Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2019, 10:27 PM

Angry Putting out an alert

Hi everyone,
I am putting this out here for a good friend of mine. Her mothers place out in Blackfalds was broken into, and these guitars were stolen. They belonged to her father who passed away 2 years ago. Her dad was a well known country singer from Newfoundland, Don West. There was a person trying to sell this guitar on Facebook marketplace. This suspect was a former tenant who her mother wanted to help since this person had a young child and was homeless. My friends mom ended up having to ask her to leave because things started to go missing in the house. We believe this person targeted only these items because they were vindictive, and knew how important these items were to my friends mother. One is a Jay Turser Electric, with a clear square mark in the finish where the thief tore off a Newfoundland flag sticker, and the other is a Blue Ovation guitar, as well as some other items (fender mandolin and a Maki in a Makita case). My friend's mother is beside herself, and the RCMP wont do anything. Please help!

Old 05-22-2019, 01:08 AM

Get it on Facebook. If you arent on get on. In here you might hit 2500 people, on facebook you might get 25,000,000 views or more once people start sharing it. That's only 1/10th of North America, you can bet more use it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-22-2019, 05:11 AM

Default Best bet.

I’d be dropping off pictures of the guitars with your phone number at all of the pawn shops in the area.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Hmmmmmm RCMP won't do nothing....tenant in which has a first and last name...I smell underlying issues all over the place....more to this story....but like mentioned use all avenues of social media.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-22-2019, 06:54 AM

Where in Blackfalds?
Old 05-22-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Hmmmmmm RCMP won't do nothing....tenant in which has a first and last name...I smell underlying issues all over the place....more to this story....but like mentioned use all avenues of social media.....
RCMP wont do anything because they need more evidence aparently. Ive had the same thing happen to me in Vancouver once. Cops wouldnt do anything even though I knew who stole my laundry. I ended up just going to her apt and taking my clothes back. No underlying issues.... my friend has carpeted the internet and I am just helping
Old 05-22-2019, 08:24 AM

Tell your friend, if you have located someone selling the stolen goods and the RCMP will not assist you go first to the Sargent at the local station. If he still won't help file a formal complaint and go over their heads direct to K division. Talk to your local MLA and your County Councillor and ask them to get involved. If your account is accurate what you have is a lazy cop who won't do his job. Outside of the cops getting involved it isn't going to do much good to get social media involved, you already know who has the stolen items. Your only other choice is to go get them back your self.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:38 AM

What would John Wayne do??
Old 05-22-2019, 01:24 PM

You need the Louisville Slugger Collection Agency. They’re by far the least expensive and most effective means of recovering stolen property. I keep one of their agents on retainer.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
RCMP are famous for ignoring property crime. Poor boys might be overworked, underpaid, unloved, tethered to Timmie's, you name it. They tell you to call your insurance, we ain't investigating anyone. That's an issue.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-23-2019, 05:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
RCMP are famous for ignoring property crime. Poor boys might be overworked, underpaid, unloved, tethered to Timmie's, you name it. They tell you to call your insurance, we ain't investigating anyone. That's an issue.
Hmmmm I had a few issues as I live out in the bush and they show up, take reports and in many cases took care of the problem, never had a problem but then again I was willing to work with them.....only time I had a problem was when I was the problem.

Funny how that works eh?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-23-2019, 02:45 PM

A buddy had his house broken into and his 3 handguns stolen. Calls RCMP and they say they'll send someone out there in a few days. This is IN TOWN, so buddy says should I be careful not to touch things so they can investigate properly? Phone dispatcher says nah they won't do much of an investigation, don't worry about that... by the way how did you store your guns?
Old 05-23-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm I had a few issues as I live out in the bush and they show up, take reports and in many cases took care of the problem, never had a problem but then again I was willing to work with them.....only time I had a problem was when I was the problem.

Funny how that works eh?
Soooo are you saying the OP's friend didn't ask nicely? Just how nice would she have to ask to get the guitars back? Is Level 1 nice good enough for one cop but you need Level 2 nice for the next one? Who gets to make these decisions? Maybe you explain which degree of nice necessary, the OP's friend gets her valued heirlooms back. Thanks for your help!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King