Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2020, 12:13 PM
Banned

Exclamation OIC Action Items

Time to start rolling hard on this Folks!

Step One:

I fired off the following letter this morning, and am now posting it on several forums so that others can copy it and send to our Governor General over their own name:

May 4, 2020

An Open Letter to Her Excellency Julie Payette the Governor General of Canada

First I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you for your performance in your role as the Governor General of Canada. Your professionalism is both steadfast and admirable.

To the point of this letter:

On May 1, 2020, Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada, collectively constituting a minority government in Canada, intentionally set out to subvert and thwart parliamentary procedure in Canada. In their haste to make political points on the recent tragedy in Nova Scotia, they decided to forgo debate in the House over one of the more significant pieces of Legislation they have introduced in their new term. This action was and is an obvious misuse of the Order In Council process on the part of a government uncertain if their proposed Legislation would survive open parliamentary debate.

Fortunately in Canada there exists a “Safety Net” designed explicitly to prevent such forms of abuse, and that safety net resides within you and your office. As relating to this matter, the Criminal Code of Canada specifically states:

Criminal Code
Version of section 117.15 from 2015-06-18 to 2020-04-21:
Regulations

117.15 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing anything that by this Part is to be or may be prescribed. 

Marginal note:Restriction

(2) In making regulations, the Governor in Council may not prescribe any thing to be a prohibited firearm, a restricted firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or prohibited ammunition if, in the opinion of the Governor in Council, the thing to be prescribed is reasonable for use in Canada for hunting or sporting purposes.

Justice Minister David Lametti himself provided evidence of support for these firearms’ application for hunting purposes when he stated: “There will be an exception for Indigenous people’s exercising a section 35 hunting right, as well as those who use the weapon for hunting to feed themselves or their family,”.

Many of the listed firearms have been used both historically and at present for hunting. Classic examples include the Ruger Ranch Rifle (a common item on many farms and ranches for both hunting and predator control) and the majority of bolt action rifles the proposed list encompasses.

The balance of the firearms on the list are currently employed for shooting sports – target shooting and competitive shooting sports. All of those which were previously classed as “Restricted” were only made available for individual ownership for the specifically noted qualification of sporting purpose use.

There is clear and compelling evidence that many firearms on this poorly designed list meet the criteria of “Reasonable use in Canada for hunting or sporting purposes”.

While exemptions to the citation above exist, they are based upon insubstantial change or urgency:

Exception — minor changes

(2) A regulation made under section 117 may be made without being laid before either House of Parliament if the federal Minister is of the opinion that the changes made by the regulation to an existing regulation are so immaterial or insubstantial that section 118 should not be applicable in the circumstances.

Marginal note:Exception — urgency

(3) A regulation made under paragraph 117(i), (l), (m), (n), (o), (q), (s) or (t) may be made without being laid before either House of Parliament if the federal Minister is of the opinion that the making of the regulation is so urgent that section 118 should not be applicable in the circumstances

No-one in Canada is suggesting that the proposed Legislation is “so immaterial or insubstantial” that the OIC was necessary or should be passed forthwith.

The very design of the Legislation itself precludes any overwhelming “urgency” in that owners are automatically granted a two year amnesty, and that provisions for “grandfathering” (which will allow owners to retain these items for life) are incorporated. The only urgency relating to this matter is centered on the behavior of Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party in their headlong rush to capitalize on the tragic happenings in Nova Scotia recently. There exists NO “clear and present danger” from the most vetted citizens this country has at this point.

Those exemptions are the only two allowed by the Canadian Criminal Code. The Legislation as presented, clearly does not qualify with either definition.

I thereby call on you, as Governor General of Canada to deny the Order In Council as presented as prescribed in the Canadian Criminal Code Section 117.15 (2). I strongly urge you to preserve the integrity and sanctity of your Office that passing this wrongfully decreed OIC would corrupt.

I would appreciate the courtesy of a written response at your convenience.

A Very Concerned Citizen,

~ Original Posted ~

.................................................. .......

Email: info@gg.ca

Address:

Her Excellency Julie Payette the Governor General of Canada
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON
K1A 0A1

.................................................. .......

I would appreciate it if we can keep this focused on actions we can take to make a difference.
Please refrain from all other conversation in this regard as there are several relevant threads already running here for that purpose.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Banned

Arrow

Step Two:

By exempting "aboriginal people" in Canada, Trudeau committed a violation of the The Canadian Human Rights Act.

Any who are not of that description are being openly discriminated against based on race by your own government.

Here’s the step by step process to file an action with the Canadian Human Rights Commission:
https://norskk.com/life/2020/5/1/sue...keep-your-guns

Put your own words in or alter theirs to suit your situation.

Nog
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM

On it
Old 05-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

Arrow

Step Three:

For those who are on Facebook - Join the newly created CCFR Action Group and Get Involved!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272358044163903/
Old 05-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Banned

Step Four:

For those of us in BC: Regardless of your thoughts / position regarding the BCWF, they have provided a platform to voice your opposition to the draconian moves by Trudeau et al. Take advantage of that!

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/your-firearms-rights/
Old 05-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Banned

Arrow

Step Five:

Every revocation of registration must be accompanied by instructions on how to appeal. It's called a Section 74 appeal.
Every individual filing and proceeding will tie them up for years.
File individually for each affected firearm you own & make it as painful as possible for them on their end.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/....6/page-9.html

https://nfa.ca/2020/01/13/upcoming-g...nd-what-to-do/

More will becoming along as things develop.

Please Folks, do YOUR part!
The more of us involved, the better odds we have to hammering home our points...

Cheers - For now...
Matt
Old 05-04-2020, 07:15 PM

Will definitely be following up on this! Thanks for your work Matt

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2020, 07:46 PM

Email sent and asked to join the ccfr group. Thanks for laying out these steps
Old 05-04-2020, 07:46 PM

Will be doing this also!
Old 05-04-2020, 08:09 PM

Default Thanks!

Done! Out of curiosity, did you write the letter, or did you have it drafted by a lawyer? Just wondering how you knew the criminal code sections....

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help us get the ball rolling. You made it very simple!!!! I sure hope it makes a difference. 🤞🏻

I’ve honestly had enough....
Old 05-05-2020, 03:50 AM

Human rights complaint filed
Old 05-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
Done! Out of curiosity, did you write the letter, or did you have it drafted by a lawyer? Just wondering how you knew the criminal code sections....

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help us get the ball rolling. You made it very simple!!!! I sure hope it makes a difference. 🤞🏻

I’ve honestly had enough....
Yes, I wrote the letter.
I have a background which includes three years of law and I pay careful attention to any and all with potential to directly effect me, my family and my buddies.

I believe it is fair to say we have all had enough.
I also believe you are correct and that we are all hopeful of making some sort of positive difference.

I am pondering the next moves while discussing the same with some I rely on for input in that regard.
Will be coming back with more as they develop...

Cheers & THANKS to those trying to help make that difference!
Matt
Old 05-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Banned

Arrow

Step Six:

Sign MP Michelle Rempel's official Petition calling for the the Prime Minister to immediately scrap his government’s May 1, 2020, Order in Council decision related to confiscating legally owned firearms and instead pass legislation that will target criminals, stop the smuggling of firearms into Canada, go after those who illegally acquire firearms, and apologize to legal firearms owners in Canada.

Share it to any social media you have.

Don't forget to reply to the confirmation email or its not counted, that might possibly wind up in your junk mail.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...iNdHhyrWNWVOUw
Old 05-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Step Seven:

Sign the official Petition initiated by Steve Hamilton calling upon the Government of Canada to immediately repeal the Order in Council issued May 1, 2020.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...Ec4kvIb591ww1g
Old 05-05-2020, 05:09 PM

Why not just identify yourself as a Native Indian? Problem solved.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:49 PM

Curious Iron Noggin. If the ban on these firearms don't affect me, can I be charged with making a false submission on discrimination. Just a though I don't know the law, and you put all your contact data in the complaint. I filled it out then backed off with this thought.
Anybody know.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Step Six:

Sign MP Michelle Rempel's official Petition calling for the the Prime Minister to immediately scrap his government’s May 1, 2020, Order in Council decision related to confiscating legally owned firearms and instead pass legislation that will target criminals, stop the smuggling of firearms into Canada, go after those who illegally acquire firearms, and apologize to legal firearms owners in Canada.

Share it to any social media you have.

Don't forget to reply to the confirmation email or its not counted, that might possibly wind up in your junk mail.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...iNdHhyrWNWVOUw
Done!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:28 AM

e-2576 and e2574, signed
Old 05-06-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
Curious Iron Noggin. If the ban on these firearms don't affect me, can I be charged with making a false submission on discrimination. Just a though I don't know the law, and you put all your contact data in the complaint. I filled it out then backed off with this thought.
Anybody know.
In my opinion NO. You are still being discriminated against according to your race whether you own one or not. The fact is you can't, they can, racially based.

Nog
Old 05-06-2020, 11:27 AM

Thanks Nog. filled in and sent.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Arrow

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

This petition has taken off like a Rocket!

Over 80,000 signatures in the first 24 hours it has been out.

It is more than probable that this Parliamentary Petition will exceed the last one focused on this matter wherein it was recognized to be the largest number of Canadian signatures on such a petition ever.

With all that is happening, I suspect this one will literally blow the last one right out of the water for that title.

Cheers,
Nog
Old 05-06-2020, 11:38 AM

Nice write up. I just completed most of the steps.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Step Eight: Reaffirming Step Number Three:

If you are not currently a Member of the CCFR, do so now.

They have mounted the First Legal Challenge to the OIC thus far:

https://firearmrights.ca/en/we-are-going-to-court/

Time to pony up our support.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:06 PM
Banned

Arrow

Step Nine:

Use SCI's form to send Trudeau & Blair a message:

https://p2a.co/SfPolQH?resetcookie=1
Old 05-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

The NFA launches a second, somewhat parallel lawsuit against the Feds:

https://nfa.ca/2020/05/07/nfa-announ...eral-gun-grab/
Old 05-09-2020, 01:42 AM

Don't be afraid to post all of the above on the appropriate MP's FB or Twitter sites as well, you can pick which party you want to start with on here, The letter to Zinn from the lady in NS in the C71 thread is a good one to use as well, its within the last couple of pages, Zinns post is there too if you need inspiration.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en...all&gender=all

Mark Holland, Peter Fragiskatos, Pam Damoff, David Lametti are all seriously in bed with the Poly group. Fragiskatos and Damoff were on the C71 HOC committee.

Search out the members and contributors of this bunch too,

https://www.facebook.com/PolySeSouvient/

https://twitter.com/Polysesouvient?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/Docs4GunControl?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Look at their stuff, be nice, but use it against them. Spread it to friends and point out the falsehoods, the misrepresentations, the disinformation.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

RCMP Deletes ‘Grandfathering’ Option From Web Page on Rifle Bans

The RCMP deleted the option for so-called “grandfathering” this week from its web page on the government’s mass rifle confiscations, igniting concern owners will face jail unless they surrender their guns within two years.

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/05/09/rcm...on-rifle-bans/
Old 05-09-2020, 12:56 PM
Banned

Arrow

Gun owners say federal assault weapons ban filled with holes, legal challenges coming

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/gu...ming-1.4930922
Old 05-09-2020, 01:25 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quite something when even your pet paid for media speaks out against your actions:

Latest gun control effort isn't merely a failure. It corrodes trust among Canadians

There is more than one way to look at the federal Liberal government's announcement of a ban on certain models of semi-automatic rifles: as illogical symbolism that will do nothing to advance public safety; as a waste of scarce public funds; as craven wedge politics.

Canadians who have followed a rigorous process to obtain a licence to purchase a firearm accept that the privilege of ownership can be revoked if it is poses an unreasonable danger. It is a far different thing to render their property unlawful for use simply so that the government can be seen to be doing something.

In short, the government is criminalizing some people's property not because it will make anyone safer, but because it can – because it knows that the political benefits far outweigh any loss in popularity among people who were probably not inclined to vote Liberal in the first place.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...tics-1.5556541
Old 05-10-2020, 02:13 PM
Banned

Arrow

Veterans Respond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ts3yoUZxog