Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
While this is somewhat going off track, and is quite complex and personal, I'll attempt to fill in some blanks.
I'll do this because people need to understand that this Liberal federal government is willing to let people suffer and die in the name of their policy.
What the Feds are doing is not a mistake, or dumb. This is all on purpose, with the suffering caused an acceptable (to them) price.

My father was an Orthopedic surgeon in Calgary, where many like himself followed the law and tax codes to invest in Oil Jr's.
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent of their pre-tax income investments.
Trudeau Sr. legislated retroactive tax laws changes which required lost previously legal pre-tax investment money to be taxed.
Many had to retroactively pay tax on legally invested and lost money.
Many people declared bankruptcy, some could not.

As a public employee, my Father was not legally allowed to go into bankruptcy and remain a surgeon.
As the government was his employer, they decided to garnishee his wage 100%.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other orthopedic surgeons.
On call time would be split 4 ways.
Upon his arrival in Penticton, ALL three of the other surgeons left. Two to the United States and one retired.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call, without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was worried that he would harm a patient due to his exhaustion.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike by an "essential worker".

I know that the only reason my Father continued to work as a surgeon was his care for his patients. He cared for them too much to not help them.
He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would. He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry about their own political pain and injury.

I was young, and didn't understand how he could keep the family afloat.
With time I learned that it was the community that supported him and his family.
The residents of Penticton and area made sure that we were ok, so that they could have a caring doctor that they needed.
Unlike the Gov, which was willing to destroy us.
>>
This saddens and sickens me beyond belief WB, absolutely disgusting way to be treated. THIS rodent in power should be made to pay for his old mans behavior, to the point of bankruptcy. This is no different then us as Canadians having had to pay for 'supposed' treatment of others way back in the past. Such a horrible position your Dad was put in, just horrible. What a man he was/is.