Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-07-2015, 06:23 PM

Default Edmonton

Im looking for a hunting partner for lac la biche area. Whitetail rifle hunt if any one is interested. Im leaning towards november but im flexible
Old 09-09-2015, 07:11 PM

I live in the edmonton area looking to go chicken hunting but I'm new to this and not sure where to go. I have all my own rifles and ammo.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:12 AM

Anyone in the Calgary area interested in filling a few deer/elk tags in September? Bowhunting only. I have all the gear, just need a partner or partners to split the heavy lifting and be able to watch each other's 6 in the backcountry. Too hard getting my buddies organized this year and I'm itching to get out there. I have access to a few farm leases but more interested in getting deeper into the woods so you'd have to potentially put in some work hiking and tracking. Don't need to be experienced, just need to have a good head on your shoulders. I have a few 3 day weekends coming up so looking to spend a couple overnight trips and see what we find. I like joking around and having fun out there but first things first I'm out to drop big game, so you have to be able to take things seriously. No smoking, no drugs. 30 years old, desk job throughout the week so weekends only. PM if you're interested!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Just here a newbie dont know anything about hunting have my license for over six years looking for a mentor to go hunting in thr weekends as im off work.
If anyone has the patenice to help out and guide me it will be much appreciate it. Please get back to me anytime if possible i live in calgary sw i have a shotgun and a .22 long. I gotta a truck i do drive. Im 33 years old. I dont smoke or drink. Please let me know thanks
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Default need partner

hi 60yr active hunter ie lots of walking going out to grand cache area tuesday
camper truck all the fixings just looking for company.Gets lonely all by yourself
heard 1/2 the stories i am going to tell.just same camp or actively hunting.
haven't been to the area so new to me.It's brown it's down.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 PM

i wish you were close by calgary i would have learnt a lot from you sir.
i like the quote tho lol
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 AM

I heard labs are awesome guard dogs
Old 09-17-2015, 03:39 PM

Exclamation Hunting Partner

Looking for a hunting partner to head out with me this weekend for Deer. I'm located in Edmonton but will be driving a few hours away to hunt this weekend. Looking for someone who will actually show up. Also walking / being outside for long periods of time must not be an issue.

Send me a message and we can talk from there and figure something out.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Anyone interested in taking a waterfowl newbie out? Can travel anywhere around central and southern Alberta.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:55 PM

Hey guys,
26 year old guy here, Edmonton/Sturgeon county area, newish to hunting. Shot a bear last year, that was my first (only) animal. Got a bow this year and have been practicing, sited in up to 50yds. Have a couple friends that hunt, wasn't lucky enough to be born into a family that hunts! If anyone needs a second guy or would be willing to show me some 'skills', I'm eager to get out and learn, good for lots of hiking. I'm patient, easy going, don't smoke. Willing to drive a bit.

Thanks,

Luke
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Hinton area Hunter

Hello, Im looking for anyone else in Hinton area with Kids who is looking for a hunting partner. We got a good truck, and quad. Fully self sufficient but it would be nice to have another adult in area if something ever goes wrong back in the bush.
Were going for grouse right now but hunt all season.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:37 PM

Default 406

Heading out to 406 for day trips the next couple of days with the hope of filling my WT doe tag. I will be going to foot access only areas if anyone would like to join me. I'm pretty laid back and just enjoy being out in the field.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Hey everybody!

As I've started before, this is my first year getting out in the field. I live in Edmonton, though willing to drive to gain knowledge from an experienced hunter. I'm hoping to get out next weekend, though any weekend after also works for me. I am looking to hunt most everything; waterfowl and upland are preferred for these weekend hunts as I only have a tag for anterless mule in 242, but I am open to other types as well.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Default Looking for someone to bird hunt south of edmonton

I just moved to Leduc from Saskatchewan and am looking for someone to team up with for some waterfowl action and or upland hunting. I have all the decoys and a spare blind for hunting geese. I haven't hunted grouse much but would love to get into it. Being new to the province I'd like someone to be able to show me the ropes a bit
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 AM

Default Help a 12 year old out?

Hi all,

My 12 year old wants to learn to hunt. He's passed the hunter safety course run by AHEIA and we've applied for his junior PAL. He just got a whitetail tag and his waterfowl permit.

Here's the problem: We shoot, but I don't hunt. I don't know the first thing about hunting.

Anyone willing to take us out for waterfowl or whitetail? I have my PAL and can join (as a non-hunter) to take full responsibility for my son. He is mature for his age and takes direction/instructions very well. I have also taught my kids respect for wildlife and firearms safety.

We are located in Edmonton, but can make it out to the Hinton area on weekends.

Email: george0326@hotmail.com and telephone (cell) 587-337-4821.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 AM

Default I live just west of Edmonton - out by stony plain

Hey everyone.

LOOKING FOR BOW HUNTING MENTOR

I have all my requires tickets, licenses and have my general WT tag.

I don't have much equipment but this is what I do have.

Bow (arrows,quiver, release)
Warm hunting camo clothes and footware
Camo backpack
Gps
Compass
In field knife processing kit

What I don't have is anyone to teach me. I'm looking for someone who will take me out teach me to locate, track, stalk my target, set up my shot and then once the target is down, how to dress it, skin it (as I would like the skins) I don't want it wasted, and even the whole process of getting to the butchers etc. I really need someone to pretty much hold my hand through my entire first hunt. In return I would be in debated to you, Im also willing to share half the deer meat with you if I'm blessed enough to harvest one.

I really really want to do this. I just have nobody to go to.

My availability due to work commitments.

Nov 1st - Nov 7th

Pretty much open all of December - I'm aware some small select areas are still open in December.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:52 PM

Default Calgary beginner looking for experience

Hi there, I'm a 25yr old male and I just passed my PAL and Hunters Ed. I'm not looking to go hunt this season but was wondering if there is anyone in the Calgary area willing to take me out just for the experience, as I just want to learn before harvesting anything myself... I would love to tag along on a bow hunt if there is anyone willing also. I have a bow and have been practicing but like I said, I'm not looking to harvest anything myself until I'm experienced.

I have camo/gear, very fast learner and will help with anything that needs to be done if you take me out, I would also like to learn how to field dress an animal if we were lucky enough to get anything.. I have a 4x4 truck and would use it if needed as well. I also have a fifth wheel camper that I currently use for work but will be bringing back home soon.

Hope to hear from someone and get out there!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:52 PM

Forgot to mention in my post that I don't, expect anything like meat if I join and help. All I am there for is the experience, and possibly a new friend.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 AM

Default Mule Deer or White Tail in Alberta 256

Hi Folks,

I'm from Lloydminster and would like to find a hunting partner for Mule Deer or White Tail around Lloyd. I've got Anterlerless Mule Deer Tags for area 256.

I shoot targets but have never had a successful deer hunt. So I'd be happy to go with anybody but would prefer an experienced hunter. I'm 49, have a pickup, no quad, and don't mind walking. I use a .30-30 or a .45-70

I also have an Antlered Moose tag for area 532 up in the north east corner.

I have the next 2 weeks off and can go anywhere soon.

Paul K
Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Default small game hunt

new to the hunting scene. I'm 29 , super super laid back dude who's looking to learn some new tricks to the trade..
I have a 22 Ruger and a shotgun... Im from edmonton and I'm looking to hunt some small game at the moment .. grouse etc... I have a nice spot near Peers Alberta that I drive up too thats been beyond amazing for grouse. Its better to have a quad out there which I don't anymore but the chicken trails are very easy walkable...
send me a message if you want to get out this weekend
Old 10-25-2015, 07:52 AM

Default New bird hunter with dog

I jumped thru the hoops so I could hunt pheasant and grouse. I have a small female brittany. Shes obedience trained but not trained to hunt. I would like to be able to go out with another bird hunter who could help me out with my dog and mentor me on my hunting. I'm 49 male in Lethbridge. New to hunting.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:12 PM

Default New friends

He˙ guys looking for hunting friends this year for day trips or more in ghost #412 or southern Alberta areas, just doing general W/T and mule tags(riffle). I do have some land access in 136 (Vulcan area)for general w/t

About me : male 47 from Calgary been hunting few years on and off
Do a lot of shooting, tactical training, camping, outdoors, always looking to meet new friends to teach and learn from each other, easy going. Have own gear and guns. Now let's hit a pub for some grub and go fill our freezers.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM

Default moose and elk in 521

I am a new to Alberta hunter and have a moose and elk draw in 521 and am looking for someone to go with... preferably someone who may know the area but not necessary. I am planning on going most weekends in nov and early dec. Any help with info would be greatly appreciated as well. Thx and happy Hunting
Old 11-05-2015, 08:52 PM

Hi I have my last tag to fill... Mule Buck in 406. I'm 48, in average shape...overweight but exercise every day. I have all equipment, wall tent and tipi tent. I can be available on week days or weekend. If you have a tag in 406 and you are looking for someone to go with, let me know.
Eric 403-369-3332
Old 11-06-2015, 01:01 AM

Default Just getting back into hunting

Went hunting when I was a teen for a while, just picking it back up(25 now). I have a general whitetail tag, and a mule tag for 230. Located in St. Paul. Also if any treaty persons are going out to Saskatchewan, I'd love to join, I just lost my rights to hunt in Alberta on oct. 27, but still able to in SK.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:52 PM

Anyone interested in taking a waterfowl newbie out? Can travel 2hrs around Edmonton. I have a shotgun and a blind.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Default Pick me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickysix View Post
Anyone interested in taking a waterfowl newbie out? Can travel 2hrs around Edmonton. I have a shotgun and a blind.

Newbie here too. Know it's too late for waterfowl this year, but maybe for early 2016.
Would love to find a company to hunt with.
In Calgary.
Pm me.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:50 PM

Default Whitetail and Mule

Looking for a hunting an experience hunting partner in Calgary. I'm located in the south west but I'm willing to do some driving.
I have my mule and whitetail general tags.

I am looking for someone to show me the ropes so to speak. I don't mind getting dirty and doing some heavy lifting.

Reach me at 780-861-0159
Old 11-22-2015, 08:28 PM

I am a novice hunter. I would like to tag along with an experienced hunting party so I can learn the proper skills. And maybe get my first kill.
I have been out 4 times and have seen nothing except at night.

I don't own a ohv yet but I have a big 4x4 with a winch.

If anyone is interested in teaching please let me know.

My name is David
780-203-6345
Old 11-22-2015, 08:28 PM

I live in St.Albert Alberta