Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Default Like to learn about trapping

hey im just a young guy interested in trapping , i used to snare squirrel on a friends property in ontario when i was young, i dont want my own line or anything but i want to know what i have to do to be legal to trap , im doing odd jobs for an old trapper i think hes interested in me helping bring back his old line but i dont know the man doesnt say much kinda grumpy but wise so im gonna stick around , i just like being outdoors and willing to learn all aspects to the bush life haha thanks

"Everything you do in life will be insignificant, but its important that you do it" -GHANDI
Old 06-10-2012, 11:13 AM

Has anyone contacted this fellow?? I hope so!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice94 View Post
hey im just a young guy interested in trapping , i used to snare squirrel on a friends property in ontario when i was young, i dont want my own line or anything but i want to know what i have to do to be legal to trap , im doing odd jobs for an old trapper i think hes interested in me helping bring back his old line but i dont know the man doesnt say much kinda grumpy but wise so im gonna stick around , i just like being outdoors and willing to learn all aspects to the bush life haha thanks
they all grumpy. can`t have the youngsters think you like em.If you allowed there more than once you are O.K.Bet he`s waiting for you to step up,eh'
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Show a little initiative and go take the Alberta trappers coarse , and let him know you passed. Maybe he is not aware of how interested you are in trapping, by taking the coarse you just may learn the things you want to know???
Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Trappers Course

I see you are in Whitecourt. Maybe make a day trip and go see Gord Klassen in Debolt. He has a trapping supply store there and runs a course every once in a while from his property near there. I took the course a few years ago and likewise - I was pretty green when it came to trapping and I was able to learn alot from the few days I spent there. Gord's a top notch guy and will do his best to teach you what he can in a 4-5 day course. Feel free to PM me and I will see what info I have from when I took it. Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 PM

If your interested the peace river local will most likely holding a course in the fall.