Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 02:05 PM

Default Losing Rod Down Hole and Getting It Back!

Here is a pretty funny video catching a beauty trout on the new Dynamic Lures jig and unfortunately dropping my rod down the hole. Don't let this happen to you. But if it does here is how I got it back as well.

The lure was made by Dynamic Lures Trout Attack Micro Soft Swimbait. Working well through the ice for me.

A fellow angler from Alberta bumped into me out on the ice that day. Always nice to meet you guys out there. Don't be shy if you see a tripod on ice probably me out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wgHxJsVo0E

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 02-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Classic!

Glad you got your rod back.

Great videos. Keep them coming!
Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM

Right On.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:55 PM

Great vid, my brother in law gimli spent 2 hours drilling/searchingafter he lost his rod down a hole. No success on retrieving his favourite rod.
Lol was entertaining not gonna lye.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:15 PM

Smile

Great video. A few years ago fishing off the west coast of Vancouver Island a friend caught a salmon, after playing it, netting it into the boat he saw that there was a fishing line around his line. He then pulled that line in to find another salmon on the end and further on the rod and reel. Turned out that a client on a guided boat had lost the rig overboard that morning.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:01 PM

That's awesome, thanks for sharing lol!!

I had a rod holder break while Salmon fishing in Rupert, down and out went about $1200.00. When I pulled up the cannonball with tears in my eyes there was still a line attached to the clip!
Brought everything back in. Closest I have come to a big oops.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-22-2018, 06:59 PM

Dodger
Old 02-22-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Hunter View Post
Great vid, my brother in law gimli spent 2 hours drilling/searchingafter he lost his rod down a hole. No success on retrieving his favourite rod.
Lol was entertaining not gonna lye.
Hahaha... oh yeah its a pain losing stuff you like. I spent a few hours getting my cell phone back once out of 24 feet. That was a bit of a feet. Video turned out pretty well for the retrieval as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlTYbZVi0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc8x8 View Post
Great video. A few years ago fishing off the west coast of Vancouver Island a friend caught a salmon, after playing it, netting it into the boat he saw that there was a fishing line around his line. He then pulled that line in to find another salmon on the end and further on the rod and reel. Turned out that a client on a guided boat had lost the rig overboard that morning.
That is awesome! Crazy what happens out in the ocean. Our craziest one was my brother snagged the bottom jigging for rockfish in 200 feet on Monday. On Friday he snagged the same anemone and this time it broke loose and he brought up both hooks. What are the odds??? crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
That's awesome, thanks for sharing lol!!

I had a rod holder break while Salmon fishing in Rupert, down and out went about $1200.00. When I pulled up the cannonball with tears in my eyes there was still a line attached to the clip!
Brought everything back in. Closest I have come to a big oops.
I almost did that but my rods are cheaper. I had mounted my Scotty rod holders with short screws and the one beside the trolling motor pulled out. I reached over and grabbed the rod quick as everything was taking off over board. Too many stories.

Thanks for sharing guys, I love it!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:00 PM

Great video as always.I was out at Pigeon this year when my buddy set his rod on a chair while he was getting his tackle box in the tent and had a fish yard his rod down the hole.We were super lucky that the walleye pulled the rod down between some rocks and it got stuck.We watched on the camera this walleye making circles as we tried to snag the rod thru another hole.We managed after many tries to hook the rod with a big Len Thompson and pulled the rod up with the fish still on the end.It was a 59cm walleye that was really fat.Needless to say it was a day we will always remember.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2903.jpg (57.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 02-23-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
Great video as always.I was out at Pigeon this year when my buddy set his rod on a chair while he was getting his tackle box in the tent and had a fish yard his rod down the hole.We were super lucky that the walleye pulled the rod down between some rocks and it got stuck.We watched on the camera this walleye making circles as we tried to snag the rod thru another hole.We managed after many tries to hook the rod with a big Len Thompson and pulled the rod up with the fish still on the end.It was a 59cm walleye that was really fat.Needless to say it was a day we will always remember.
That's a good one!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk