Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-04-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Clay and his crew are top notch!
X2
Old 09-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Prophet River's business model is second to none.

I have dealt with Clay and his staff on numerous occasions and asked him to start up a store in Calgary.....There is no competition here, now that WSS closed its doors....

This thread will be one of those endless threads.....Prophet River is notch in my books....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Bah....not to get greedy, but Edmonton just lost 2 WSS locations and milarm and is suddenly a wasteland of competition in the retail guns market.

Honestly, Phoenix Range has limited access to product, Cabela's will not bring anything in that isn't stocked on their shelves and selection is limited, to say the least.
That leaves P&D, terrible location south of downtown, but the only decent shop left.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Come on, this is hard to believe, surely he has bad breath or something, nobody's perfect.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:22 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman View Post
Come on, this is hard to believe, surely he has bad breath or something, nobody's perfect.
People are being too kind. We've had our share of in correct orders, orders too slow, missing inventory, etc. Trust me, its not always perfect and a few times far from it.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
People are being too kind. We've had our share of in correct orders, orders too slow, missing inventory, etc. Trust me, its not always perfect and a few times far from it.
True, and I have experienced it a couple of times. However, as in all things, it isn't about being perfect, it really is about the unrelenting effort to make it right when it has gone wrong, even when it wasn't your fault directly. In that you have never failed.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
True, and I have experienced it a couple of times. However, as in all things, it isn't about being perfect, it really is about the unrelenting effort to make it right when it has gone wrong, even when it wasn't your fault directly. In that you have never failed.
X2 People will put up with a lot if they know the person they are dealing with is doing their best. Some stores, the staff has no interest in their jobs, the results speak volumes. I have never dealt with Prophet River but, yesterday I was at the range admiring a guys stocks on his three Tikka's. When I asked him about them and where he got them he encouraged me to phone Clay at Prophet River, he'll fix you up he promised. That says a lot since this conversation happened in Med. Hat.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-05-2018, 05:12 AM

Another happy customer, from Saskatoon.
I like good price, which I got, but value good attitude and service even more.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
True, and I have experienced it a couple of times. However, as in all things, it isn't about being perfect, it really is about the unrelenting effort to make it right when it has gone wrong, even when it wasn't your fault directly.

No doubt, there are problems from time to time, but it is how quickly and efficiently you are at recognizing the problem and rectifying the issue.

I think Clay hires staff who want to be there; not just some schmo looking for a part time job.
He is my first call; he remains top notch in my books.....Keep it up.
Thanks,

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Banned

Prophet river is a great place to shop.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:15 AM

I am in bc and have always had very good experiences with pr.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:47 AM

Nothing but good things to say about prophet river. Great sales to when they do pop up.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM

Default Excellent

I’ve always had excellent service and communication dealing with prophet river,Clay is a great guy to deal with,always honest and professional.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:33 PM

Done a few deals with them and am doing another purchase now.
Top notch group.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:57 PM

Prophet River is still setting the standard for customer service.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:14 PM

Thought I would treat myself to a little birthday gift, this is my 4th purchase with prophet river and had my gift in my hands in about 2days through the mail! You will not find better service anywhere! Thanks again Prophet River.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:48 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol whitey View Post
Thought I would treat myself to a little birthday gift, this is my 4th purchase with prophet river and had my gift in my hands in about 2days through the mail! You will not find better service anywhere! Thanks again Prophet River.
We sure appreciate the business and so glad it arrived quickly. Canada Post has been a bit 'iffy' on a few order last while.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:56 PM

Clay and all his staff set the standard for service. I've done business quite a number of times in the last 8 or 10 years, and every time they have impressed. From importing a Colt Python, to buying a Browning BPS, to getting a Bell & Carlson stock that didn't fit (and that wasn't really their fault either, was confusion on the barrel contour of an XHR)....which they sent out the right one before I even had time to get the wrong one back in the mail to them. Just a no questions asked happy to serve business. I have never experienced better service anywhere else.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-18-2021, 05:06 PM

Myself and friends have not only purchased new firearms and gear from Prophet River, we have purchased several used or consignment firearms from them. A friend just purchased another used rifle from them yesterday at a very good price. And if there is ever an issue with a used firearm that they didn't know about, Clay takes care of it very quickly.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:36 PM

Thumbs up

Just received my order of 351 ammo from Prophet, very quick service.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:29 PM

Default Amazing

Clay and all his team are just amazing. If Clay sells it, I ain't buying it anywhere else. I'm just not. Case studies should be done on Prophet River for business textbooks. They really are that good. If you have never purchased from them, give them a try. You will be tickled pink.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:23 PM

I agree with all the good words written. Excellent service, willing to explain things and just genuine good people.
Keep up the awesome work, and the awesome service.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:00 PM

Default Prophet river

Yes,very good,they are a household name like KD and ground deer meat.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:54 PM

Another very satisfied customer here!! Will always go to them 1st
Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 AM

Default service

HI
Same as other replies, just that it has been help with the small items that are not as profitable that has been noticed!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:13 AM

I have been dealing with Prophet River for many years , from New to used rifles and shotguns pp and components . Really top shelf outfit .
I 'm sure there must be a dissatisfied customer out there somewhere, I mean there is a first time for everything, right ?!
Cat
Old 03-16-2021, 04:27 AM

Great guys over there. And they're the only ones who ever seem to have my 300wby ammo in stock. In Alberta anyway
Old 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM

Default excelent

the service at prophet river is second to none imo,just received an email update on a order from Nov 2020 and was shipped today,I cant wait to tell my 70 year old uncle its on the way as he has tried many other places that could not produce this item,big thanks to the staff at prophet river.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:23 AM

I have never had better customer service anywhere. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. I even got a phone call at home to make sure the bases and rings I purchased worked out properly. First class all the way.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:42 AM

You know you are number one in your space when your trade name requires no explanation. Skidoo = snowmobile, Kleenex = Come to think of it I don't know another name for them, Prophet River = Excellent Service.