Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2019, 03:11 PM

Default Rental of dress clothes

Not interested in buying clothes that I will never wear. Anyone aware of where to rent dress clothes from? Just looking for a nice jacket and pants not a suit or tux.

Thanks,
Old 08-21-2019, 03:17 PM

Try Moores
Old 08-21-2019, 03:35 PM

Just buy one of those tuxedo t shirts.
It says "I'm formal, but I'm here to party"
Old 08-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Maybe try a thrift store like Value Village or one of those Women in Need thrift shops, that type of clothing is rarely worn to the point it’s ragged. I doubt rental places do much aside from wedding and graduation gear.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:10 PM

In a city like Calgary, it might be a business idea.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-21-2019, 06:54 PM

Lots of places do this,Black and Lees.

Most men should lease everything in life,home, jewelry, cars, including even her clothing. First you shack up and if it doesn't work pack up and then you have nothing to fight about. Some get Married an F/// up and that's when leasing or renting is a blessing. Specially with all the internet over seas brides in this day and age.Once they find out everything doesn't belong to you or her,loves little fire will be tested if it's real.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:57 PM

In my opinion every man should own at least one black suit. It will get worn more than once. If you want a nice jacket and pants, isn't that technically a suit?

When we were in Derks last month getting my wedding party fitted for wedding suits, there was a guy in there renting a suit for a wedding that was happening in 2 hours. He was a guest so he wasn't getting anything fancy. The boys paid $150/ea for the suit rental. I had a suit custom made from Suits by Curtis Eliot for about $1000.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Lots of places do this,Black and Lees.

Most men should lease everything in life,home, jewelry, cars, including even her clothing. First you shack up and if it doesn't work pack up and then you have nothing to fight about. Some get Married an F/// up and that's when leasing or renting is a blessing. Specially with all the internet over seas brides in this day and age.Once they find out everything doesn't belong to you or her,loves little fire will be tested if it's real.
If it flies, floats or f##ks, you rent it!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
If it flies, floats or f##ks, you rent it!
Now your talken,i do know a guy who did this and after 5 tries he still has cash and lawyer fee's are low.Haha
Old 08-21-2019, 07:05 PM

Where are you located? And your height and weight? I have all sorts, i could lend out if need be.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:43 PM

Same as above,

Where are you and height, weight, inseam. I may have a suit you can have.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 08-23-2019, 07:12 AM

I wandered through a value village last night and there’s some decent sport coats and dress pants there. $20 would go a long way. I also scored this truck organizer for $4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2019, 09:00 AM

I'm a big supporter of Value Village as I've found a lot of high quality, lightly worn casual clothes there. Having taken a look at their jackets and dress pants, I can't say that I'd recommend buying your dress clothes from there. If you absolutely don't care about how you look in it, go ahead! You'll be able to walk out of there having spent less than $50 on pants, shirt, jacket and shoes.

I think you'll find that you feel pretty good in a well-fitting suit. For the price you'll pay to rent something, you can probably get something altered off the rack for a few hundred dollars more. I know Moore's often has suits for about $400, and also hold BOGO sales frequently.