Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
These imported professional protesters should be locked up for claiming to be the voice of someone they're not. That's fraud.
Trudeau would call them Lobbyists

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-09-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Trudeau would call them Lobbyists
Or irregular protesters.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:06 PM

I always said if they called it the transgender pipeline Trudeau would have 4 of them in the ground already. It's all in the wording.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-09-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I always said if they called it the transgender pipeline Trudeau would have 4 of them in the ground already. It's all in the wording.
Now you are thinking we could probably get a pipeline for all 300 genders the liberals acknowledge these days

In the name of equality of course
Old 02-10-2020, 01:29 AM
AO Sponsor

Good. Every Fn along the pipeline has signed on. And because a select few of the individuals of the bands don’t agree with it, they do this. What a joke, all those that oppose this probably don’t like the free health care they get, social programs etc that is paid for by the tax dollars from projects like this. They’re so clueless. All it is is anti lng groups using (and possibly paying) FN “hereditary” chiefs to further their agenda.
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 02-10-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Good. Every Fn along the pipeline has signed on. And because a select few of the individuals of the bands don’t agree with it, they do this. What a joke, all those that oppose this probably don’t like the free health care they get, social programs etc that is paid for by the tax dollars from projects like this. They’re so clueless. All it is is anti lng groups using (and possibly paying) FN “hereditary” chiefs to further their agenda.
They like the free health care and social programs, but they want even more. The paid protestors will protest anything for a price, and the rest just want more handouts.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Here’s what I don’t understand, and maybe there is grounds for a landmark lawsuit.

They claim it’s their land, it’s not Canadian land, yet I’m sure they’ve accepted possibly billions over the years from the Canadian government. Would that leave the door open for Canada to demand all that money back? If they really want their land to be their nation, I think I heard them say Canadian law does not apply to them, so could we not set up a border and keep them out of Canada without proper passport documentation?

They obviously want their cake and to eat it too, but I don’t think they thought this one through?
Old 02-10-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Here’s what I don’t understand, and maybe there is grounds for a landmark lawsuit.

They claim it’s their land, it’s not Canadian land, yet I’m sure they’ve accepted possibly billions over the years from the Canadian government. Would that leave the door open for Canada to demand all that money back? If they really want their land to be their nation, I think I heard them say Canadian law does not apply to them, so could we not set up a border and keep them out of Canada without proper passport documentation?

They obviously want their cake and to eat it too, but I don’t think they thought this one through?

What they really want is more money, but they don't agree as to how to get it. Some people want the jobs that a pipeline would provide, other people don't want jobs, they want handouts. And then there are the paid protesters who don't care about either, thy will protest whatever they are paid to protest.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
What they really want is more money, but they don't agree as to how to get it. Some people want the jobs that a pipeline would provide, other people don't want jobs, they want handouts. And then there are the paid protesters who don't care about either, thy will protest whatever they are paid to protest.
I don’t care why they’re doing what they’re doing, it really makes no difference. They are always bringing up treaties and laws to get what they want, why are we not allowed to do the same? If they are right, and they are their own nation, make it so! They will be broke and begging to negotiate a land deal with Canada before summer, this time we will have the upper hand.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I don’t care why they’re doing what they’re doing, it really makes no difference. They are always bringing up treaties and laws to get what they want, why are we not allowed to do the same? If they are right, and they are their own nation, make it so! They will be broke and begging to negotiate a land deal with Canada before summer, this time we will have the upper hand.
You are correct in that if Canada hands over a reasonable lump sum, they will soon spend it, and they will be right back asking for more, and that will likely prevent a lump sum from ever happening. Just like Quebec, they will never be satisfied, no matter what they receive, or what they agree to.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:40 AM

Default easy

A napalm strike would clear a path.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Even hanging some Help Wanted signs would make them scatter, but I like your style.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:55 AM

The last bunch of non tax paying trouble makers cost us Canadian Taxpayers $5.2 billion additional on TMX by delaying the project 2.5 years to protect a couple salmon eating killer whales. What will this bunch of freeloaders do to the cost escalation of the LNG pipeline.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:58 AM

Two words

SNOW PLOW!
Old 02-10-2020, 02:45 PM

And now they have free reign to shut down bridges in Calgary??

http://globalnews.ca/news/6532492/we...iation-bridge/
Old 02-10-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
So would an A-10 warthog
Old 02-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

If I gathered up a bunch of fishing buddies and block grand centre main street the police sure would clear our sorry hides in a quick fashion unless I have that fella who stumbles around town join us.....what a croque...where is our Turd...oh yeah giving money away to another country....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-10-2020, 03:03 PM

It's too bad this is happening in winter. If it was summer, a guy could bag a nice sized yellow jacket nest, and toss it among the protesters. Not only would it get them moving, it would be entertaining to watch.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:58 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

And in the Reap What You Sow Category...

Anti-pipeline protestors have taken over the office of the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, Carolyn Bennett in downtown Toronto. A large group of Climate Justice Toronto and Extinction Rebellion protestors have joined them.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/br...oronto-office/

Old 02-10-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
And in the Reap What You Sow Category...

Anti-pipeline protestors have taken over the office of the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations, Carolyn Bennett in downtown Toronto. A large group of Climate Justice Toronto and Extinction Rebellion protestors have joined them.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/br...oronto-office/

Seal the office off, and don't let anyone enter or leave. After a day or two, they may feel differently. In fact, unless there is a washroom in the office, it may not take that long.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Seal the office off, and don't let anyone enter or leave. After a day or two, they may feel differently. In fact, unless there is a washroom in the office, it may not take that long.
There may be a hitch in their plans, however. Protestors outside have announced that the RCMP is not allowing food to be delivered to those occupying Bennett’s office. The occupation is only hours old, and apparently the occupiers need more pizza.

Those inside have also made a demand for gluten-free food to be provided.

Where is our a Turd....he steps out and the country has gone wonkers

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-10-2020, 04:31 PM

Support for this small group promotes and expedites the destruction of our planet,not the opposite. The largest coal shipping facility in North America is in Vancouver, at Tsawwassen. This massive amount of coal goes across the Pacific and is burnt to generate power, severely polluting the only atmosphere we all share together. The incredible amount of pollutants released through combustion of coal are exponentially more harmful than LNG and oil. Unbelievable hypocrisy. The appetite for heat to generate electricity should be responsibly adjusted away from coal. Shameful, really. That is likely why most of the educated AFN groups are behind this project. One planet. The people that stand for these blockades are responsible for the increased release of greenhouse emissions. Unbelievable...
Old 02-10-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
There may be a hitch in their plans, however. Protestors outside have announced that the RCMP is not allowing food to be delivered to those occupying Bennett’s office. The occupation is only hours old, and apparently the occupiers need more pizza.

Those inside have also made a demand for gluten-free food to be provided.

Where is our a Turd....he steps out and the country has gone wonkers
Trudeau is on a photo ops while a crisis of his own making is growing deeper divides and ripping Canada apart. Rather than fighting for spending more money with the UN...how about get our own economy back on track and quell these fanatic.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-10-2020, 06:02 PM

I wonder if you IDed all these protesters where they were all from. Curious what percentage is not even Canadian
Old 02-10-2020, 06:21 PM

The media is feeding the frenzy and will partly be responsible once this all goes so wrong as their one sided and inflammatory journalism has been a disgrace. They are doing stories for the entertainment and ratings versus just speaking to the facts. Case and point for the longest time to the general public they made it sound like all FN are against development. Now they struggle in their stories to say it is a small fringe group. Now they stoke country wide protests in favour of these small fringe groups and against the greater number of FN in favour of jobs and economic opportunities.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2020, 06:00 AM

Now the police are arresting residents, for doing what the police should be doing themselves, removing barricades.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:15 PM
AO Sponsor

Craziest part is a law abiding citizen was arrested for taking down one of the barricades yesterday. This is going to get ugly real quick if the RCMP don’t start doing anything
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 02-11-2020, 12:26 PM

Was just talking to a local to the area and these idiots have nails all over some of the roads not just the road to their camp. Yes there is hinge cut trees. He says 75% or more of the protesters in this blockade are not from there. Only a small portion are FN from the area and most are not even FN

Quote:
Now the police are arresting residents, for doing what the police should be doing themselves, removing barricades.
I work very close to the bridge closure yesterday in Calgary, and would have directly impacted my commute if I was in the office yesterday.

I would have probably ended up on the news driving through the blockade at a slow speed.

Quote:
Well if anybody cares, Morneau just announced yesterday another round of consultations with indigenous groups over the transmountain. This will involve ownership, revenue sharing etc. So this wont help the cause of this LNG line as they will lay further on the backs for these groups. PAY PAY PAY with Canadian tax dollars and do not realize that we need these projects to go through so there is tax dollars to make to pay these. But why we need to pay everybody except the hardworking tax paying Canadians I don't get. I wish Treudope and his group new how to draw a circle they would realize they need revenue in to be able to give revenue out. So tiered of Canada going downhill to people who don't know anything about consequences or money.