Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
First thing you have said that I agree with.

GO Oilers GO
doesn't surprise me at all
Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 AM

Terrace BC.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Hoochie Papa

Wow. Where was Edmonton last night? Not that I didn't see the Flames win coming, but it was like a practice with a Bantam league.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Yeah - I only saw the highlights but it sure looked like it was a one-sided battle.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

Well since it was only Pre season, the thumping Calgary gave Ed does not really count... BUT IT SURE FEELS GOOD!!!

I cant understand why some talking heads think that Ed and Calgary are going to battle for 1st. I am just wondering if Ed can squeak into the playoffs. And though I love my Flames 1st in this divsion is a big order.

Flames really pumped up in the off season. I like the flavour of this team. The Dome will be Hell on visiting teams this year. Between this hard grind em up style and the crazy fans.. Teams will not want to play here.

Jamie
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

The Oil are very soft this year. With the new owner coming in i thought for sure they would make some decent aquisitions in the off season Erik cole and Visnovsky (sp??) are hardly worth writing home about. The Flames look really good this year.

I was disappointed that Edm never kept Glencross. He was really lighting up that 4th line real good towrds the end of last year. he will do well with the Flames me thinks.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:07 AM

Yep - Glencross was a good pickup for the Flames. I have a hard time believing that we've seen the Oilers potential yet. If you look at what they did at the end of last season with all of the injuries they had, then they seem to have a lot of potential this year. Especially since they dropped some guys that had been dead weight for the last couple seasons (Stoll et. al.). I agree that they look pretty soft so far but the NHL has plenty of good teams that aren't super tough.

The truth is the NW is an absolute crap-shoot this year. I wouldn't count any of the teams out of winning the division.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

I sure wish Jason Smith was still an Oiler and i was also disappointed that they never got Laraques back in the off season. Overall i really like the way the Flames look compared to the Oilers this year. We'll see how it all plays out.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 AM

This is supposed to be a hockey thread so lets talk about real hockey. Detroit and Montreal last night. Once again Carey Price showed what he is capable of and with Montreal's speed and firepower they are going to be some good this year.

Jamie as for teams being scared of playing in Calgary, when Montreal plays them, Laraque and Komisarek will go out and clean the ice with a few of the Flames players and then they will be scared to step onto the ice after that!

Cannot wait for the season to start.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

Carey Price is a 21 year old being thrown to the wolves at an early age with all of Montreal on his shoulders. It all blew up in his face last year and this year will be no different. I do like the way Montreal looks other than that though.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Wow...5-1 now..that's embarassing if I was a Flames fan. lol Now now, I know it's the preseason, but in the words of Jamie, it still feels good Our whole top line, both defence and offence, aren't playing. Crazy. Looking forward to opening day!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

opps...6-1 now. I just can't keep up. Our young guns are really looking great! All of them! I think you guys will be in for a surprise from the Nucks this year!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Thanks BB416 for once again giving us a playground!

It's gonna be a great season. Vancouver is going to suck, toronto is going to suck, and the 'Battle of Alberta' could be the best its been in many many years.

Of course the wings will repeat, but let the games begin.

Tree

PS Crosby is 100%. My little bro worked some of the physio with him this summer.
Vancouver sure sucked tonight, didn't they? Easy to see the Flamers were missing Bert's speed down the left side. Looks like the Flamers will be back to eating Canuck dust this year, but hey, if they can win a few fights maybe nobody will notice the score!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 AM

Cough, Cough. Oh, here it comes again "GO CANUCKS GO".

Maybe they should give Kiper a different stick, see if he can score a goal, cause we know he cant save one.

Cheers
Addict
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM

Yep - not to many comments from the Flames fans. I know it's only pre-season but if the score had been the other way I'm sure we would have heard it from you guys. addictedtohunting and dss44 - hope to see you on here again on Oct 9th and 11th (first couple games of the season, both against the flames).

f course - it would be pretty Canuck-like to win 5 in a row pre-season and go 0-5 to start the regular season. Lets hope this team is for real. Oops - there go my hopes again.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Love how we didn't have any of our top 4 dmen in...they had all 4 of their top...and Mason Raymond made Dion "amazing and unstoppable" Phaneuf look like a pylon! This looks like a real good young team guys
Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Love how we didn't have any of our top 4 dmen in...they had all 4 of their top...and Mason Raymond made Dion "amazing and unstoppable" Phaneuf look like a pylon! This looks like a real good young team guys
WOW was Raymond fast, I hope he can stay healthy
Old 10-02-2008, 05:11 PM

Better not count the chickens too soon. However, Nazzy didn't do much for the esprit des corps last year, but Luongo...it's different story this year.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Nhl

seeing this is an NHL thread and not just a 3 team thread . i will say to them young guns in chicago . GO HAWKS GO.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

Why did Eds so called coach get the boot? Did Harvey tick him off again?

Jamie
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM

Ok I am back what did I miss????
Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Leafs fans must be happy......

Nice tribute before the Canucks/Flames game.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 AM

Love how since the Flames got completely embarassed tonight no flamers fans are talking...6-0...even worse than the last game...and who said the nucks dont have any scoring...geeze!! Whooop!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 AM

Hot dam! That was a pleasure to watch for this Canucks fan. I expect that the next one will be a little closer.

It's been a while since the nucks have had a team that skates hard and has some heart.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:41 AM

Hat's off to the Canuck's organization for paying tibute to Luc Bordon tonight. Very classy, and the presentation to the family of Luc's 'shirt off his back' game worn jersy was very touching. You guys earned alot of respect tonight from an Oilers fan. Well done, and great game. Kipper gotta get back on the nose candy again or he'll be gone by the deadline.

Tree
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
Hot dam! That was a pleasure to watch for this Canucks fan. I expect that the next one will be a little closer.

It's been a while since the nucks have had a team that skates hard and has some heart.
They have a guy that can skate?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverboy View Post
The Oil are very soft this year. With the new owner coming in i thought for sure they would make some decent aquisitions in the off season Erik cole and Visnovsky (sp??) are hardly worth writing home about. The Flames look really good this year.

I was disappointed that Edm never kept Glencross. He was really lighting up that 4th line real good towrds the end of last year. he will do well with the Flames me thinks.
Losing Torres and Stoll and replacing that with visnovisky and cole?????? Seem rather eaqual in the tough department to me...not to mention Mcintyer who should make the club...and Strudwick. The team is certainly tougher now than it was at any point last year!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverboy View Post
Carey Price is a 21 year old being thrown to the wolves at an early age with all of Montreal on his shoulders. It all blew up in his face last year and this year will be no different. I do like the way Montreal looks other than that though.
He took his team rather deep into the playoffs and as much as I was uncertain about their move to keep him right out of camp it was the right one. I'm unsure where you get your sports info but your impressions of the league dont seem to jive with the populous
Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannie View Post
They have a guy that can skate?
I said skate hard, not skate fast. They do have a few fast guys though (since you asked) - Raymond is likely one of the quickest guys in the league.

I agree with you about Price. I think he's the real deal. He's very young for a goalie but he has consistently found ways to win at every level and he definitely wasn't the main reason Montreal lost in the playoffs last year.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:15 AM

oh ya ! What a game! only got to watch the first period, but was very confident after shuttin down the television.

Cheers
Addict