Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Default S.E. Mule deer

Looking for some info on mule deer in the south east corner of the province. This would be an archery hunt in September. I have always been interested in the prairie units. Im new to archery hunting but really looking to go all in.

Looking at the zones east of Lethbridge and south of the trans Canada. So roughly zones 102-106 and 112-118?

How are the deer populations down that way? Would it be worth it to have a WT tag in your pocket as well?

How is access? Are there places that are public a guy could get in on to supplement private access?

Where would some good places to stay be. Either out of a tent or a trailer? Preferably some where that is close to a butcher in case the weather is hot. Maybe some camp grounds I could convince the wife to stay at this summer for scouting purposes.

I know it’s early to be thinking about stuff like this. I just wanna get a jump start on the logistics and hopefully be able to firm some stuff up. Any insight of the area or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks