Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 PM

I predict that Jim Dinning will throw his hat into the ring as the "outsider"
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM

Did you hear the latest? Ted has called on WRA members to 'retun to the mother ship' as he is worried about vote splitting. HA ha.
Danielle Smith kind of made fun of it.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM

It would appear to me that Elk is under Morton's desk.

The WRA would be a welcome change to this debauchery of a government we have now.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Default stelmach

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmakemecrazy View Post
You guys are dreaming if you think WRA will make up the next government. I would be very surprised if they even got 10 seats.

Alberta is and always will be a Conservative party province and I think Minister Morton is the person who will be leading that party come the next election.

Come election night Premier Morton will be smiling as he enjoys a nice glass of port with his supports and Mrs. Smith will be sitting around wondering what went wrong.
WRA,for me.The definition of idiot is someone doing the same action over and over expecting different results.Years ago NovaScotia was huge liberal,and i mean huge.Ive seen my grand father not allow folks in the house unless they were liberal.Now they are NDP.This goes to show that years past doesn't mean much when things arn't working now.Time for a change.

Last edited by captain; 01-28-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
I predict that Jim Dinning will throw his hat into the ring as the "outsider"
I'd like to see Dinning throw his support behind the WRA.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

I dont see to much wrong with Ted.
Sure, his open spaces was a HUGE thorn with me, but overall he is the best man for the job.
He is the one that took the Metis issue and delt with it.
He is responsible for more Sunday Hunting
He is the one who gave us Youth hunting and fishing days.
By far and away the most hunter friendly Minister we have ever had.

For all the Right leaning folks on this board, you should all be scrambling to volunteer at his office.

No matter what you think of Open spaces, if we dont have jobs and some $$$ we dont go hunting!!. Ted could bring us back and I know damn well he will stand up to Ottawa.

A bunch of the venom being spewed on this board is over 2 issues.
Metis rights
and Open spaces.

Open your eyes and know that this province is more than that.

Jamie
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Gone Hunting

Morton had his chance to show what he was bringing to the table. I'm not ready to settle for the best of the worst like we have had to do so often.

I'll be supporting the WRA at least for one term.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Sure, his open spaces was a HUGE thorn with me, but overall he is the best man for the job.

For all the Right leaning folks on this board, you should all be scrambling to volunteer at his office.

No matter what you think of Open spaces, if we dont have jobs and some $$$ we dont go hunting!!. Ted could bring us back and I know damn well he will stand up to Ottawa.

Metis rights
and Open spaces.

Jamie
Open Spaces a huge thorn with you? What was the issue you had with it? I was certain you were a big supporter.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Metis rights
and Open spaces.

Jamie
Nope these two are nothing in comparison to the draconian raping of Alberta citizens rights that Morton passed in his Land Use Framework. WRA for me.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Metis rights
and Open spaces.

Jamie
I cannot and will not support a government that put bill's 50 & 36 into law.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

WRA has my interest as well.

North.. WHo did you used to be.

I couldnt say I was a supporter of Open spaces.. I just hated the fact certain people on this board liked to try and throw their little wieght around and tell me what to think. The back stabbing and threats against peoples jobs was just a black mark on the this board.

I was more of a sitter on the fencer kinda guy. I wanted to see what could come out of it and at the end I was not happy. I think in order for that type of program to work, you would need a TON more cash to make it work.

Please note, I am refering to the final program. The first balloon floated had landowners able to sell tags. That one I HATED!

209. Admitedly, I am not up to speed on the Land Use framework. Life has been a bit busy for the past 1.5 years. I should start looking it up.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Admitedly, I am not up to speed on the Land Use framework. Life has been a bit busy for the past 1.5 years. I should start looking it up.

Thanks
Jamie
It's worded that you almost need a lawyer to interpret it, but the basics are that the provincial government can take your land when they deem it necessary to use it for something different with no compensation paid to said owner. Not good for anyone that owns property in this province.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Admitedly, I am not up to speed on the Land Use framework. Life has been a bit busy for the past 1.5 years. I should start looking it up.
Exactly an uninformed opinion! Nothing says apathy like that statement right there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again O/S and LUF outweight by a thousand times anything else he has done and for those with a conspiracy theory bent it would suggest that it was all about pushing his agenda not what was in the interest of the people.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLH View Post
Exactly an uninformed opinion! Nothing says apathy like that statement right there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again O/S and LUF outweight by a thousand times anything else he has done and for those with a conspiracy theory bent it would suggest that it was all about pushing his agenda not what was in the interest of the people.
Apathay.. Screw you.
My life has been a bit busy. Take a read over some past threads.

Prior to my life taking a couple of serious detours, I was up to speed on most anything to do with this province. Unfortunatly, I thought it better to make sure my Family was ok. and not only once, but 2 times in one year.
Jamie
Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Apathay.. Screw you.
My life has been a bit busy. Take a read over some past threads.

Jamie
Yet you would suggest we should line up to help this guy win without knowing!

My life is pretty busy as well so I only need to get **** on once by a politician to realize that I don't want it to happen again. What will it take to for you?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
It's worded that you almost need a lawyer to interpret it, but the basics are that the provincial government can take your land when they deem it necessary to use it for something different with no compensation paid to said owner. Not good for anyone that owns property in this province.
The part I really like is it will be illegal to appeal their decision to steal from you.
I won't be surprised when the first person gets killed over a gov't land annexation under these laws.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Bill 36- the Alberta Land Use Framework, is Ted Morton's baby, which was passed and is Law in Alberta.

Somehow Bill 36 stayed under the radar of most people. IMO because of it's complexity and huge ramifications. Most people who became aware of the Land Use Framework's removal of property rights are simply overwhelmed into paralysis.

Take 14 minutes to become informed of Morton's Land Use Framework. Learn that every property owner in Alberta no longer has any say, right to compensation or recourse if the Government decides to take your land, home, or business.

You Need to Be Concerned About Bill 36 in Alberta - Keith Wilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EdIAsAi9v4
Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM

People need to understand that it isn't just rural land owners that can have their deed to their land it can be done to every person in Alberta, city or rural. And once again without compensation or legal recourse. Who in their right mind would want this person in power? Listen to WB's link.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
The part I really like is it will be illegal to appeal their decision to steal from you.
I won't be surprised when the first person gets killed over a gov't land annexation under these laws.
It wouldn't surprise me either. It's got me seriously thinking of pulling out of this province.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 01-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
People need to understand that it isn't just rural land owners that can have their deed to their land it can be done to every person in Alberta, city or rural. And once again without compensation or legal recourse. Who in their right mind would want this person in power? Listen to WB's link.
x2
Every Albertan needs to be suspicious of Ted Morton. LUF is very dangerous to any one who owns property.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:19 PM

Default Bill Fallout

The bills are worded with language such as "extinguish" and this is where it gets right out of hand. It can extinguish any title, caveat, mortgage, any and all holds on a piece of property.
The way I see it, and I am not sure why the real estate industry and banking industry are not leaning on the government harder than they are, is that the government can use this bill to expropriate your land (you do not have to rural for this to kick in) and EXTINGUISH the title and mortgage on the property. If there is an outside chance of this happening, bankers will refuse to lend money on property, houses, buildings etc. The immediate effect will be reduced real estate values and sales.

This whole thing started with the power companies wanting to put all those new lines in that they say we need. WE the taxpayer foot the cost, turn the ownership over to the power companies, and they in turn charge us triple for electricity. So where ever you live whether rural or urban your power bill is going to skyrocket. And all this thanks to Ted Morton. Your kids and grandkids are going to be electricity poor.

Big business has approached the caucus with this rising cost of electricity and said "Hey if our power bills triple, we will be taking our business elsewhere." Causus listened to the presentation and went into a meeting and voted this bill into being.

I saw Keith Wilson give his presentation in Trochu Tuesday nite and he had the bill disected to where the average Albertan could understand it.

You can check more of it out at this website.

http://www.landownersagainstbills.com/

This whole caucus has to be sent packing because they are starting to think like the Liebrals in Ottawa and their right to rule.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
This whole caucus has to be sent packing because they are starting to think like the Liebrals in Ottawa and their right to rule.
Well said! Let's hope their percieved 'right to rule' ends right soon!

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 01-28-2011, 04:01 PM

I have to tell you this whole deal has left me speechless and incredibly disgusted with the whole stinking bunch of provincial Tories.
It will be a cold day in heck before I ever vote for these sneaking thieves again.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I have to tell you this whole deal has left me speechless and incredibly disgusted with the whole stinking bunch of provincial Tories.
It will be a cold day in heck before I ever vote for these sneaking thieves again.
X2! How's that quote go? Absolute power corrupts absolutely........
Old 01-28-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Morton had his chance to show what he was bringing to the table. I'm not ready to settle for the best of the worst like we have had to do so often.

I'll be supporting the WRA at least for one term.
Well said,they will get my support as well
Old 01-28-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Can you say Premier Morton.
This is the guy who brought in Bill 36 which gives the government the power to take land away without compensation, I wonder what else he would have up his sleeve if elected. I won't be voting for this clown!!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

I just got off the phone with one of the Top Political commentators in Alberta, if not Canada.

Anyhow, her take on the whole thing is that Ted owns this bill and Ted is going to pay for it by not being elected. A few other reasons that Ted will not make the cut.
Most of the true Tories have left the party. She compared this group of conservatives to the "JOE CLARK" era.

We spoke a bit about this whole Bill 36 thing. Apparently the Gov will revisit the whole thing soon. But she thinks the die has been cast and anything new they do is just a Band Aid.

This 36 thing sounds very nasty and I am most disappointed in the whole thing.
I don’t know if I was leaning towards the WRP or have just been shoved.

One thing she said was that the WRP is having trouble raising $$$$$$. That doesn’t bode well.

Jamie
Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM

There is a meeting at the Trochu hall Feb 1st 7:30 on Bill 24. Hosted by Alberta Surface Rights Group. Key speaker: Rob Anderson Wildrose MLA.
I am a member of both the PC's and the WRA, still on the fence for which to vote for in the next election. Always been a fan of Ted Morton's, Open Spaces does not bother me but the LUF does. if big changes are made to LUF and Morton is the next premier I will probably stick with the Tories.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
There is a meeting at the Trochu hall Feb 1st 7:30 on Bill 24. Hosted by Alberta Surface Rights Group. Key speaker: Rob Anderson Wildrose MLA.
I am a member of both the PC's and the WRA, still on the fence for which to vote for in the next election. Always been a fan of Ted Morton's, Open Spaces does not bother me but the LUF does. if big changes are made to LUF and Morton is the next premier I will probably stick with the Tories.
HMMMMM LUF isn't some thing Morton had dropped on him, and now he has to fix it. He's the guy who hooped the pooch to start with.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Ted Morton has no soul. Just take a good look at him. You don't need to be a good judge of character to see what he is. His type is unable to hide the indecency.