Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Schoenborn Caught!..

Quote:
On Monday, Kim Robinson told the CBC that every chance he had, he was taking his tracking dogs out into the woods to look for the fugitive in the valleys and mountains around Merritt.

Robinson claimed to know "every nook and cranny" of the forested hills around Merritt, including every cave, of which there are several, and every cabin in the area.

On Monday, he expressed some frustration because he had offered to help the RCMP in their search, and they told him they didn't need him at that point.
How useful were the RCMP in this situation? what i really like is how they post a warning of how he should not be approached as he is dangerous etc.... then state that he had access to a vehicle and is probably out of the area...

Instead a local with a good dollop of common sense figures it out and goes and gets it done after the RCMP refuses his services and turns the suspect in.

No wonder the respect of the RCMP is so low!... 20 years ago they would have went and got their man!....

Today they have to depend on the local redneck to do their job for them....

Ironic isn't it!....

Last edited by nekred; 04-16-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Lets remember, this is Canada and that was in BC, the Man who caught schoenborn, is a hunter and will probably be investigated for assault for tying the guy to the tree, as well they will probably run a check on him to see if his dogs are registered and if he was in possession of a firearm they will most likely check to make sure that its registered and all that nausea. In Canada we persecute our heros and this guy made the mounties look bad so watch out.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Isn't that the sad truth.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Lets remember, this is Canada and that was in BC, the Man who caught schoenborn, is a hunter and will probably be investigated for assault for tying the guy to the tree, as well they will probably run a check on him to see if his dogs are registered and if he was in possession of a firearm they will most likely check to make sure that its registered and all that nausea. In Canada we persecute our heros and this guy made the mounties look bad so watch out.
Those reports were bogus, his dog didnt attack the guy and he didnt tie him to a tree. But I agree we persecute our heros..remember that Canadian Sniper who holds the record for the longest kill? He got so much flak he left the service....
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

You dont have to tell me, he's a friend of mine we were on the same tour together he's a cop in Edmonton now and he could'nt be happier.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Today on the news they are sying he was caught by a "motorist"

This really lends weight to my theory that the mounties will only get their man if they are speeding!.....

Schoenbourn was on foot within 10k of the crime scene and was not caught!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Today on the news they are sying he was caught by a "motorist"

This really lends weight to my theory that the mounties will only get their man if they are speeding!.....

Schoenbourn was on foot within 10k of the crime scene and was not caught!
For all we know he left and came back...there were "sightings" of him from all around the province...maybe they were all fake, but it's possible there was some truth to him being in Vancouver or somewhere. Canadian media can be so vague and often downright wrong that I wouldn't believe everything I read or hear in the news...
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
For all we know he left and came back...there were "sightings" of him from all around the province...maybe they were all fake, but it's possible there was some truth to him being in Vancouver or somewhere.

I don't think he would have left; then come back with no food or water, and been caught in such bad condition he wasn't even able to walk. A big thumbs down to the RCMP's efforts; and unwillingness to accept help on this one.