Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
In one sentence you are demanding that officer come forward and tell the truth and then in another you state they already admitted to committing criminal acts.
The RCMP have admitted what they did, and that they had no authorization from the minister to carry out those actions, they just haven't admitted that it was illegal for them to do so. The seem to think that as the RCMP, they can do as they please.

Quote:
I wondering what legal advice the government received from their inhouse lawyers prior to publically supporting the actions of the RCMP.
As arrogant as Redford is, why would you assume that she is smart enough to consult with lawyers, before making those statements? Like the RCMP, she apparently feels that she can do what she pleases, and still keep her job.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Default OK

It is clearly evident that my earlier post suggesting that you have already found the RCMP guilty was accurate. So for me to further suggest to you that we should wait to see the results of the inquiry would be pointless.

To further complicate the issue you are already stating that the inquiry will be bias, untruthful, and pointless. The only way I can see you satisfied is if they skipped the inquiry and went straight to firing people.

Oh well, have a happy Saturday.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Everybody sees this the way they want to see it. It's a pretty sensitive issue for some.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
It is clearly evident that my earlier post suggesting that you have already found the RCMP guilty was accurate. So for me to further suggest to you that we should wait to see the results of the inquiry would be pointless.

To further complicate the issue you are already stating that the inquiry will be bias, untruthful, and pointless. The only way I can see you satisfied is if they skipped the inquiry and went straight to firing people.

Oh well, have a happy Saturday.
The pony police and the media convict gunowners of crimes before the court date. We are even convicted in the court of public opinion when the prosecutors quietly drop the charges. Why shouldn't firearms owners be a little overzealous in their treatment of the cops, when the cops go after us with vehement hatred?

The police have learned well from their dealings with unsanctioned gangs, NEVER TALK TO INVESTIGATORS.

The cops stepped in it, period. Now the raw raw squad steps in to tell us how noble and grand their actions were. Pathetic.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 02-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Based on the RCMP's own admissions, I am convinced that the break ins and seizures were not legal, as our laws are written. However, that doesn't mean, that the government won't find, or create, some legality that they can twist, to at least somewhat justify the actions of the RCMP. I certainly do not expect that all guilty parties will be charged and tried for their actions, or even be fired from their jobs, rather I hope that the inquiry will bring enough attention to at least result in the RCMP thinking twice before deciding to repeat their actions, and perhaps the government will at least make some effort to rein in the RCMP, in the future, so such an incident does not occur again.
Of course the best possible outcome, would be for the person than gave the orders, to be charged, and tried, and fined/imprisoned if convicted. This would put some fear into the other people that might consider giving such orders in the future.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Based on the RCMP's own admissions, I am convinced that the break ins and seizures were not legal, as our laws are written. However, that doesn't mean, that the government won't find, or create, some legality that they can twist, to at least somewhat justify the actions of the RCMP. I certainly do not expect that all guilty parties will be charged and tried for their actions, or even be fired from their jobs, rather I hope that the inquiry will bring enough attention to at least result in the RCMP thinking twice before deciding to repeat their actions, and perhaps the government will at least make some effort to rein in the RCMP, in the future, so such an incident does not occur again.
Of course the best possible outcome, would be for the person than gave the orders, to be charged, and tried, and fined/imprisoned if convicted. This would put some fear into the other people that might consider giving such orders in the future.
It's unfortunate that none of this will ever happen. It will be white washed, further cementing the "above the law" mentality, into police minds.

Canadians are along way from the bottom of the slippery slope, but we are accelerating towards it.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 02-01-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
The pony police and the media convict gunowners of crimes before the court date. We are even convicted in the court of public opinion when the prosecutors quietly drop the charges. Why shouldn't firearms owners be a little overzealous in their treatment of the cops, when the cops go after us with vehement hatred?

The police have learned well from their dealings with unsanctioned gangs, NEVER TALK TO INVESTIGATORS.

The cops stepped in it, period. Now the raw raw squad steps in to tell us how noble and grand their actions were. Pathetic.
Well said.Unfortunately this is the way it seems to be.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post

Perception is reality.
And of course nobody is much interested in a family spending a safe quality day at the range or hunting.
Nobody wishes to see Joe Blows gun safe or his community service awards.

Face it...an employed responsible, crime free hobbiest just isn't as flashy as some half witt drunk or addict with a criminal record dating back to the cradle.

Naturally the interest in guns leads to the conclusion that the guys they see on TV... must be typical of firearms owners.

Just like very guy with long hair, a beard, black leathers and a harley must belong to the Hells Angels or some other outlaw club.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Perception is reality.
And of course nobody is much interested in a family spending a safe quality day at the range or hunting.
Nobody wishes to see Joe Blows gun safe or his community service awards.

Face it...an employed responsible, crime free hobbiest just isn't as flashy as some half witt drunk or addict with a criminal record dating back to the cradle.

Naturally the interest in guns leads to the conclusion that the guys they see on TV... must be typical of firearms owners.

Just like very guy with long hair, a beard, black leathers and a harley must belong to the Hells Angels or some other outlaw club.
And unlike organizations, that protect their members, when they commit illegal acts, just because they are members, all firearms owners, won't protect that half whit drunk or addict with a criminal record, when he breaks the law, just because he is a fellow firearms owner.

It may only be a small percentage of RCMP officers that are rotten apples, but when the organization protects those few rotten apples, rather than toss them out of the barrel, people are going to treat the barrel, like all of the apples are rotten.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-01-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
And unlike organizations, that protect their members, when they commit illegal acts, just because they are members, all firearms owners, won't protect that half whit drunk or addict with a criminal record, when he breaks the law, just because he is a fellow firearms owner.

It may only be a small percentage of RCMP officers that are rotten apples, but when the organization protects those few rotten apples, rather than toss them out of the barrel, people are going to treat the barrel, like all of the apples are rotten.
Bingo, its time to disband the RCMP and start from scratch. The good members that they have will resurface in another agency,whether that be federal or provincial. Thses are the folks we want in law not the bad apples giving all members a bad rap
Old 02-01-2014, 03:38 PM

Does anyone know who the panel members of this public inquiry are: How they were chosen for this panel, and who chose them? I just haven't seen anything on the make up of this panel, and what their qualifications are. Maybe someone out there has that information or could direct me to it.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM

I spent some time on the weekend checking into this Commission of Public Complaints against the RCMP. From what I have seen only the chairman is identified, and he got his job by appointment. In their Complaint and review Process Flow Chart, it shows this group can only make recommendations to the 'Commissioner of the RCMP' who at that point may make some changes to the RCMP's procedures or not at "his discretion.
It would seem that this group has no real powers to force any changes. therefore waiting for their report in the fall is a big waist of time. In my view only a judicial inquiry will resolve this issue, and Peter Mckay (spelling may be off) must act, now before too much time passes.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 AM

i, in no way, shape or form condone the actions of the rc's in high river. it seems that a high percentage of people would like to see the rcmp disbanded.
my question is this: assuming you could wave a magic wand and make them disappear; what is the solution for a replacement?
i have struggled for an answer myself; nothing logical or foolproof has come to mind.
people need to remember that human nature is what it is; power and greed are the driving factors for most things that draw air, lee
Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 PM

I have a great deal of respect for the RCMP, They are for the most part a very Profession police force. I do not respect the Provincial gov't that is pulling their strings, This is what has to be reigned in, and only the federal gov't can do this. It will be a sad world to live in if we let the FREEDOM that our Fathers and Forefathers fought and died for, be trampled into the dust by personal political interests.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:

And you seemingly can't wrap your head around the fact that not all RC's are bad people. Much like all firearm owners such as you and I don't commit crimes with our firearms. Folks often ask why the current force isn't what it used to be 30 or some odd years ago. My answer is that society isn't what it used to be either, so an adjustment was made as a result, on both sides of the fence. Sad, but that's the world we live in unfortunately.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
And you seemingly can't wrap your head around the fact that not all RC's are bad people.
Obviously you didn't comprehend the statement of mine below, that you yourself quoted.

Quote:
It may only be a small percentage of RCMP officers that are rotten apples
That statement seems to be quite clear.

Quote:
. Much like all firearm owners such as you and I don't commit crimes with our firearms.
The difference between you and I and the RCMP , is that when a civilian gun owner commits a crime, you and I don't support them committing those crimes, and we don't lie or withhold evidence, to help them cover up their crimes.
On the other hand, the RCMP force generally chooses to support their members , even when they have committed illegal acts. As well, it is common for individual officers to withhold evidence against other officers, or to help to cover up their illegal activities.

How can the public be expected to trust an organization, that chooses to help to cover up the illegal activities of some of it's members? If you can't trust the organization, how can you be expected to trust the members of that organization?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:11 PM

If this issue is not resolved satisfactorily, be prepared to lose more rights and freedoms.
We can't afford to be silent on this one, and expect right will prevail.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Banned

Quote:

Its the barrel.

It taints even the good apples.

We need whistle blower protection laws and a top to bottom rebuild.