Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-31-2012, 11:06 PM

Default Safe Sales & DELIVERY in Calgary Area

Folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a vendor who sells good quality safes that also does delivery and installations in your house? I'm looking for a good size safe 15-20 real rifles w/ scopes, something I can't carry down the stairs and would like professionally installed.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 AM

There is a locksmith just off the corner of Kensington and 14th street. I popped in there the other day as I was walking by, doing my Christmas shopping. The service was excellent and that had a few decent safes (at reasonable prices) suitable for firearms.

Always Affordable Locksmiths
403-272-8923
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 AM

Thank you very much, they appear to have a good selection of safes....email sent to them asking if they do delivery / install.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM

For moving them, there's Richard at Precision Movers 403-540-4393; he moves safes & piano's in addition to regular household and office moves. I can't say whether he'll install, but he'll sure get it to where you want. Disclosure: he's my quasi brother-in-law. He does have some safes for sale, but I don't know his inventory; I think they primarily lean towards the heavier burglary safes rather than gun safes.

When you say install, are you referring to anchoring it to the concrete floor, or just lag-bolting it to a wall? Whichever fastening method you choose, keep in mind you may wish to elevate it as that will assist it in resisting potential flood damage in a typical basement installation (those bolt holes in the bottom will allow water in). The drawback is that elevating it on strips assists in people getting pry tools underneath (however unlikely this is, you bought a safe in the first place, right?). I'd recommend elevating on a solid base, such as plywood cut to the footprint size.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check them out....I might end up building and if I do I would get the builder to pour an elevated concrete block in the corner of the basement where my reloading will happen.....will give me something stable to tie into and flood protection all in one.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Oh geesh, I didn't notice you were in Ft Mac when I responded, I coulda sworn I saw Calgary as your location. If you're building you could just get a vault door and pour walls to a whole vault room .

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-vaul...fes-ps-13.html

For resale it could be called a secure wine cellar

Edit: Duhhh, it was your thread title that noted Calgary......

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-01-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Sorry for the confusion......I'm in FMM now and have 2 small safes that were built into my basement when it was finished a few years back. I've been told there is a strong chance of me getting transferred to Cgy this summer so starting to plan what we'd do in terms of a move, new house, etc. I've convinced the wife that I need one big, heavy, secure safe but I'm not into trying to move something 500-1000 lbs down a set of stairs and pushing into place, so looking for a place to buy and pro's who specialize in moving heavy items.

Thought about a custom pour entire room but that was a no fly. Last time got away with a re-enforced room with plywood under drywall, re-bar, and solid core door. Only way to tell from the outside it's different is if someone noticed the door was a bit more skookum and has a deadbolt and walls are thicker than normal.