.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post

Not taking the criminals side here, but they don't get big screen tv's (2x20" tv's for approx 80+ inmates), no pool tables. no steak or lobster (food that might not be fit to feed your dog). Now thats speaking of our Provincial Corrections, Feds from what I understand is totally different, but you were refering to a six week sentence, they would be doing provicial time.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss442 View Post
Not taking the criminals side here, but they don't get big screen tv's (2x20" tv's for approx 80+ inmates), no pool tables. no steak or lobster (food that might not be fit to feed your dog). Now thats speaking of our Provincial Corrections, Feds from what I understand is totally different, but you were refering to a six week sentence, they would be doing provicial time.
Whatever, if they ain't staring at a blank wall between the daily beatings they're living too high on the hog for my taste.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:05 PM

I think thieves are the scum of the earth and should have their hands removed like some other countries still do!
Only thing worse than a thief is a Rapist in my books! Wish we had the castle law here in Alberta, sure would cut back on break ins and uninvited people in on your property.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
At the very least.

Names and faces.

That's all I'd want.
x2

You got er Bessie Dog.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Boss:

What is that super huge Teepee at the Edomonton Max used for?

Do those innocent little boys get to go camping if they are good?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Hey Boss:

What is that super huge Teepee at the Edomonton Max used for?

Do those innocent little boys get to go camping if they are good?
I don't know, I work in the Provincial system not the Federal.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Happy 442nd post Boss 442!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, maybe you should set one up at the Fort for the nice little kids you baby sit.

Just being super sarcastic Boss.

Take Care guy.

I hope they give you good holidays.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Well, maybe you should set one up at the Fort for the nice little kids you baby sit.

Just being super sarcastic Boss.

Take Care guy.

I hope they give you good holidays.
No problem, believe me I know how frustrating the legal system is.