Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM

you guys be very careful at what your doing here, if i were you i woudl just hang on for a bit here, gimme a email in a few months and i will hook you up on a cancellation hunt that will probly get you 5000$ off each person.

Do not cut corners which in return will get you into trouble, everything might be a goahead but then you still ahve to go on the hunt, equipment, dollars, boats,quads whatever it is your gonna need.

Hang in there and you will get a moose hunt pm me in a few months, i guide in the yukon and i am good friends with lots of people up there.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Good day if you are a resident of Yukon you can get a special guiding license to guide a Canadian resident for the purpose of hunting. Yes I have my facts straight and yes I can guide so whats your problem.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Allround; If you are serious about a moose hunt I wouldn't be waiting around to long. Here are a couple of links that you will find interesting. Start checking these people out! Make some phone calls and see what they have to offer. Let them know that you are interested in a cancellation hunt. Do you want to take your moose meat home? Some of these outfitters you can drive to (Yukon & NWT) so it makes it real handy. What ever route you go (outfitter/resident guide)have some options....you might be able to walk all day but can your Dad? Make sure your guide can call moose. Most will say they can but a few never try it. I guarantee if you shoot your bull at close quarters after calling him in you will get your moneys worth! Don't forget your camera...we want to see some pictures. Good luck

http://www.yukonoutfitters.net/
http://www.huntnwt.com/outfitters.html
Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 PM

Torkdiesel you need to get your fact straight before you comment it seems their are a few on this site that comment before they check the facts. All Yukon residents are allowed a special guiding license for the purpose of hunting. They issue 100 permits per year and any Canadian resident can be guided for the purpose of hunting
Old 03-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Lets see some pics of the animals you've taken up there Yukon.....

Just curious what kind of success you've had in the past. Not interested at all in heading up there with ya but just wanted to see some pics....
Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Default My facts are straight

Your right Yukon any resident can "HOST" a non resident canadian. You can host one hunter per resident. ONCE EVERY THREE YEARS. Just wondering what you were talking about when you said you were all booked up but maybe next year. And you can't charge any fee's or hire somebody to take you. We've all heard of these scams and jackpots before. Anybody reading this PLEASES CALL FISH AND WILDLIFE for yourselves. You may get away with cheating once or twice but it will catch up to you. Support the local outfitters.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Hey guys,

If you are interested in a moose hunt not a once in a life time trophy moose hunt check out www.Aircochrane.com i work on the side for them, they are great, and i think this year they are selling a fly in moose hunt for $1200/person do to the ressecion situation! The moose around here are not monster alaska yukon moose but there are nice ones. Here is a pic of mine. something you might be in for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike moose hunting s.s.jpg (65.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 PM

Default Big Knife Outfitters!

Moose hunts have 100% success on bulls measuring over 40"

These guys are awesome!!!! Cody is a great guy you can try contacting him and see if he has spots for this year maybe if not next yearPricing

All hunts are in US funds:

RIFLE HUNTS
Moose - $7,500
Mule Deer - $7,500
Whitetail Deer - $5,000
Deer Combo - $9,500/6 day or $10,500/10 day
ARCHERY HUNTS
Moose - $7,500
Mule Deer - $5,000
Whitetail Deer - $4,000
Deer Combo - $6,500
TAGS & LICENSES
Moose - $400
Mule Deer - $350
Whitetail Deer - $350
Wildlife Certificate - $40
Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 AM

Default just to get my head around the costs...

Guys in your experience do ordinary working guys go on these expensive guided hunts?

I mean I have often thought of doing one.
But is the price not out of range for a paid by the hour working guy???

Are the typical clients American CEO's and lawyer types?

Could somebody would prove me wrong?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570 View Post
Guys in your experience do ordinary working guys go on these expensive guided hunts?

anyone who has $7500 can go for a bull..... typically its americans though

I'm paid by the hour, where coveralls and PPE at work, drive a $2000 beater truck so that i have the cash to do stuff like that, while everyone ones making big time truck payments, i'm talking with outfitters and keeping my taxidermist busy.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 AM

We see all kinds up here for bou/musk-ox......not that "pricey" of a hunt. Now if you're talking bears it get's scary!!

Some guys would rather drop their dollars on a hunt....others Vegas....to each their own.

The vast majority are definately towards the upper middle class for sure.

tm
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantrap View Post
Hey guys,

i think this year they are selling a fly in moose hunt for $1200/person do to the ressecion situation!
That is dirt cheap if it is correct......you'll burn that up on a drop off up here....even if you stay within the 60 mile minimum. Not sure what he's flying but it must be a glider

tm
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
That is dirt cheap if it is correct......you'll burn that up on a drop off up here....even if you stay within the 60 mile minimum. Not sure what he's flying but it must be a glider

tm

no kidding the caravan we fly 114 miles into teh bush is 1200$ one way, nto sure what hes flying or how far but jees thats cheap.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
no kidding the caravan we fly 114 miles into teh bush is 1200$ one way, nto sure what hes flying or how far but jees thats cheap.

You guys make me laugh, They fly you into outpost camps with one of 2 beavers or a cessna. They supply the boat motor gas. Check them out guys! I ment to quote the glider part.LOL

Last edited by cantrap; 03-12-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570 View Post

A lot of American hunters are guys who have worked their way up industry jobs. Most of the guys I guided were in SOME sort of construction or contracting. A lot of concrete, machinery, etc guys come up. Guys who save their pennies and come on a hunt.....guys like you and me.

Some guys just have a lot of money and go on hunts as well, but seems like the majority are working guys who have made a good living for themselves and are either retired or getting close to...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
guidehunt

Question

i do belive only non resednt allians can hunt with outfitters in alberta unless they the hunter has a draw for moose they cannot sell moose allacotions to res or can res .?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Question Hunting moose by boat on Hay River or Chinchaga River in Northern Alberta

I am planning a hunting trip to Northern Alberta for fall 2009. I am wondering if anyone has hunted there and has any tips on hunting by boat on either the Hay River or Chinchaga River. If anyone has any information on the characteristics of either river, ie:// depth, falls, rapids, anything that I should be aware of in advance. The area I am looking at hunting in is near Indian Cabins in WMU 534. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
hunt, moose, yukon