Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 AM

Default New Procedure for 2014 Fishing Regs

A new procedure for 2014 has been released. It will come in the new regs. A copy of the procedure is attached here. A source at srd has confirmed as of 02/30/2014 all fish kept in alberta will need to go through this processing to help record and manage populations. I can't post the link so this is a run down instead:
It entails to removal of the walleye ear bones (full process will be provided with this years regs) with full records of the fish including a photo, length, and water body it came from, if possible gps coordinates would be appreciated. Anglers are required to use nitrile gloves when handling the samples to prevent contamination. The knife used needs to be washed with a mild detergent, rinsed 3times then rinsed with vinegar. You should be wearing your gloves for this. All samples are to be stored in a cool place in the provided cryovile until they can be dropped off at the closest fish and wildlife office. I'll post the actual process later.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 AM

Bahahaha...... Ill just keep having my fresh walleye shipped from sask.....!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:33 AM

What's the date today?

There are no absolutes
Old 04-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
A new procedure for 2014 has been released. It will come in the new regs. A copy of the procedure is attached here. A source at srd has confirmed as of 02/30/2014 all fish kept in alberta will need to go through this processing to help record and manage populations. I can't post the link so this is a run down instead:
It entails to removal of the walleye ear bones (full process will be provided with this years regs) with full records of the fish including a photo, length, and water body it came from, if possible gps coordinates would be appreciated. Anglers are required to use nitrile gloves when handling the samples to prevent contamination. The knife used needs to be washed with a mild detergent, rinsed 3times then rinsed with vinegar. You should be wearing your gloves for this. All samples are to be stored in a cool place in the provided cryovile until they can be dropped off at the closest fish and wildlife office. I'll post the actual process later.

Thats true , but he forgot to mention , only Natives will be allowed to paticipate , because no one else will be allowed to keep fish at all in Alberta from now on.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:10 AM

april fools!!!!