Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-24-2018, 04:47 PM

Default Outstanding Customer Service .... Prophet River

Needed a scope and some rings for it so thought I'd search to see who had the glass I was looking for (I was looking for a specific Zeiss scope) and Prophet River had them in stock for a good price - so I thought I'd phone and make sure the to confirm tube size and ring height needed.

The guy on the phone not only helped me out in researching it, but called me back promptly and was able to do my order over the phone and set me up for shipping (that was yesterday afternoon).

I got home today (here in Edmonton) and my new scope and rings are here like Christmas morning.

With Outstanding Service like that, I will be spending more money with these guys. I hope they keep up the good work.

This business will grow because they will have a loyal following of customers like me.

Great job guys ...... I will be back ...... ps don't tell my wife .....
Old 08-24-2018, 04:48 PM

That is typical service for Prophet River. That is why they are the first place I look when I need something firearms related.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:55 PM

^^^ X's 3

They've helped me out many times over the last few years when I jumped into the rifle thing.

The phone call gets it done.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:05 PM

Clay and crew are First Class all the way
Old 08-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Banned

Clay really is the best guy I’ve ever dealt with, and not only regarding firearms but in any retail store I’ve dealt with. You can tell that customer satisfaction is his number one concern, something very rare these days.

Well, I have to say Lawrence at Accurate Archery is like the Clay of the Archery world. I’m so lucky to be able to deal with those two guys.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:45 PM

No one like, Clay. No one. The very best.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:14 PM

I have to agree Clay goes above and beyond

sns2... howdy, it’s been a while.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:23 PM

Ive bought a lot of items over the years from Clay at Prophet River and he's always first class to deal with.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:54 AM

Bought my Nikon M-Tactical scope from them a couple months back. Very quick to reply to emails and they just seem to carry stuff you cannot find anywhere else.

Matt
Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM

We're really lucky to have PR in our neck of the woods. Great product. Great costs. Great service.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:51 AM

Default Outstanding

Great to hear! Excellent CS goes a long way towards keeping consumers happy. Getting your hands on a M-Tactical a couple of months ago was huge. They just now are starting to be found in many of the big box retailers around the country. I haven't seen one since SHOT Show last January. I have been doing freelance work with Nikon for about the last 10 years and I always try to help out anyone with a problem or trying to find a specific product. I'd love to hear about how the M-Tactical has been working for you. Some much-needed improvements over the old M-223 line. Are you using Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle, scope, and ammo?
Old 08-25-2018, 10:49 PM

Always a good expearance with these guys so far. It sure is nice talking to people that actually know there products and sell quilty equipment.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:51 PM

Clay and his crew are top notch!
Old 08-25-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Clay and his crew are top notch!
I couldn't agree more. Great outfit
Old 08-25-2018, 11:55 PM

Interestingly this is a company I have never seen a complaint about. He should run courses and charge other businesses, like clothing stores, shoes stores etc, to teach them how to run a retail outlet at peak performance. It is great to have a hard example of just how well a business can be run, it isn't just theory. U of A would do well to send some of its MBA students to Clay. It would make a really interesting case study.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:03 AM

Great shop! Always stop by when I'm in town
Old 08-26-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Interestingly this is a company I have never seen a complaint about. He should run courses and charge other businesses, like clothing stores, shoes stores etc, to teach them how to run a retail outlet at peak performance. It is great to have a hard example of just how well a business can be run, it isn't just theory. U of A would do well to send some of its MBA students to Clay. It would make a really interesting case study.
You are 100% correct, Dean. I have had the same thought myself. He has figured out a formula for success. I hope he makes an absolute killing. Not only is it an outstanding business model, as you know, Clay is an outstanding guy.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have dealt with firearms dealers that only cared about receiving my money, and that could care less if I even received what I ordered and paid for, so it was very refreshing to see how far Clay goes to see that his customers are satisfied. It desn't seem to matter if there is an issue with a product, or if Canada Post loses a parcel, Clay goes out of his way to make things right with a customer. Sure it takes more time, and it adds to the overhead to operate this way, but it earns customer loyalty, and pays off in the long run, when those same customers keep making more and more purchases, and when they send friends and family to make purchases of their own.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:27 AM

Prophet River is outstanding !
I have heard of only one complaint in all the years I have known that Clay has been in business , and it was handled perfectly from what I remember but the customer still was not satisfied .
I cannot remember the details , but it was over on CGN I think .

I can tell you that my son special ordered a pistol from them (a Kimber Desert Warrior I think) and it took a long time to get in , everybody had forgotten about it over time - he did not have to put a deposit down BTW!
One day I was doing some business over the phone with him and Clay asked if I had ordered a Desert Warrior .
Being a wheel gunner I said " nope , that woukd have been my son, if it doesn't have a cylinder I would not have ordered it!"
He said it was there but the order form had somehow been misplaced that is why Rob had not been called so if my son wanted it he would ship it , if not all was good and he would put it in the store inventory!

That is the type of person he is , gies out of his way to make it right all around .
He tries to get a shipment out in the morning , if he does I normally have the package the next day in Ft McMurray!!
Cat
Old 08-26-2018, 09:38 AM

My only complaint with Prophet River is that Clay doesn’t have a store in Spruce Grove or Edmonton. I order all my Berger bullets and scope mounts from Clay and if I order on a late Monday afternoon I usually have it in my hands on Wednesday morning.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:46 AM

Thumbs up Prophet River

I have had a number of dealings with Clay and his staff and l share the comments about the quality service they provide. I have consigned items, ordered items through them from the US and bought reloading stuff and everything has been handled well. They are a first class firearms business and l have no problem recommending them to friends.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
Great to hear! Excellent CS goes a long way towards keeping consumers happy. Getting your hands on a M-Tactical a couple of months ago was huge. They just now are starting to be found in many of the big box retailers around the country. I haven't seen one since SHOT Show last January. I have been doing freelance work with Nikon for about the last 10 years and I always try to help out anyone with a problem or trying to find a specific product. I'd love to hear about how the M-Tactical has been working for you. Some much-needed improvements over the old M-223 line. Are you using Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to dial in your rifle, scope, and ammo?
I have only shot with it 3 times at a 25m, 50m, and 100m range. As far as clarity and ease of use go I am very happy with it, but I have not tried any longer distances or played around with the Nikon Spot On. I will do this though, as I have also started reloading and I would like to figure this all out. I have the 3x12 mildot version and am using it on 6.5 CM.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:44 AM

Never been there. Good service is getting hard to find. Will be making a stop there next chance I get. Good to hear.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:11 PM

Default Prophet River Service !!

I have also dealt with Clay and his staff for a number of years, he is "TOP SHELF" to the customers needs and always have a good chat with him on the phone or when at his store. My #1 go to shop for many of my purchases. Hope he stays around for years to come, with the same Great service. Cheers to them.!!
Old 08-27-2018, 02:07 PM

Clay has always been great, but the last time I phoned another gentleman answered..... I asked for a red grind to fit Pachmayr recoil pad and was told they could not get me one..... hard to believe they could order almost any gun or gun part from almost anywhere but couldn’t get me a recoil pad?
Guess I’ll go somewhere else. Hope they don’t treat me good or I won’t be coming back.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Clay has always been great, but the last time I phoned another gentleman answered..... I asked for a red grind to fit Pachmayr recoil pad and was told they could not get me one..... hard to believe they could order almost any gun or gun part from almost anywhere but couldn’t get me a recoil pad?
Guess I’ll go somewhere else. Hope they don’t treat me good or I won’t be coming back.
We are not parts dealers but we should be able to help. If you like, fire me a PM with who you spoke with and the exact part.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
We are not parts dealers but we should be able to help. If you like, fire me a PM with who you spoke with and the exact part.
Thank you.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:19 AM

I have nothing but good to say about Clay and his staff, top drawer service, I will buy there again definetly, highly recommend!
Old 09-01-2018, 08:23 AM

Another positive review here! Prophet River put the extra effort in communicating with a fellow who had some consignment items up for sale. All of my questions answered promptly, and they were good enough to take a deposit on two rifles while I scrounged up the rest of the money needed for the purchase. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 08:19 AM

Having a hard time finding gmx ammo in sask.prophet river ordered the ammo in then shipped it to me.this is my first dealings with them and will definitely be using them again.i like to keep my business local but when local businesses aren't inclined to order stuff in for me I'll spend my money at prophet river!