Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM

Default Bait Fishing in BC in November where to go?

Hey guys just wondering since you all have been such a great help on here with regards my complete lack of knowledge on the bow river and fly fishing on the river in general taught I would post my next question here.

Basically I have some family members that want to come over to visit me in November here in calgary and then we head on down to BC to fish no set location yet the plan would be maybe try bait fish for some coho and myself and the bro try the flys for the steels anyone able to recommend some areas to try? or even package deals that are not 6,7 or 8 k plus as these are the prices I am finding. which would be ok for me but since they have to pay flights and that would not be so suitable for them

Any advice or tips would be great
Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Banned

Cool

Id be looking north, kitimat has a very late coho run and the odd late steel many waters to hit on the way . Not sure of cost up that way, but lots of fish to get on the salt hali,snapper,crab bait may need some reg research. Hope that puts you in the right direction kootaney lake is heating up round then might be an option, monster rainnows.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 PM

Kitimat BIG northren coho in the river now you can fish from the bank in many areas. Fish them like Walleye (jigs) just use stronger hooks NO barbs. They like pink,blue twister tails or maribou and silver/blue spoons. I use an ugly stick with 12# maxima

Prince Rupert for off shore fishing hook up with Meynardo Carlos MCA fishing 250-624-3347. Prob the best guide in Rupert the avrage trip there runs around $1100-1300 for the boat per day (Day trips)You walk on board with food and drinks for the day he drives kills fish and cleans em. Should get monster coho's now and lots of bottom fish The have a 2 halibut limit with a slot limit now 1-at 30Lbs and 1-at 60Lbs bigger ones go back.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Kitimat BIG northren coho in the river now you can fish from the bank in many areas. Fish them like Walleye (jigs) just use stronger hooks NO barbs. They like pink,blue twister tails or maribou and silver/blue spoons. I use an ugly stick with 12# maxima

Prince Rupert for off shore fishing hook up with Meynardo Carlos MCA fishing 250-624-3347. Prob the best guide in Rupert the avrage trip there runs around $1100-1300 for the boat per day (Day trips)You walk on board with food and drinks for the day he drives kills fish and cleans em. Should get monster coho's now and lots of bottom fish The have a 2 halibut limit with a slot limit now 1-at 30Lbs and 1-at 60Lbs bigger ones go back.
Pssst..... look at what Month his family shows up .