Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Banned

PD.. Actually, I was refering to the fact ANY jersey from Ed is gut turning.

Jamie
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
they were wearing the absolute worst jersey in the NHL
And the Oilers still beat em

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
Worst jersey in the NHL was the flaming horse the Flamers wore, I'm assuming that Oilers retro jersey just brings you back to a time that all Flames fans despise, The Dynasty Years.
Every Oilers fan... Always gotta bring up the dynasty years
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickote316 View Post
And the Oilers still beat em

Every Oilers fan... Always gotta bring up the dynasty years
Ya mean just like every Flame's fan brings up their one Stanley Cup?
Old 10-08-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Ya mean just like every Flame's fan brings up their one Stanley Cup?
Then there's the Canucks fans. We have nothing to brag about. Yet...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickote316 View Post
Then there's the Canucks fans. We have nothing to brag about. Yet...
We have the nicest dressing room in the league!!
$3 million!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAYgNxZjd0
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
We have the nicest dressing room in the league!!
$3 million!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAYgNxZjd0
They didn't get footage of the ladies showers for the Sedin Sisters.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotter View Post
If the Sedins play like girls perhaps the Flames should be giving Hailey Wickenheiser a call. After all, she lives in Calgary.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotter View Post
To bad one of the sisters got a couple of awards last season
Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
PD.. Actually, I was refering to the fact ANY jersey from Ed is gut turning.

Jamie
LOL, I don't think the Flames' players would concur, but then again, last night they didn't get to see the logo much, just the name and numbers on the back. Just a note to all Oilers' fans, lets not get too excited, after all.....it was just the Flames. Let's see how we do against the 'Nucks.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Damn.. We stunk tonight.
After hearing that Ivanans is ok, all I can think about is the next game against the Oil.
He now has something to prove. Or perhaps it was such a bad beating that he could be gone in the AM..
Perhaps one more chance.

As for Kipper losing his jock.. Did you see the same goal I saw?
I saw a great/Fantastic move and a GT who made the proper play with a great move to his right. Unfortunately, you cant cover that kind of puck control. GREAT GOAL!!

I did notice one thing though..
The Oilers saluted there fans after the game..
WHY???
Perhaps because it was the first time in 365 day the Oilers actually had fans in the seats at the end of the game???

I hope for Ed's sake that they get to watch those kids play like that all year long. Even though they were wearing the absolute worst jersey in the NHL, it was something to watch them play.

Unfortunately, we will not get that pleasure this year...
GOOD LORD WE SUCK!!

I really don't see a lot of hope, but perhaps I will rack it up to "First night"
BLAHHHHHHH
I am going to bed.

GO STAMPS GO????

Jamie
Yes it was a great goal..and your team was dominated last night...lots of hockey to play but boy that felt good.
As for the jerseys...you guys embraced the Flaming Snot Donkey ..so you best just zip it...
As for shooting your self in the head...prob a good idea if any of the Lames tried it the bullet would miss by 3 ft...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Seems like the guys in the dressing room are already goofn on each other...funny stuff..

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip358537#clip358537

Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Seems like the guys in the dressing room are already goofn on each other...funny stuff..

LMAO...thanks for posting that Kanon, i just seen it for the first time...pretty funny bunch of guys
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Kannon, we had company over tonight and a wack of kids causing chaos around here and only caught that piece partially and very nearly fell off of the tricycle I was riding (long story and don't even ask about the cowboy hat..........)

I nearly friggin' fainted at first, and put my fist through Horcoff's face on my shiny new TV. Thankfully, by the time Hall came on, I had beaten all of the children into a quiet submission a caught the joke.

It's going to be another tough season W/L wise, but it's going to be fun to watch for a change.

Last night's win was not only great for the club, but the biggest boost the city has had and needed in a long time. Really needed.....

Thankfully Ivanans should be ok.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 PM

Flames still suck
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM

btt....... so canuck fans can tell us how good they are......
Old 10-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

Good God, the Flames look like a peewee hockey club out there. Iggy...is he afraid to hit?? And Kipper!! Holy cow. Laughable on Hemsky's goal.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Good God, the Flames look like a peewee hockey club out there. Iggy...is he afraid to hit?? And Kipper!! Holy cow. Laughable on Hemsky's goal.
I thought they looked OK. A bit more drive tonight and it was enjoyable to watch the game. But then I realized they were playing the worst team in all of hockey last year.

A guy had better enjoy these games because I am afraid they will be far and few.

I cant find the clip, but did I see Kipper slide to his right with a outstretched stick only to stop a low hard drive?

Nice head shot tonight..... CHEAP!!!

Jamie
Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 PM

If your whining about the Gilbert penalty it was hardly cheap hell it was a questionable call at best..if you want cheap the hit on Smid by Morrison in the numbers and he left his feet..that was CHEAP.... you guys were supposed to wipe the floor with us this year..and you barely beat us and we owned you last game..what gives? Perhaps your team is just that bad??
Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
I thought they looked OK. A bit more drive tonight and it was enjoyable to watch the game. But then I realized they were playing the worst team in all of hockey last year.

A guy had better enjoy these games because I am afraid they will be far and few.

I cant find the clip, but did I see Kipper slide to his right with a outstretched stick only to stop a low hard drive?

Nice head shot tonight..... CHEAP!!!

Jamie
That was no head shot in my opinion. Tonight in my Midget game, a kid probably 5'3" dumped the puck in my corner, and I took the body on him and got a charging calling, why? Sorry I'm 6'3" and he was skating with his head down, exactly like what happened. Yeah, sure he had his shoulder in his head, but is it his fault his head was down and at shoulder height? Gilbert was taking the body and his shoulder hit his head, don't see anything wrong. There was no intent to take his head off, hitting high with his hands up. Just a solid hit that his head got in the way.
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
If your whining about the Gilbert penalty it was hardly cheap hell it was a questionable call at best..if you want cheap the hit on Smid by Morrison in the numbers and he left his feet..that was CHEAP.... you guys were supposed to wipe the floor with us this year..and you barely beat us and we owned you last game..what gives? Perhaps your team is just that bad??
Kanon, I also think Morrisons shot was garbage. He didn't just leave his feet, it looked like he tried to pole vault over him.

Yes our team is that bad. My god we could only just beat you. And you guys really suck.

These 2 teams are going to be so far in the basement, you are going to need a sump pump to find them. EWWWWWWW...

But come on That was a CHEAP head shot and it will result in at least a fine.
Nothing but the usual nastiness when these teams meet.

Jamie
Old 10-17-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Nothing but the usual nastiness when these teams meet.

Jamie
What?? Last night's game looked like the pillowfight of Alberta, the Flames didn't want to throw a hit the entire first period, and the Oil weren't any better. As for Gilbert, other than the Stajan hit (which will result in nothing IMO), he's so soft he should be doing Royale bath tissue ads instead of the fluffy white cats.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfish View Post
What?? Last night's game looked like the pillowfight of Alberta, the Flames didn't want to throw a hit the entire first period, and the Oil weren't any better. As for Gilbert, other than the Stajan hit (which will result in nothing IMO), he's so soft he should be doing Royale bath tissue ads instead of the fluffy white cats.
Roumour has Gilbert wears a Stay Puff Marshmallow Tshirt under his pads...the hit on Stajan wasnt dirty in any way and wont even get a slap on the wrist..Stajan was stretched down low and Gilbert hit him clean with the shoulder...
Old 10-23-2010, 02:37 PM
waylow

I was at west edmonton mall a couple weeks ago and I had two tickets to the oilers game that night. Anyways, the fool that I am, I left them on my dash. Well I came out and noticed glass all around the truck and thought, oh crap my tickets! Anyways turned out there were two more extra tickets on my dash. I guess nobody wants to go to an oilers game.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylow View Post
I was at west edmonton mall a couple weeks ago and I had two tickets to the oilers game that night. Anyways, the fool that I am, I left them on my dash. Well I came out and noticed glass all around the truck and thought, oh crap my tickets! Anyways turned out there were two more extra tickets on my dash. I guess nobody wants to go to an oilers game.
lmao...good one, but at least we are the first canadian city to bring out the cheerleaders, so things are looking up,lol.

They didnt get the points last game, but they looked pretty good against the wild...if they could only hit the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Banned

Did you guys see the size of our new Back up GT??

THAT GUY IS HUGE!!!!!

Good first game for him and glad to see the top guys start to score. Lets see if it lasts.

I am taking my wonderful daughter out for our B-days to the Oilers game on Tuesday. I wonder if our so called tough guy can make it back by then. If so.. He fights and represents the team or he needs to be gone.

Jamie
Old 10-23-2010, 03:50 PM

Turn on your TV to HNIC tonight for the first game and you'll watch some VERY good hockey in the Leafs.....they are truly an exciting team to watch these days!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:37 PM

The bubble has burst on the leafs season already, the offence is drying up. The will continue their fall tonight

On a side note, does anyone else who watched the game last saturday have the same opinion as me.... CBC colour commentator Kevin Weekes has a 97% chance of having a half naked poster of Jordan Eberle taped to the roof above his bed. It was brutal how he went out of his way to praise simple plays of his. Or on the oilers PP when the finally get the puck in the O-zone 1.5 minutes into it, and get a half broken play chance, Kevin W decides to pipe up about how the oilers offence brought their "A" game and intensity tonight. ummmmm, they had done nothing in that game so far..... Brutal game calling.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 PM

He is BRUTAL all around!!! They both are brutal and it sucks that we in the west have to suffer through them!!! He was calling Hall Adam Hall most of the night and Jokinen was Kotalik.

Last edited by goober; 10-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
Turn on your TV to HNIC tonight for the first game and you'll watch some VERY good hockey in the Leafs.....they are truly an exciting team to watch these days!
I watched it.....but for some reason i didnt see what you're seeing...lol
Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
He is BRUTAL all around!!! They both are brutal and it sucks that we in the west have to suffer through them!!! He was calling Hall Adam Hall most of the night and Jokinen was Kotalik.
Talk about BRUTAL...how about watching a fast oiler line....then Penner comes on the ice...my god someone needs to fill his pants with firecrackers

Tags
ducks