Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-20-2022, 12:29 PM

Default !What or how many did you get!

What did you buy or how many, it appears that lots of people are making large purchases, almost buying in bulk, or maybe you just bought something you’ve always wanted but just haven’t got to it, with the import restrictions having taken place with tactical rifles and pistols thought I would throw it out there even tho it’s none of my business, but if you care to share, that would be great! I ended up grabbing a Glock 48 for myself and a Glock 17 for my girl, for when she receives her rpal, even tho I never really been a Glock fan!
Old 08-20-2022, 05:38 PM

Tenda Canada has some heavily priced Gen 5 Glock 22’s (adjustable and fixed sight), as well as heavily priced SW M&P’s. If someone wants to squeeze in for the “last minute” buys.

https://www.gotenda.com/product-cate...gun-inventory/
Old 08-20-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Tenda Canada has some heavily priced Gen 5 Glock 22’s (adjustable and fixed sight), as well as heavily priced SW M&P’s. If someone wants to squeeze in for the “last minute” buys.

$1500 for a cz sp-01 shadow, I couldn’t believe my eyes!! I did also notice that they are considerably more expensive than other places, it’s at the point of supply and demand I guess!
Old 08-20-2022, 05:49 PM

Yeah, no doubt. Their prices are usually in-line or better (and were just a month or two ago). Looks like adjustable sight sold out nonetheless, lol; as well as the M&P with red dot. Both were in stock when I posted.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:56 PM

I've been mostly selling actually, 9 since the announcement of the ban (all but one to friends who wanted to pick up something nice before it was too late) and only bought one. Got a Kimber 1911 Pro Carry II for my son as a grad gift. Maybe from somebody who posted on this thread....

I've looked at a couple higher end guns, that I thought I might want, but prices are insane, and quite frankly I already have quite a few really nice ones in every cartridge I could ever want. So I don't see myself as a buyer.

But you never know. I might see something that I really like, and the price won't be stupid. Doubtful, but possible.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-20-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I've been mostly selling actually, 9 since the announcement of the ban (all but one to friends who wanted to pick up something nice before it was too late) and only bought one. Got a Kimber 1911 Pro Carry II for my son as a grad gift. Maybe from somebody who posted on this thread....

I've looked at a couple higher end guns, that I thought I might want, but prices are insane, and quite frankly I already have quite a few really nice ones in every cartridge I could ever want. So I don't see myself as a buyer.

But you never know. I might see something that I really like, and the price won't be stupid. Doubtful, but possible.

Yeah those kimbers are sweet lol! Prophet River had 3 on consignment sold real quick! I think that guy who sold you that kimber should probably call the alberta cfo on Monday!
Old 08-21-2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

Prices are getting heavier, lolol. Went from $1,199 at the time of posting for a fixed sight to

Now that is about double the pre-Trudeau price bump, isn’t it?

The SW’s are still priced the same heavy (and the red dot is back in stock), $1,199 and $1,299.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:03 AM

I wanted another 1911 for a while, this time in .45 and stainless. A few weeks ago, it's all I could think about. I couldn't sleep at night. All day at work was spent searching the web and googling pictures. I was a mess. Everyone was sold out. I was calling every store with no luck. Just Chinese models in 9mm left.

I called one more place. The gun counter answered, and I asked, "do you have any 1911s?" And he said yes he only had 1, in 380, and it was not stainless. My heart sunk, I didn't know what I was going to do.

Then the mistake of a lifetime happened. I was in mid sentence, giving him my sad story, when all of a sudden the line switched to someone else. He asked "how can I help you?" I replied that I had already been helped and he had transferred my call by mistake, and that I had been looking for a 1911. I was about to end the call when he asked what caliber I was looking for. I said "45", and he said that he only had one, but it was in stainless. My frown turned upside down, and now I'm waiting for my new baby to be delivered.

Ruger sr1911

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2022, 09:42 AM

I have been scrounging ammo and components for the last 2 years. I picked up a sxp, ruger ranch, Henry 22 lever, CZ SP 01, and another Girsan Regard. Iam really tempted to grab a Sig 320. Screw the liberals buy more!
Old 08-21-2022, 10:19 AM

Great score on the sp-01, out of the over 3 dozen pistols I’ve ever owned, that’s the one I like most, and like the cz so-01, the cz shadow 2 will outshoot most shooters, so not worth the premium, unless you’re a competition shooter IMO!
Old 08-21-2022, 10:27 AM

Default Ruger made marlin

My new ruger made Marlin SBL guide gun showed up last week. I’ve been stuck at work everyday since so I havent had a chance to shoot it yet but the fit and finish is super nice!!
Old 08-21-2022, 11:27 AM

Yah I really like the SP01 I have the tactical version. I figured why re tool holsters and mags so I bought another lol. I was a sig guy for a long time. But my CZ outshoots my 226 easy.
I scored some really good deals before all this crap started.
Sug 226 elite 9mm with .22 conversion slide both unfired for 1100 and a Sig 1911 satin stainless 100 rounds fired for 600 bucks came with 400 rounds of American eagle
The wife even laughed and said good deal
Old 08-21-2022, 07:19 PM

I don’t think people should be posting what NR they own/bought. The gestapo are certainly aware of and monitoring this site.

As for restricted, I thought hard about a new 357 python but at $2g i just didn’t want it that bad. Hope it went to a good home .

I bought a red dot (yes, I wonder if those will get banned too) and a bunch of ammo though. Should have bought more by the looks of things.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:43 PM

I've wanted to buy a CZ Shadow 2 for a few years now, but just couldn't afford it at the time. When The Turd started the firesale on May 31, the prices on most guns went up, but I found a SP-01 Shadow on for the "regular" price, so I decided to pick it up. I'll spend the difference in price between my new Shadow and a Shadow 2 on a holster, grips, and spring kit. I ordered on June 7, just showed up at the post office on Friday. I can already feel how much better the trigger is on the Shadow compared to my CZ 75B, and I haven't even shot it yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-21-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I've wanted to buy a CZ Shadow 2 for a few years now, but just couldn't afford it at the time. When The Turd started the firesale on May 31, the prices on most guns went up, but I found a SP-01 Shadow on for the "regular" price, so I decided to pick it up. I'll spend the difference in price between my new Shadow and a Shadow 2 on a holster, grips, and spring kit. I ordered on June 7, just showed up at the post office on Friday. I can already feel how much better the trigger is on the Shadow compared to my CZ 75B, and I haven't even shot it yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
Well if the opportunity ever arises to purchase that shadow 2 and you want to dump the sp01, fell free to let me know lol! Amazing pistol, it out shoots me!
Old 08-21-2022, 09:20 PM

$1099 for a M&P 9 with range kit at Tenda!? Wow. I don't really want to sell mine but I only have 200 rounds through it in the last 4 years. Must be worth $800+ in this market...
Old 08-21-2022, 10:03 PM

^ They were $780 at Cabela’s before the craze and sell out (no kit, I believe). SP-01’s were priced at $1,100, if I recall correctly.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:48 AM

Not restricted, but my two large purchases this summer were my Benelli SBE3 shotgun and Springfield Waypoint 2020 rifle.

Pretty excited to have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2022, 07:35 PM

Default not too many options out there

I just bought a Remington 1911 R1 for $1200. and it's used
Old 08-30-2022, 06:06 PM

Default Blew the budget

I bought three 9mm semi auto handguns after the Turd decided to end the fun. Two purchased June 4th, one on July 5th. Had the first one in my hands in three weeks, next in 5 weeks, but it's now seven + weeks since the July purchase and I haven't heard a word on that transfer. Just sold one, the other two will stay until the end. I decided I liked striker fired polymer framed guns better than all metal, hence one had to go. FWIW, I kept a Canik TP9 SF (fantastic gun for less than $600 at that time) and am awaiting a Walther PDP with optic. It's cool that the Canik and Walther use identical magazines. Both get rave reviews.

I also bought 3 spare mags and fifty boxes of ammo and wish I had got more!
Old 08-30-2022, 07:41 PM

My son bought a gun on July 5 and he still hasn’t heard anything either.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:10 AM

I still haven't heard anything on my June 27th purchase yet...but I'm hoping I hear something soon.