Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-09-2017, 08:11 AM

Default Glenmore Reservoir

Hello,
Looking for advice regarding fishing the Glenmore reservoir. Has anyone fished it this season 2017 and What are the odds of a little girl catching a fish there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 AM

If you have access to a canoe or kayak pretty good, it's pretty easy to find a kid sized pike or two , if you are shore bound I am not sure.

Mclean Pond or any of the other close stocked ponds might be a better kid fishery if you are shore bound.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:41 AM

I've been several times to Glenmore this summer, but didn't catch anything (not even a bite ). I fished from the south shore between Weaselhead flats and South Glenmore Park. It seemed that other guys fishing from the shore didn't catch anything either. I guess the water is too warm near the shore and that the fish is in deep water now. So if you have a boat or a canoe/kayak you might find some good spots, as mentioned in the previous post, but shore bounded there is little hope right now.

I've also been to McLean pond on Monday and there was not much action either. It was quite different three weeks ago when my kids could easily catch some fish.

I know there is also a Kids Can Catch Pond in Calgary located at Bow Habitat Station. I've never been there, but the name suggests that it should be a good place for kid fishery
Old 08-09-2017, 08:21 PM

surprised so many people is having a hard time this year, the fishing was the best i ever seen this summer. Try out north glenmore and the right side of the rowing club, use storm perch, small spoon or if you want the bigger fellas, 1/2 oz shallow diving cranks (2-5ft) and just reel em in slowly.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Found out something interesting a half year membership at the canoe club is about 100$ , a decent option to get on the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1285...8SjjiVOueYhMF0
Old 08-10-2017, 05:37 PM

I've had some pretty good luck at the stocked trout pond there with smaller lures and powerbait.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerad View Post
I've had some pretty good luck at the stocked trout pond there with smaller lures and powerbait.

Stocked pond, that is the first I have heard of it. Could I get some info on it please:
Where is it?
Size of fish?
Is it easy access for my G-kids?
Thanks very much....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 AM

Glenmore is really bad right now. Near the start of the season I was doing well but last few trips haven't caught anything.

Water right now is too high

Went with the guy who posted above saying he is doing well this summer, he caught nothing too