Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Banned

Anyone want to go catch a bunch of lakers at ghost res this weekend?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Waterfowl Hunting Partner Needed

I am looking to hook up with serious waterfowl hunters. I am looking to hunt fields rather than over water however but I will hunt water if needed.

I have 50+ goose decoys (field), 38+ ducks and my own layout blind (Final Approach Guide Blind). I have some land to hunt and I am looking at 4 days at the end of October with private access to 7500 acres in Central SK.

I also have land to hunt east of Red Deer. I am from Calgary and I want to find two or three other hunters who a serious hunters who want to get out and put in some good days. I am looking for serious respectful hunters who are prepared to put in the time scouting and getting permission (as I am prepared to do the same). More people on the road + in field = better shoots, plain and simple.

I am prepared to hunt anywhere within 2 hours of Calgary.

Message me if you are interested.

Jason
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarter View Post
I am looking to hook up with serious waterfowl hunters. I am looking to hunt fields rather than over water however but I will hunt water if needed.

I have 50+ goose decoys (field), 38+ ducks and my own layout blind (Final Approach Guide Blind). I have some land to hunt and I am looking at 4 days at the end of October with private access to 7500 acres in Central SK.

I also have land to hunt east of Red Deer. I am from Calgary and I want to find two or three other hunters who a serious hunters who want to get out and put in some good days. I am looking for serious respectful hunters who are prepared to put in the time scouting and getting permission (as I am prepared to do the same). More people on the road + in field = better shoots, plain and simple.

I am prepared to hunt anywhere within 2 hours of Calgary.

Message me if you are interested.

Jason
Might get more response in the hunting section...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eore View Post
anyone want to go catch a bunch of lakers at ghost res this weekend?
yes!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Looking for fishing partner from 16 -18

Looking for fishing buddy, for fishing trips during the week. I don't have boat but would be more than happy to pay for gas, beer and cigars. I usually try to go for 20lb Pike up near Steepbank Lake but wouldn't mind walleye fishing in the Pembina or NSR.

If anyone doesn’t mind driving 4 hours outside Edmonton I have a hole that has consistently produced 25lbs+ pike. I have a personal pontoon boat and you would need one or a smal boat to get to the spot. It’s tons of fun catching big pike in a pontoon boat so if anybody has one and would like to go just let me know. Like I said happy would be happy to pay for gas just don't like fishing by myself in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 PM

Taking tomorrow off work, looking to get into some fish. Anyone willing?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Anyone let me tag along?

Really want to go to do some fishing, but don't know where to go? And would be nice to have some buddy to go with.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Edmonton ice fishing buddy.

Hey I'm looking for a fishin buddy near edmonton. I do a lot of fishing but never been ice fishing. Would love to try it. I'd be happy to drive and supply the beer and stogies/copenhagen.
Please message me if interested.
I apologize if I'm not posting in the correct place I'm new to this.

Reid
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Going to go check the ice on lakes around fairview. Namely stoney as I'd like some brookies for dinner. anyone interested I'm free until thursday.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Ice fishing partner needed

I'm looking for someone to split gas / driving with this winter. I'm from Vermilion and usually fish Cold Lake and the Lac La Biche area. Prefer to sled in when possible

Last edited by Kgz; 11-12-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Need to change wording
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM

Default Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgz View Post
I'm looking for someone to split gas / driving with this winter. I'm from Vermilion and usually fish Cold Lake and the Lac La Biche area. Prefer to sled in when possible
I don't have a sled but i have the tent,camerA and all the gear a wife would let you buy. If there is room for two on your sledge we could go to Glover lake, which is epic fishing for pike white fish and burbot. never caught more fish in my live, then everytime I fish at Glover lake. I can only go durring the week though because i have my kids on the weekends. I'm semi-retired so i can go whenever it works best for you.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Unhappy ****

Well I meant that to be a private message but I'm glad Glover lake is pretty hard to get to.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetchimo View Post
Well I meant that to be a private message but I'm glad Glover lake is pretty hard to get to.

No worries.

I skipped right over it and didn't read it, lol.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Anyone from edmonton want to go ice fishing tomorrow? Il drive if you pitch on gas, give me a pm! Want to go tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Posted on the facebook group, figured I should post up here too. Next week I plan on fishing Snipe lake during the week for a day or two after I get a deer. If I get one on the weekend I could be out fishing on Sunday, I have until thursday (29th) off and would like to get out at least twice. PM me if you're interested in joining.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM

Default Cheecham Hills

I'm heading out on Wednesday morning to the Cheecham Hills area to find monster pike. It is a long way to go, north of lac La biche but the fishing is epic. I might want to send night in the tent on a caught but would make a day trip if that's easier for a "first time" fishing trip. If it's a day trip we would leave super early and get back late but the ice should be great and you will get your fill of fish. i don't like ice fishing by myself inthe middle of nowhere and I will pay for gas food cigars and beer just need want to go with someone who dosen't mind the drive.
If anyone is interested in the ovenight trip let me know because that could be alot of fun as well. I have a huge tent I'm buying a tent heater tomorrow. If you have a caught and want to try some real back country fishing PM me and we can make some plans.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM

Default Star lake

I actually heading out to my lake in Cheecham Hills last night. The fishing was great but sleeping in my ice tent was interesting to say the least. Caught lots pike but I'm heading out to star lake to try and get some trout tomorrow. If anyone wants a ride let me know and I can pick you up in the morning.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Default Company?

Anyone in the Edmonton area who wants to go fishing tomorrow PM me and I can pick you up in the morning for a day trip. Heading to a lake near Wab as a day trip.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 AM

If anyone needs a partner at Keho drop me a line, I live 5 minutes away and I'm available most weekday evenings and saturday mornings.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 AM

Default Kids fishing

I'm taking my girls, 5 and 7, to Star lake on Saturdays if anyone wants to join. I have a tent, camera and heater so it's good for the kids. My tents a big one so an additional heater might help warm up the young ones. The ice is thick and kids have more fun when other kids are around so if anyone would like to bring their kids,pm me and I can give you the details.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Heading out to either Pigeon or Ste. Anne tonight, if I don't get called into work that is.

Planning on leaving the house at about 5, got a one man tent, auger, etc.

If anyone wants to tag along I got a extra seat in the truck, all you'll need is a rod, and a tent if you need one.

Fire me a pm on here, or post to reply.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffy91 View Post
Heading out to either Pigeon or Ste. Anne tonight, if I don't get called into work that is.

Planning on leaving the house at about 5, got a one man tent, auger, etc.

If anyone wants to tag along I got a extra seat in the truck, all you'll need is a rod, and a tent if you need one.

Fire me a pm on here, or post to reply.
Yep, don't gotta work.

Who wants to come along?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Request help ice fishing near Calgary

My daughter and her family just moved to Calgary from the lower 48 and my wife and I are coming up to spend Christmas with them this year (Dec 21-26). My 10 year-old grandson and I have loved ice fishing together down here in Colorado, and I'd like to get out for a day with him during the visit.

I'm hoping there my be some benevolent person around Calgary who might be willing to let us accompany him for a day and give us a chance to get onto some fish. We are experienced, but I can't bring any of my gear on the plane. I don't mind buying some more poles, line and lures, if necessary, but will lack auger and flasher.

Love to get a PM from someone who is willing to help us out.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM

I'll be making my first ice fishing trips this saturday and sunday. I'm thinking of hitting up phyllis/burnstick lake on sunday. Open to go anywhere saturday. I wouldn't mind trying a new lake, somewhere close to edmonton. I got a 2 man flip up shack, and all the gear. send me a pm if you wanna hunt for fish!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM

Default looking to fish

live in high river all i got is a ice rod and the will to fish i got a jetta riggeed up for winter dont have any ice gear but im willing to chip for gas or drive maybe some beer and other goodies? gimme a pm if your interested got some free time now and coming up msg me if u wanna head out on the hard water!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Heading out to wabaman saturday with truck and quad ,tent heater,camera etc around 8:30 am from the yellowhead north east side of Edmonton.
Room for one , just bring your rod and tackle ,split the fuel.
Pm me by 7:30 am sat
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Default Dec 10 - 15

Thinking of going to Tampa, FL. for a few days. Anyone wants to come along? We could shared a charter to go fishing? Or does anyone have good idea where to go fishing in this season there? Or which charter co. to go with?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Cool burnstick recon

Room for one in truck for tomorrow's burnstick Reece . I have all gear, tent, anger,sounder, rods & set lines. Chip for gas & bait .willing to pick-up in area didsbury - invisvale . Or meet at my place. The trip will have a 1-2k hike pulling sled. Tent and heater will be with for comfort. Bring a chair the rest I got covered. Pm if your up for a jaunt. Leaing old's 10 -11 am.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM

I'm from gibbons. Hitting wabamun tommorow. I have all the gear (tent, auger, heater and even extra tip ups and rods if need be. I'll have a open spot in the tent. If you want to join shoot me a MSG by 7 tommorow morning. I'll be out there by about 9:30 and staying till sundown.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM

Talking Conklin overnight trip

I'm heading out to the cheechman hills area for an overnight trip Tuesday next week. Lots of pike and other fish and it's easy to get to. If you haven't ever done an overnight fishing trip and like drinking and catching fish, pm me and we will set something up. I have all the kit we would need but I wouldn't mind going with a group of three or four guys.