Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 11:51 AM

Ironically one of the weirdest buying experiences I ever did was out in Kitscoty.

Guy was selling a truck. It wasn’t a smoking deal but it was a truck I had been after for awhile. Ad has been up for maybe an hour, Friday morning. I had the day off work, so I call the guy and say I’m interested and I would drive out to buy it cash today. Seller says ok well I have already gotten a ton of attention on this and multiple people saying the same thing.

I take a seriously leap of faith and send a $1000 deposit to hold it. The guy then tells me someone else sent a deposit and first guy to drive out there would get the truck. WTF? Do you know what a deposit means?

Anyway, I raced out there and got the truck. But I kept thinking how ****ed I’d be if I was that other guy who sent a deposit and tried driving out only to be told sorry someone else was there before you! I’m sure they sent his deposit back but still what a screw around.

Then I’m driving the truck home. I notice I have multiple calls from the seller. I’m thinking maybe they forgot something in the truck… turns out I forgot to give them the bank draft for the truck. They thought they’d gotten scammed good from some kid from Edmonton. Boy were they ever relieved to see me again and hand that cheque over! Lol
Old 09-26-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Kijiji people seem to be the worst.

I've had just as many problems from sellers and buyers from Calgary as I have from E-Town. Just the way it is, sadly.

I wont go past the first initial contact with sellers unless they give me their number and we communicate that way, been burned too many times going through DM's.

What do these people think I'm gonna do with their number, put it on a bathroom wall and write for a good time call?

People are just weird these days about giving out their number.

No number, no deal. Just not interested on being given the runaround.
Oddly enough, I gave my number to 1 guy on kijiji a few months ago and the next day I had 5 calls from telemarketers, hadn't happened for months before that

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2021, 02:17 PM

A good Kijiji experience, Listed my 2008 Nissan Titan, had three people in three nights come to see it. All arrived when they said they would and I was very happy to see it sold to the wonderful family on the third night!

Granted this was in Calgary not Edmonton
Old 09-26-2021, 09:01 PM

Well third trip in a week was the charm.

Found a nice 2005 yesterday, bought it today.

The guy was very nice, honest, forthcoming and when the deal was done he gave me a truckload of extras.

I was trying to talk to another guy in Edmonton, messaged him last night, said he would call this morning. I messaged him at 0800, 1000, and then again at 1100. When he finally answered I was on the way home in my jeep.

I bought this one about a half hour north of Edmonton.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....