Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2019, 08:07 AM

Default Edmonton man arrested for PAL fraud & illegal firearms purchases

I wonder if this fellow found any of his victims and ill-gotten firearms through the classifieds here on AO? I call the sellers victims because he committed fraud against people who would not willingly sell firearms to those who are unlicensed, he made them unwitting party’s to illegal firearms sales when their intent was to be in adherence to the law. The Tac team arrest likely put a stain in his drawers while also informing him that he wasn’t just being pulled over for a speeding offence.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5309139/e...algary-arrest/

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-24-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 AM

Yikes, the guy had a Sig Mosquito and an SKS....gearing up for war! With gophers....

Glad he has been taken out of circulation.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-24-2019, 08:49 AM

The Sig Mosquito is the one that I’m curious about. When transferring the restricted did the seller properly wait for the transfer authorization? The authorization would have been mailed to the legitimate PAL holder who was being impersonated, unless the fraudster also changed that persons address with the CFC? Getting mail about a restricted firearms transfer that I didn’t take part in would sure have me calling them right away. Perhaps that was what initiated his downfall?

With the guy also being charged with breach of recognizance he’d have had some previous run-in’s with the law.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-24-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM

So deal harshly with this scumbag, and leave legal firearms owners alone. But of course they won't do this, they will use this in an attempt to justify banning our firearms.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Banned

Rationalize these news releases as pre-Confiscation propaganda.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Rationalize these news releases as pre-Confiscation propaganda.
That happen prove the current system works already....but yes, the media is on the topic lately because those ’look away from the political scandals over there’ drums are being beaten with an increased cadence. I’ve seen a few online mainstream articles about firearms, online polls and heard chat radio on it today. It’s definitely trending. Good thing we spent $600 million on the media recently, no?