Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2018, 06:56 PM

WW2 German army was on ( truck loads) of meth & they were encouraged to take as much as they wanted.....

American army was on "stuff" as well...

you can thanks the Gov any time you feel the need......
Old 06-16-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Laugh all you want.

It's good for you.

Magic mushrooms saved my life.
Not that I am promoting the eating of hallucinogenic mushrooms... I'm just saying there are two species of psilocybin that grow in Alberta. If you want what they call an Alberta "Experience" it's cheaper than driving around for an Alberta Adventure.

I discourage eating mushrooms just for fun kids. Medicinal or ceremonial purposes only. Under supervision of a gardener. A good gardener tends the possible vegetables that surface.

Magic mushrooms may cause a few hours of belly laughs or primal screams. Either way it is going to be an awakening and cleansing.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-17-2018, 01:15 AM
Banned

There seems to be more and more evidence that psychedelics do in fact have some medical benefits. I've been convinced that marijuana has for cancer patients for some time, and it seems that psilocybin and other natural psychedelics can be beneficial.

The trouble is that medical science has not been able to do as much research as there should be because of the illegal standing of many of those drugs. It could be interesting to see where it may lead to.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muledriver View Post
There seems to be more and more evidence that psychedelics do in fact have some medical benefits. I've been convinced that marijuana has for cancer patients for some time, and it seems that psilocybin and other natural psychedelics can be beneficial.

The trouble is that medical science has not been able to do as much research as there should be because of the illegal standing of many of those drugs. It could be interesting to see where it may lead to.
Psilocybin is pretty hard on the kidneys. The chemical doesn't break down in the system and is evacuted by the small intestine. Psilocybin is also harmful in large doses. Overdose and death can occur.
Another natural psychedelic, peyote, is supposed to be really good for making crow's wings grow from your ears and help you take flight.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-17-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old longBow View Post
If you can remember the sixties you were not there??? that's all I'm saying.
I'm trying to read into that. Been there and done it.

Bobby
Old 06-17-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLab View Post
A few years back I watched a Documentary on the use of LSD to treat Cluster type Migraine head aches ,they filtered the active Psycho ingredients out before administering it, amazing how quickly it worked.
Similar to the reaction using CBD oils for the treatment of seizures.
They also were looking at increased creativity and concentration levels in Artists and the people in the Tech fields.
So many of our modern drugs came from plants Mother nature provides.
Like the old song goes "take a little trip and never leave the farm".
I remember seeing people lying on the green strip running between the entrance and exit highway to the Van. airport in the 70's during Mushroom season when I was driving the over pass from Richmond to Van. with their little plastic baggies ,one for the baggie ,one for me. lol
I recall the same thing in the 80's, out by the airport and by the Nature Park in Richmond, mushroom collectors out in full force.

I've only taken mushrooms a half dozen times when I was younger, and acid twice, but both times LSD changed my whole perspective on things, and not in a negative way at all.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Psilocybin is pretty hard on the kidneys. The chemical doesn't break down in the system and is evacuted by the small intestine. Psilocybin is also harmful in large doses. Overdose and death can occur.
Another natural psychedelic, peyote, is supposed to be really good for making crow's wings grow from your ears and help you take flight.
Can you give a reference for this? I could not find anything online.

https://www.drugs.com/illicit/psilocybin.html
Old 06-17-2018, 12:40 PM

Cool Lsd

I believe that Albert Hoffamn invented LSD if not he did lots of research on it
Literally LOL
Old 06-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Timothy Leary ,tune in ,turn on ,and drop out.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muledriver View Post
Can you give a reference for this? I could not find anything online.

https://www.drugs.com/illicit/psilocybin.html
Good link. I stand corrected. Wording is everything.

I should have said I was "told this" instead of "it is". A doctor in Langley BC who dealt with many mushroom heads told me this years ago. Made sense.