Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Thanks for doing this, but to me it is pointless. A smaller range out to 350yds would show the differences in inches that actually count in a varmint shooting situation. It's a game of small differences that matter.

I prefer to shoot the 40gr vmax as fast as I can push it from my 22-250 for yotes. For trajectory and flight time for runners.

I'd like to try the 204 for yotes, but haven't yet. I know my 223s work good on em, I just think my 22-250 works better.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2381 View Post
Thanks for doing this, but to me it is pointless. A smaller range out to 350yds would show the differences in inches that actually count in a varmint shooting situation. It's a game of small differences that matter.

I prefer to shoot the 40gr vmax as fast as I can push it from my 22-250 for yotes. For trajectory and flight time for runners.

I'd like to try the 204 for yotes, but haven't yet. I know my 223s work good on em, I just think my 22-250 works better.
Ya there definitely is no limit to how many ways one can represent information, and everyone has different criteria as to how it should be judged. I mean there is absolutely no point im trying to make with this thread because its so open to interpretation. Some want 1000 yard representation, others 350. There is absolutely zero NEW information in the charts, its just displayed differently then ive really seen before. Like i said earlier, its totally up to each to decide what combination "won". And seeing as how I work for a living, time to compute so many graphs is short! But again, as i said earlier, the graphs are all averaged velocities, comparing one bullet in each, and more so geared to the part of the market majority. Comparing tweaked loads for peak performance in each would be interesting, but im just not gonna go down that road.I am really enjoying the feedback though!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM

You are so right - it's all about personal interpretation of the subject. Had the same discussion on CGN a week or so ago - the 22-250 guys get defensive and say just buy one with a fast twist - but if you are shooting what you've got ...

They are all great guns, just go out and shoot em!